I'm looking for a pare of dac and amps for under 300 dollars and I hope that these will work well enough for these headphones. Will they?
Related Forum Threads
- Best "Starter" Headphones? - HiFiMan HE-400 / AKG K712 / Sennheiser HD650 / ... Last post on 4/13/14 at 11:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for headphones for metalcore/hip hop in the 400-500$ range Last post on 3/6/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mid range difference between HE-400 and HD 600 Last post on 2/18/14 at 6:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? Last post on 3/16/14 at 4:56am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [Request] Suggestions for desktop DAC / Amp (HD600, IEMs, desktop speakers) Last post on 1/4/14 at 11:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
best headphone amp for the sennheiser hd600 or hifiman he400?post #1 of 811/30/13 at 8:31amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 811/30/13 at 1:20pmQuote:
You must be new around here. Lately everyone has been going crazy over the Vali. You can get one and a Modi for ~$250 after tax/shipping.
Edited by jrzamora6 - 11/30/13 at 1:22pmpost #3 of 812/1/13 at 3:06ampost #4 of 812/1/13 at 4:43am
It depends on a lot of factors....
Will you be running multiple sources to the same dac/amp?
Are you going to have speakers running out as well as headphones?
Do you have any space limitations?
What is your source? Computer audio, CD player, vynyl?post #5 of 812/1/13 at 5:16amThread StarterQuote:
I will only be using the dac and amp for my headphones
I already have an amplifier for my speakers.
I don't see how space limitations could be a problem, unless the amp and dac is fricken huge.
My source is my computer, 320 kbps mp3 files.post #6 of 812/1/13 at 10:26am
I have both the HD600 and HE400 running off a new Vali and I really love this new amp. It matches up well with both but it makes my HE400 really shine. My normal amp is an Asgard 1 and I like the Vali better. You won't be disappointed using it with either one. I am using an uber Bifrost as DAC so I can't speak for the Modi.post #7 of 812/1/13 at 10:33amThread Starter
- best headphone amp for the sennheiser hd600 or hifiman he400?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 8 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 14 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 39 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Request for buying a hearphone 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 3 minutes ago
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob