Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction - Page 22

post #316 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by buihia View Post


I am also looking a replacement for my atrios from these new phones. But the atrios still reigns in the lower extensions

are you sure? have you tried xb90ex?

post #317 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by buihia View Post


I am also looking a replacement for my atrios from these new phones. But the atrios still reigns in the lower extensions

 

You tried the IM70? I actually thought they were a great upgrade from my atrios, because while the sub bass wasn't quite as good, the mids were so much better. The sound stage is also a huge improvement and it doesn't have the awful microphonics. I'm only getting rid of them because the housing rests against cartilage on one ear and makes it sore after a couple hours.

post #318 of 510

To get the best sound of IM70s, you should push the tips to the end of the nozzle. It is best when the nozzle is inline with the tips head.

post #319 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkan View Post
 

To get the best sound of IM70s, you should push the tips to the end of the nozzle. It is best when the nozzle is inline with the tips head.

 

Is it comfortable that way? 

post #320 of 510

Yepp, comfortable.

 

Sorry for the bad quality. Pics with sony hybrids.

 

 


Edited by ozkan - 2/7/14 at 10:35am
post #321 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niyologist View Post
 

 

Is it comfortable that way? 


If hybrids are comfortable for you in general, then it should be comfortable that way for you. The only thing is you might want to insert them more shallowly than usual so the fit with the same tips will be be slightly different to get the optimal sound on these IEMs than another.

 

Mine have had probably around 15 hours of burn in now with pink noise sweeps and they're sounding f***ing great! They honestly sounded really sh***y to me at first, totally muddy and congested and no highs, but they're becoming really open and spacious now and the highs are really starting to sparkle. Mids are forward and very smooth. Male vocals sound great.

post #322 of 510

Sorry, the picture with Sony hybrids on IM70s has already posted by another member. This is exactly what I'm talking about.

 

post #323 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by delmonte View Post
 


If hybrids are comfortable for you in general, then it should be comfortable that way for you. The only thing is you might want to insert them more shallowly than usual so the fit with the same tips will be be slightly different to get the optimal sound on these IEMs than another.

 

Mine have had probably around 15 hours of burn in now with pink noise sweeps and they're sounding f***ing great! They honestly sounded really sh***y to me at first, totally muddy and congested and no highs, but they're becoming really open and spacious now and the highs are really starting to sparkle. Mids are forward and very smooth. Male vocals sound great.

 

Wow! Sounds great. I guess I'll go for this, but I'm still thinking about the DN-1000. I would like o see someone compare the IM70 to the DN-1000 before I make my choice. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkan View Post
 

Yepp, comfortable.

 

Sorry for the bad quality. Pics with sony hybrids.

 

 

 

Thanks. This may be my replacement for the FXT90. 

post #324 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niyologist View Post
 

 

Wow! Sounds great. I guess I'll go for this, but I'm still thinking about the DN-1000. I would like o see someone compare the IM70 to the DN-1000 before I make my choice. 

 

Thanks. This may be my replacement for the FXT90. 


Just from what I've read I think the DN-1000 are a step up from these. I never heard them so I obviously don't know. They also cost twice as much.

post #325 of 510

Anyone out there who owns the ATH-IM70 who could compare them to the Hifiman RE-262's or Re-400s?

post #326 of 510
ATH-IM70 highly recommended for its price! Awesome performance to price ratio!
post #327 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaddictionx View Post

ATH-IM70 highly recommended for its price! Awesome performance to price ratio!


+1.

post #328 of 510

crap, i'm tempted.....

 

 

 

nooooooooo

post #329 of 510

Has anyone tried using the Philips SHE3590's or JVC fx40's tips on the IM50?

post #330 of 510
And anyone tried with an ak100?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction