My Nexus 5 is scheduled for delivery later today and I need a headset! I've been racking my brain for the past week but I still can't decide.
I have looked into a myriad of different headsets including the Jays a-JAYS Five, Audio Technica CKS55iBK, Klipsch S4i (II), LG HSS-420, Sony MH1C, Sennheiser MM 70s, MEElectronics M6P and the SoundMAGIC E10M.
Needless to say my head is spinning with all the options.
Not to mention I could list one thing about each product that conflicts with my application/aesthetic.
- The a-JAYS Five don't have the best reviews when it comes to longevity or build quality.
- The CKS55iBK has a questionable design, reviews are generally underwhelming for Audio Technica as a company and few and far between for this particular headset.
- The Klipsch S4i (II) has overwhelmingly good reviews, but I really don't care for the design or branding at all and the second generation hasn't proven itself yet AFAIK.
- The MM 70s from Sennheiser don't have the best reviews but they seem overpriced at worst.
- Sony's MH1C headset remote/cable combination is gaudy and apparently terrible, however the audio quality is supposedly one of the best in it's class.
- The HSS-420 has good reviews but not the most balanced range or sound stage from what I've read.
- The M6P would probably be a solid buy and MEElectronics is great, but you get what you pay for and I might want something a little higher quality.
- I don't know much about SoundMAGIC but the E10M seems to be a nice headset though I'm not crazy about the design.
If you have read this far I'm already in your debt haha. I can be very picky when it comes to practical these kind of purchases. I am not an audiophile but I am a musician, I have a good ear and an eye for quality. I would pay more attention to impedance and sensitivity but the differences seem to be negligible in this price range.
Can you help me?
(EDIT: Sorry about the formatting, my computer was being weird!)
Edited by Broom - 12/3/13 at 10:52am