Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction - Page 19

post #271 of 510

Accessory Jack has the IM70 for $88.99. I added that on my wishlist, along with the Fiio X5. :)

post #272 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niyologist View Post
 

Accessory Jack has the IM70 for $88.99. I added that on my wishlist, along with the Fiio X5. :)


Dammit! Right after I got it from CDJapan... oh well.

post #273 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amitl View Post
 

what i'm waiting for is a serious Yamaha EPH-100 vs. AT ATH-IM70 article...... :)


I was too but couldn't wait any longer. I read a lot of durability issues with the Yamahas so I figured that was good enough reason to just go with these.

post #274 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by delmonte View Post
 


I was too but couldn't wait any longer. I read a lot of durability issues with the Yamahas so I figured that was good enough reason to just go with these.

the Yamaha's are built like a tank, so I don't know where you heard anything about durability issues. I'd be more worried about the IM70, that a LF or HF driver will go out on them, like they did on the M200. Still...at the price at accessory jack, it's hard for me to look away. 

post #275 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post
 

the Yamaha's are built like a tank, so I don't know where you heard anything about durability issues. I'd be more worried about the IM70, that a LF or HF driver will go out on them, like they did on the M200. Still...at the price at accessory jack, it's hard for me to look away. 


I recall reading on EPH thread some people worried about the cable being flimsy? But I didn't read anything happening to it. But I do think I read several times that one side stopped working, while many others said theirs was still working fine after a year and 1/2 or 2, so I guess I wouldn't say I saw a real trend.... but I haven't read anything like that about these, though they've been out for less time so I guess their durability over a longer period is still up in the air.

post #276 of 510

You should be alright. I look forward to hearing your impressions. I'm really leaning towards getting a pair myself. 

post #277 of 510
Alright, I'm in...
post #278 of 510

Got mine today from CDJapan.

 

Really like the look and feel in person. The cable is pretty good, very soft, memory wire works well, and only a little microphonics in the upper cable. The sound stage is a nice improvement over my Atrio MG7, and I was very impressed with the bass quality. It really holds up against the Atrio's sub bass quality wise. There's a slight mid bass boost, pretty neutral mids, smooth relaxed treble.

 

This is with zero burn in and the stock tips. I'm getting a good seal and fit with them, so I haven't tried any other tips yet.

 

At around $100, these are a real gem imo. Very happy with the purchase.

post #279 of 510

They're fine phones for the price. They do get better with burn in. Bass gets tighter, separation and clarity improves.

post #280 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGroove View Post
 

Got mine today from CDJapan.

 

Really like the look and feel in person. The cable is pretty good, very soft, memory wire works well, and only a little microphonics in the upper cable. The sound stage is a nice improvement over my Atrio MG7, and I was very impressed with the bass quality. It really holds up against the Atrio's sub bass quality wise. There's a slight mid bass boost, pretty neutral mids, smooth relaxed treble.

 

This is with zero burn in and the stock tips. I'm getting a good seal and fit with them, so I haven't tried any other tips yet.

 

At around $100, these are a real gem imo. Very happy with the purchase.

I strongly recommend you to change the tips to soft, thin and wide opening ones. With thin and soft tips, the clarity improves and the bass gets clearer. I didn't like the stock tips on my IM50s as they veil the mids and bass too much so I preferred the Sony Mh650c tips on my IM50s.;) 


Edited by ozkan - 1/24/14 at 2:59am
post #281 of 510

Accessory Jack is sold out. Dang. :P

post #282 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkan View Post
 

I strongly recommend you to change the tips to soft, thin and wide opening ones. With thin and soft tips, the clarity improves and the bass gets clearer. I didn't like the stock tips on my IM50s as they veil the mids and bass too much so I preferred the Sony Mh650c tips on my IM50s.;) 


+1. The stock tips that came with my IM70's aren't very good. I've been using some old V-Moda wide bore tips and they've been working great. Auvio tips work well too.  

post #283 of 510

Any recommendations for tips that can be bought in-store or online? I don't have other IEMs to try switching tips with.

post #284 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by delmonte View Post
 

Any recommendations for tips that can be bought in-store or online? I don't have other IEMs to try switching tips with.

Sony silicone tips are also very good. You can buy online from Amazon or you can buy a new Sony Mh650c for its tips.

 

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-EPEX10A-BLK-Replacement-Earbuds/dp/B001RB24UA/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1390596705&sr=8-16&keywords=sony+silicone+tips

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Sony-MH650C-Headset-Handsfree-Earphone-Microphone-Answer-for-Xperia-/370876450453?pt=Bluetooth_Wireless_Products&hash=item5659f58695

post #285 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by delmonte View Post
 

Any recommendations for tips that can be bought in-store or online? I don't have other IEMs to try switching tips with.


Most of the wide bore tips would work well with the IM70's.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction