HI all, I listen to many different genere of music (mostly classical). I play keyboard and organ also. which pair of phones do you think would give you the most detail mid range clearness and highs.
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio X2 vs Bowers&Wilkins p7 vs Focal Spirit Professional ?? Last post on 1/4/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Bowers & Wilkins P7 - SOLD Last post on 5/21/15 at 8:05am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Has anybody purchased from Chinese sellers on Ebay? Last post on 2/19/15 at 9:31am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Good non-leaking over ear headphones for office use (~$400) Last post on 2/15/15 at 12:09am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Endgame portable over ear advice (please help!!) Last post on 2/2/15 at 9:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Focal Spirit Classic vs Focal Spirit Professional Vs Bowers & Wilkins P7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hmmm... have got the Pro's and have been wearing them out and about, to me they sounded close to the P7 just as good and more versatile but I could only try the P7 in a store under pressure rather than be able to sit down and evaluate subtle nuances etc. Am thinking about sending the Pro's back for the Classics which is what has led me to this thread... to me the Pro's are good, they do their job as they're made for the studio but they lack an edge some would want for casual use, hence why Focal brought out the Classic which are warmer. Portably the Pros work well as they're made to be rugged but they felt bit cold to me... am going back and forth on whether to keep them or not, not sure I can relax and listen to them.
Good if you can upgrade the cable apparently.... was thinking about cutting the 4m one into an easier size and using it but a review says that the phones sound better using the FSP cable so its likely that an upgrade is needed regardless.
Forgot to take photos of the Spirit Pro's I had in... they were (IMO) more stylish than the Classic but that's me, got no real need for touchy feely headbands or snazzy headgear. Also, note that the Focal's FOLD... no one mentioned this in any of the reviews there's only been one pic of them on here in a folded position, they fold inward like the P5's so they're "portable" and fit into a bag they come with. Was a big seller for me actually had the Pro's and didn't know that they could tuck themselves away like that until noticing an image of the Classic folded. Haven't tried them yet, thinking I'm gonna need an amp to really rock these. Not sure if I want to wait to get an RSA 71B or be impatient and get an IBasso PB2 for kicks and upgrade later. The records stacked up behind it are my 2013 vinyl purchases I'm yet to open and play with.
- Focal Spirit Classic vs Focal Spirit Professional Vs Bowers & Wilkins P7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Noble BTS 2 minutes ago
- › 2015 Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable Player -... 3 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 4 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 4 minutes ago
- › The Pono Player Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › SchiitShow 2015 Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Is there really such a thing as a non - colored headphone ( are the... 6 minutes ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (Sunday, August 30, 2015) - part of CanMania @... 6 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 7 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2