Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction - Page 30

post #436 of 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoever View Post

Where can i get the filters? (Stupid question?)

head-direct

post #437 of 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkan View Post
 

 

Are you on stock tips on your IM70 or have you already changed to some comfy tips like Sony hybrids or UE tips? I can agree with you that it can sound bloated on classical or some accoustic music unless you change the tips. One other thing to mention; if you really want to get the best of your IM50/70s, you should change the filters to RE0/400 filters as the stock filters are really bad IMO. Just my two cents.

 

P.s This deserves more than ipod clasic and Fiio E6 and IM50/70s really benefit from amping.


I'm using medium tips from FXT90s. I tried the complys (not bad), Sony Hybrids, and a different brand of tips I found in France but the JVC medium gave me the best comfort and sound.

 

The E6 improves the sound quite a bit already and I'm pretty sure these headphones are designed to be used straight from an ipod or in a similar fashion so I maintain my opinion. Maybe hooked up to a super great amp they wouldn't be bloated but I don't have one and I listen on the go a lot so I wouldn't get one (also too expensive).

post #438 of 805
Thanks!
post #439 of 805

Amping? Now looky heres! my wallet already has me held hostage at machete point. I believe a porti-amp is out ofs the question.  (I'll gladly take some recommendations for the future though :evil: :tongue_smile: )

post #440 of 805
I find them sounding a bit weird (maybe bad seal) with other tips.
For now i find the stock large is the one that does the job best. I will however get the spiral dot tips in time and see what that will change smily_headphones1.gif.
I actually am really happy with the sound even with all the stock components so im in no rush biggrin.gif
post #441 of 805

So had a weird comfort experience with these. Originally I'd jam them in real hard and the angle of the iem nozzle would have issues with my ears. With my other iems, generally jamming in and using large tips (big ears) creates a good seal. After I while I found that regardless of the rotation of the IEMs, they'd be pretty uncomfortable after extended listening. In the last few days I have tried not jamming in. Happy to report seal is still good. So anyone with similar comfort issues..non jamming works!

post #442 of 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdoorway View Post
 

So had a weird comfort experience with these. Originally I'd jam them in real hard and the angle of the iem nozzle would have issues with my ears. With my other iems, generally jamming in and using large tips (big ears) creates a good seal. After I while I found that regardless of the rotation of the IEMs, they'd be pretty uncomfortable after extended listening. In the last few days I have tried not jamming in. Happy to report seal is still good. So anyone with similar comfort issues..non jamming works!

Probably you can try out this tip mod recommended by a fellow head-fier:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/698932/audio-technica-im50-im70-appreciation-and-discussion-thread/195#post_10519586

 

For me it works better, fits better, and isolates better. Definitely worth a shot! :D

post #443 of 805

Good tip. Thanks.

Good "tip"...hehe...

 

EDIT: Ok. Apologies for killing the thread with this pun.


Edited by darkdoorway - 6/17/14 at 9:05am
post #444 of 805
Hey guys ive read through this whole thing and im ready to comment now! So im going to buy new iems and ive been eyeing the im70 i listen to strictly rock, alternative and indie but i was wondering if these exceled in these genres if not which iems do? Thanks guys hope you can help me!
post #445 of 805
Im70 are good for all the genres you mentioned above you can't go wrong with them
post #446 of 805

Ok all I just bought the IM70 because a friend in England recommended them to me. This friend has many earphones such as: UM Merlin, Shure 846, Tralucent Ref 1 and the JVC 850. I have the: JH13, JH16, Future Sonics MG6, Custom Art Silicon 8 driver (H8P), Shure 846 and ASG-2. I will say the IM70 sounds wonderful right out of the box. At the high end store I demoed them and I enjoyed them and right out of the box they sound as good. I love bass and I want the bass to hit low while not out shining the meds and Treble. Well the IM70 has the bass I want and it feels like a woofer just like my MG6 Pro custom. The bass is as good as the Shure 846 but it sounds more real meaning like a floor standing kind of bass but the 846 does have good bass. The meds are very good not too forwards nor way bask. Meds as good as many custom earphones. treble is clear but not way to bright. All this for such an affordable price! I can but 10 of these for what I paid for my last Custom earphone. My friend from England loves the IM70 he has spent all week listening to them and he is a professional violinist and he too loves the bass coming out of the IM70. Totally worth buying and I bought the IM70 even thought I dont need any more earphones!

post #447 of 805

One thing I had to buy comply tips due to my ears being too big and what came with the earphones were very small. Now I reached perfect fit.

post #448 of 805

can anybody make the comparison between im70 and sony nc33...

 

consider to get one, but fear it not my cup of tea.....:confused_face_2:

 

my favorite song normally is female artist song like celine dion

post #449 of 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitbit View Post
 

can anybody make the comparison between im70 and sony nc33...

 

consider to get one, but fear it not my cup of tea.....:confused_face_2:

 

my favorite song normally is female artist song like celine dion

The IM70 will do that but is it the best for you who likes Celine? I like the IM70 as much as I like my $1300 custom earphone.

post #450 of 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertzsogood View Post

Ok all I just bought the IM70 because a friend in England recommended them to me. This friend has many earphones such as: UM Merlin, Shure 846, Tralucent Ref 1 and the JVC 850. I have the: JH13, JH16, Future Sonics MG6, Custom Art Silicon 8 driver (H8P), Shure 846 and ASG-2. I will say the IM70 sounds wonderful right out of the box. At the high end store I demoed them and I enjoyed them and right out of the box they sound as good. I love bass and I want the bass to hit low while not out shining the meds and Treble. Well the IM70 has the bass I want and it feels like a woofer just like my MG6 Pro custom. The bass is as good as the Shure 846 but it sounds more real meaning like a floor standing kind of bass but the 846 does have good bass. The meds are very good not too forwards nor way bask. Meds as good as many custom earphones. treble is clear but not way to bright. All this for such an affordable price! I can but 10 of these for what I paid for my last Custom earphone. My friend from England loves the IM70 he has spent all week listening to them and he is a professional violinist and he too loves the bass coming out of the IM70. Totally worth buying and I bought the IM70 even thought I dont need any more earphones!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertzsogood View Post

The IM70 will do that but is it the best for you who likes Celine? I like the IM70 as much as I like my $1300 custom earphone.

Wow! High praise indeed! biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction