So these are both the headphones in my price range. I plan on buying an amp and dac, the schiit magni and modi, because those are affordable too. I am used to using sennheiser hd588 headphones with the foam mod, and I just want to upgrade. I listen to a lot of varying types of music from ambient, slowcore, post rock, to post punk and folk, to emo, screamo, death metal, black metal and death metal. Not sure if that really matter what I listen to in this case with such ridiculously nice headphones. If I don't get any replies I think I'm just gonna go for the sennheiser hd600. Thanks
Related Forum Threads
- Introduction and Desktop Amp Recommendation Last post on 1/21/15 at 6:29am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- the return for new headphones Last post on 12/5/14 at 1:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HE 400 or Sennheiser 600? Last post on 11/21/14 at 1:34am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop amp for HE400's Last post on 10/15/14 at 1:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on 9/20/14 at 10:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Package & Build: FiiO X3 comes in a nice box with adapter and micro USB cable, as well as a nice soft silicone sleeve to protect the player. It is built very nicely, has some retro touch to it...
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Hifiman HE 400 vs Sennheiser HD 600
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Do a search in google, there are a lot of threads asking this exact question already. And also do a search within the HE-400 thread and the HD600 threads, tons of people already asked and compared these two there.
I will add though, in case you don't already know, the HE-400's are $100 off this weekend. There are some nice discounts for the HD600 too, but not as significant a cut. Good time to buy
Can't speak for the HD600 cos i dont own them. However, the HE-400 is easy to drive; it runs well off my Fiio E10 (I even left it at low gain and had more volume than i needed.), bass was tight and well extended. Didnt notice any significant differences when i tried it with some more powerful amplifiers at a local shop.
Considering the kind of music you'll be listening to, I heartily recommend the HE-400s.
A magni/modi will drive it just fine. But as another headfier has informed me, you'll want a headphone amp that can output a lot of power. The HE-400s are really best suited to solid state amps; the HD-600s can do both solidstate, tube amps,and hybrids.
- Hifiman HE 400 vs Sennheiser HD 600
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Opamp thread 40 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Yuin PK3 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 1/4/2015:... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 6 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3