HI all, I listen to many different genere of music (mostly classical). I play keyboard and organ also. which pair of phones do you think would give you the most detail mid range clearness and highs.
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio X2 vs Bowers&Wilkins p7 vs Focal Spirit Professional ?? Last post on 1/4/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Bowers & Wilkins P7 - SOLD Last post on Yesterday at 8:05 am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Has anybody purchased from Chinese sellers on Ebay? Last post on 2/19/15 at 9:31am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Good non-leaking over ear headphones for office use (~$400) Last post on 2/15/15 at 12:09am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Endgame portable over ear advice (please help!!) Last post on 2/2/15 at 9:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Focal Spirit Classic vs Focal Spirit Professional Vs Bowers & Wilkins P7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hmmm... have got the Pro's and have been wearing them out and about, to me they sounded close to the P7 just as good and more versatile but I could only try the P7 in a store under pressure rather than be able to sit down and evaluate subtle nuances etc. Am thinking about sending the Pro's back for the Classics which is what has led me to this thread... to me the Pro's are good, they do their job as they're made for the studio but they lack an edge some would want for casual use, hence why Focal brought out the Classic which are warmer. Portably the Pros work well as they're made to be rugged but they felt bit cold to me... am going back and forth on whether to keep them or not, not sure I can relax and listen to them.
Good if you can upgrade the cable apparently.... was thinking about cutting the 4m one into an easier size and using it but a review says that the phones sound better using the FSP cable so its likely that an upgrade is needed regardless.
Forgot to take photos of the Spirit Pro's I had in... they were (IMO) more stylish than the Classic but that's me, got no real need for touchy feely headbands or snazzy headgear. Also, note that the Focal's FOLD... no one mentioned this in any of the reviews there's only been one pic of them on here in a folded position, they fold inward like the P5's so they're "portable" and fit into a bag they come with. Was a big seller for me actually had the Pro's and didn't know that they could tuck themselves away like that until noticing an image of the Classic folded. Haven't tried them yet, thinking I'm gonna need an amp to really rock these. Not sure if I want to wait to get an RSA 71B or be impatient and get an IBasso PB2 for kicks and upgrade later. The records stacked up behind it are my 2013 vinyl purchases I'm yet to open and play with.
- Focal Spirit Classic vs Focal Spirit Professional Vs Bowers & Wilkins P7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM! 57 seconds ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 4 minutes ago
- › Amps and sensitive headphones issue. 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 7 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 7 minutes ago
- › [Review] Yulong D200 7 minutes ago
- › Denon AHM-M400 10 minutes ago
- › Popup ads 10 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Courageousbo
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2