I'm hoping some knowlegable person can recommend a set of headphones with the features listed below. I'm willing to pay up to $200 but preferably less, after discovering that my $99 noise-canceling Sony's emulated my son-in-law's $400 Bose. I'm now convinced price does not necessarily equate with value. Since I already have several flat "studio" headphones in my studio, I'm looking for something with a bit of punch. I like bass but not overly-booming, like those sold at drug stores. Below is my wish list of features in a set of headphones. Yeah, I know I'm asking a lot for so little, but maybe they exist:
1. Clarity (I want to hear all the sounds).
2. Low resistance, like about 32 -40 ohms (its for an MP3 player).
3. Circumaural as I don't like to have my ears squeezed.
4. Swivel cups.
5. Passive noise canceling (I don't want to mess with batteries).
6. Preferably straight cable, at the very least 6 ft, and prefeably one that plugs into the headphones. The cable MUST connect to only one can.
7. Durable cover over the padding. To me the "leatherette" invention is planned obsolesnce, just a marketing plan to sell replacements every 6 months. I don't wish to encourage consumer exploitation.
8. A brand name, some company that will still be around tomorrow; so that I can get support if I need it in the future.
9. Not collapsable as I find those type annoying. Like plug n' play, I like to pick up and listen.
There, that just about does it. So is there anything out there that remotely resembles one with these features, either over-the-head or neckband?