Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › best headphones for around 120$? for music
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

best headphones for around 120$? for music

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 

i have 120$ to spend on a good headphone for my iphone 4s i be listening to pandora etc any suggestions?

post #2 of 21

JVC HA-S680 is your best option at just 81$, the bass is fantastic and they are crazy comfortable:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/690493/the-jvc-ha-s680-s400s-and-s500s-big-brother-is-here

post #3 of 21
Thread Starter 
post #4 of 21


Stay away from any celebrity-endorsed or fashion-oriented headphones. They don't invest much in sound quality.

post #5 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post
 


Stay away from any celebrity-endorsed or fashion-oriented headphones. They don't invest much in sound quality.

ok. Then what do you recommend and what are good brands that offer you good sound?

post #6 of 21
post #7 of 21

JVC HA-S680 is probably your best option under 200$, they sound a-ma-zing!

 

Noontec Zoro HD is another great one, but I haven't heard it, so can't compare.

Also, they look like Beats Solo knock-offs, so people will think you can't afford the real ones  :wink_face: 

post #8 of 21
Thread Starter 


is there anything good that i can get from bestbuy target walmart

post #9 of 21
MrJellop.

You can find good headphones for $120. Can you help us help you by sharing your music preference and any other must haves or pet peeves?

Any recommendation without knowing those things about you would be misleading.
post #10 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyee View Post

MrJellop.

You can find good headphones for $120. Can you help us help you by sharing your music preference and any other must haves or pet peeves?

Any recommendation without knowing those things about you would be misleading.

music like owl city nickleback train kpop and some rap

post #11 of 21
Look for bass emphasized or warm sounding headphones since you listen to popular top 40 music.

Will you use an amp? The M50 mentioned above should be a good fit. The Hifiman HE-300 is super nice for a little more. Also, check out the Grados, Sennheiser hd25, V-Moda.
post #12 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyee View Post

Look for bass emphasized or warm sounding headphones since you listen to popular top 40 music.

Will you use an amp? The M50 mentioned above should be a good fit. The Hifiman HE-300 is super nice for a little more. Also, check out the Grados, Sennheiser hd25, V-Moda.

i am new to headphones what are amps?


Edited by Mrjellop - 12/1/13 at 9:55am
post #13 of 21
Spend some time reading the tips on this site before proceeding.

http://www.headphone.com/learning-center/
post #14 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyee View Post

Spend some time reading the tips on this site before proceeding.

http://www.headphone.com/learning-center/

thx

post #15 of 21
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › best headphones for around 120$? for music