Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Portable amp that can add more bass to a can than the Fiio e11?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Portable amp that can add more bass to a can than the Fiio e11?

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
Is there one? Or is there another that can add more bass to a set of cans? The price of the fiio is great so im wondering if it can be beat for around same price.
post #2 of 18
Thread Starter 
BUMP
post #3 of 18
Thread Starter 
bump
post #4 of 18

FIIO E12 and FIIO E17 both have a great bass boost - E17's boost is a bit lower in the frequency range.

post #5 of 18
Thread Starter 
Better than E11? Im adding bass to an already bassy can,the ATH-Pro700mk2
post #6 of 18

Here is E11's bass boost:

 

Here is E12's boost:

 

Here is E17's boost:

 

 

Looks like E12 has the cleanest bass boost.


Edited by BenF - 11/30/13 at 5:16pm
post #7 of 18
Hi,

I stumbled across this post researching my new E12 purchase. I had read many reviews which claimed the bass boost to be in the sub bass frequencies. I chose the E12 based on those claims. I have a senn HD600 which at sometimes, depending on my mood with punk music, want a tiny, tiny little bit more of a kick from the kick drum and lower bass guitar notes. I didn't want a boost similiar to that of the E11, which I already have and always leave off as I feel it muddies up the sound. I feel the HD600 has enough warmth above 80hz for my tastes.

Sadly, after placing and paying for my order I find out it was only the early batches that had the sub bass boost. Fiio's site now claims greater than 5db @ 100hz for the E12 frown.gif. All the reviews I had read spoke of the minimal sub bass boost that didn't effect the sound at all and just added some kick. I fear now that I may have wasted this purchase and got more of what I wanted to get away from.

To me all of the graphs posted look as if they will sound the same. Why do you say E17 will be the cleanest. Does anyone have input on the new E12 batch's bass boost? Does it ruin the bass and lower midrange?
Edited by JUSTINDTH - 12/2/13 at 5:25am
post #8 of 18
Thread Starter 
"Cleanest bass boost"? Does that mean the E12 is adding the strongest and distortion free bass? I also said around the Fiio E11 price,the E12 is more than twice the cost. But if im getting what im paying for then thats different. My reason for a purchase is to use it with my ATH-M50 and the ATH-Pro700 mk2. So the amp will have to be able to bring out the mids in a can and a strong bass boost. A treble eq would be nice also. Is the E12 my best bet or something else? Preferably under $100
post #9 of 18
JDS Labs C5D
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by willitblend View Post

"Cleanest bass boost"? Does that mean the E12 is adding the strongest and distortion free bass? I also said around the Fiio E11 price,the E12 is more than twice the cost. But if im getting what im paying for then thats different. My reason for a purchase is to use it with my ATH-M50 and the ATH-Pro700 mk2. So the amp will have to be able to bring out the mids in a can and a strong bass boost. A treble eq would be nice also. Is the E12 my best bet or something else? Preferably under $100

 

It looks like the graph doesn't match the "5dB at 100hz" description on the FIIO website.

I asked James to clarify in the E12 thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/620339/fiio-flagship-portable-amp-mont-blanc-e12-discussing-thread-the-pre-order-unit-arrives

post #11 of 18

spend a bit more and get a Graham Slee Voyager, incredible bass

post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by KT66 View Post
 

spend a bit more and get a Graham Slee Voyager, incredible bass


It's over 300$, his limit is around a 100$

post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post
 

 

It looks like the graph doesn't match the "5dB at 100hz" description on the FIIO website.

I asked James to clarify in the E12 thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/620339/fiio-flagship-portable-amp-mont-blanc-e12-discussing-thread-the-pre-order-unit-arrives


I also thought the graph on their website did not match the specifications listing of greater than > 5db @ 100Hz. I would like to know what the frequency graph of the current production line of E12 bass boost is. I will read up in the thread. Thank you for the link.

 

Any comments from people with newer E12s? When did the change happen? Can anyone comment on the 'new' bass boost?

 

Also, how can you tell which version of the E12 you have?

 

To the OP I can comment that I found the E11 to be fantastic for the money. However, the bass boost was not for me. I listen to it off. Hence my decision to upgrade to the E12 which until yesterday I thought to have a sub bass boost. I want more sub bass from my HD600.

post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTINDTH View Post
 


I also thought the graph on their website did not match the specifications listing of greater than > 5db @ 100Hz. I would like to know what the frequency graph of the current production line of E12 bass boost is. I will read up in the thread. Thank you for the link.

 

Any comments from people with newer E12s? When did the change happen? Can anyone comment on the 'new' bass boost?

 

Also, how can you tell which version of the E12 you have?

 

To the OP I can comment that I found the E11 to be fantastic for the money. However, the bass boost was not for me. I listen to it off. Hence my decision to upgrade to the E12 which until yesterday I thought to have a sub bass boost. I want more sub bass from my HD600.


Only "beta" E12 has sub-bass boost, all "production" E12 have the new higher bass boost.

post #15 of 18
Thread Starter 
How about you guys suggest something thats not $200 and $300. $100 is even pushing it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Portable amp that can add more bass to a can than the Fiio e11?