So.. I've been looking around and gathering some info to get myself a new pair of cans for the office, but I figured I'd ask for help here too since the last times I came to ask I ended up getting great stuff. :D
What I'm looking for are some Noise Isolating/Cancelling Headphones to use in the office, so everyone else won't hear my music, but most of all, so I don't hear them. I've had to start coding in the office to make some tools recently (even tho it's not exactly my job) and I can't code two lines in a row if I hear any chatter at all :\
What I'm looking for is something that:
- Kills all the noise with extreme prejudice, but voices most of all, active noise cancellation is good if works with chatter and such, if not some passive insulation will have to do.
- Around-the-ear and comfortable, ideally something similar to the ATH-AD700, I can keep that thing on all day long and not even notice it's there.
- Sounds nice of course. Ideally something analytical and clear, balanced (Thanks to the "Describing Sound" thread as usual). The source is pretty good, but not great.
- As far as budget goes, I was expecting to spend anywhere between 80 to 200$, I wouldn't go higher than that if it's not *really* worth it.
At this point I'm looking at the ATH-ANC9, but I'm not fully convinced.
Other than that, it's been a lousy week and I managed in the span of a few days to:
- Have my ATH-AD700 implode (hopefully it's just some wiring issues inside the cans since they're sorta old and abused a lot, they're in for repairs now)
- Lose after a party my Brainwavz B2 while being too drunk to even remotely remember where. Those were less than one year old... T____T
So I'll need for sure another pair of in-ears and if I'm unlucky a pair of headphones at home too, so suggestions on that front for alternatives with a similar sound type are welcome (atm my plan is to just get more of the same as soon as I find them at a good price since I love them both, maybe a step up to the AD900)