So I've been a really huge dunce recently and dropped weights onto the chord of my ATH-M50's and they are ****ed beyond belief. Hence, I am looking for a new pair of headphones in the same region of pricing. If in the end the ATH-M50's still deliver what I want the best I will probably end up buying them again.
Preferably I'm looking for a pair of headphones that will deliver a sound for that of very heavy and hard hitting music. The problem is, I haven't been interested in audio for a long enough time to know if I'm a bass head. My ignorance tells me that when I do turn the bass up I do enjoy the sound of my music more, it feels as if it gives what I listen to (metal/death metal) way more power.
- Detachable cable would be nice (so if I lose my brain again I'm not down another $200)
- High quality build, relative to the price
- A problem I had with the ATH-M50's and the sort of synthetic leather foam on them is that over time my glasses actually imprinted into them. This wasn't a comfortability issue but the pads are a little bit wacky now
- I have quite a large head but the M50's did fit in regards to the strap. However, over time I felt that my ears would touch the speakers
- I do want headphones that will basically completely cover my ears, there's nothing worse than feeling as if I have headphones that don't fit properly
I know I'm very vague in a sense, but any help would be greatly appreciated.