Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Question about Fiio E09K
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Question about Fiio E09K

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 

Hello

I would like to ask somebody that has experience with the E09K amplifier from Fiio.

 

I don't understand if in order to accept input from an USB computer port one needs to dock an E17 unit. I am puzzled because the E09K specs states that there is an USB input so apparently the unit is also a DAC, or am I wrong?

 

I would greatly appreciate any clarification on this point

post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by adone56 View Post
 

Hello

I would like to ask somebody that has experience with the E09K amplifier from Fiio.

I don't understand if in order to accept input from an USB computer port one needs to dock an E17 unit. I am puzzled because the E09K specs states that there is an USB input so apparently the unit is also a DAC, or am I wrong?

I would greatly appreciate any clarification on this point

The E09K does not contain a DAC, when the E17 is docked to the E09K, the E09K can use the E17's DAC.

So the E09K's USB input is useless unless the E17 is docked to it.

 

You can also daisy chain external DAC's to the E09K, connecting the E09K's line-input to the line-output on a DAC (or sound card).

post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 

Thanks for your very explanatory answer. 

post #4 of 6
FWIW, my E09K can barely drive (at 3:00) my AKG K340 electrostatic hybrid headphones (400 Ohms). Some people might want it louder.
Off topic, maybe, but not off the title of the thread. I'm piggybacking, not highjacking, now that the first question of the thread is resolved.
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by akgK340owner View Post

FWIW, my E09K can barely drive (at 3:00) my AKG K340 electrostatic hybrid headphones (400 Ohms). Some people might want it louder.
Off topic, maybe, but not off the title of the thread. I'm piggybacking, not highjacking, now that the first question of the thread is resolved.

So your asking about getting a more powerful headphone amplifier, then the E09K?

I'm assuming you have the source (computer?) volume control as high as possible?

post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

So your asking about getting a more powerful headphone amplifier, then the E09K?
I'm assuming you have the source (computer?) volume control as high as possible?

Actually, the E09K seems to be strong enough for me, so far, but I'm warning that it might not be strong enough for others with high-impedance phones. I have my phono amp also at 3:00; I listen to CD's from a stereo line output. In general, I'm concerned that any amp might not be so accurate at max volume.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Question about Fiio E09K