Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction - Page 13

post #181 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Was comparing these two the other day, The MA750 is great, and has a nice full sound, but I think the IM70 has better transparency and a bass that's not "blurry bloated" as in the MA750 (just a tad). I agree that the IM70s are more forward. Probably better cable and and shell construction with the RHA, but the sound is better to me with the AT. Either one is a good earphone to have in that price range. Oh, the RHA  has the more warmer sound. 

Thanks. Looks like the IM70 just edges it then. I'm guessing both are better (especially bass quantity and quality) than the CKN70?
Edited by Gee Simpson - 1/12/14 at 5:01pm
post #182 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Simpson View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Was comparing these two the other day, The MA750 is great, and has a nice full sound, but I think the IM70 has better transparency and a bass that's not "blurry bloated" as in the MA750 (just a tad). I agree that the IM70s are more forward. Probably better cable and and shell construction with the RHA, but the sound is better to me with the AT. Either one is a good earphone to have in that price range. Oh, the RHA  has the more warmer sound. 

Thanks. Looks like the IM70 just edges it then. Are both easy to drive?

IM70 is extremely easy to drive. It sounds great out of my Nexus 5 which seems to have lower line output than most DAPs/Phones.
post #183 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Simpson View Post


Thanks. Looks like the IM70 just edges it then. I'm guessing both are better (especially bass quantity and quality) than the CKN70?


IMO, the IM70 are better than the CKN70's.

post #184 of 510

i'm seriously thinking of adding the IM70 to my collection. I've put it off since reacquiring my M200, but since I just sold my M200, this might be a very complimentary piece to my incoming B3?

post #185 of 510

Why not. Add to your growing collection of IEM's.

post #186 of 510

Well my collection has been shrinking, while at the same time growing. I just sold my KEF's, and selling my VSonics, Sennheisers, and Samsungs. Adding the DUNU, B3, and NuForce 770X. lol

post #187 of 510

Seems like you're adding more overall quality to your collection, which is a good thing.


Edited by kahaluu - 1/12/14 at 9:06pm
post #188 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahaluu View Post
 

Seems like you're adding more overall quality to your collection, which is a good thing.

I wouldn't say that, he still didn't add the h-3s, doppios, or the im-02s to his inventory. :atsmile: (jk)

 

Also, I have a question about the im70's depth of the soundstage. Is it at least somewhat 3dish in its presentation? I might get the im70s as the bass and mids have been favoured upon some headfiers, and was curious to know.


Edited by vlenbo - 1/12/14 at 10:00pm
post #189 of 510

IMO, soundstage is rather deep and it's 3D in presentation. Mids are forward and is nice for vocals. Worth trying out. I think you would like them.  

post #190 of 510
just received im-02, im-70 and im-50. right out of the box, im70 sounds the best. bass is really big, crispy, everything is very detailed... im-50 is very similar to im-70 but without clarity. i am sure this means nothing because all of the phones need to set for at least a days worth of listening...
post #191 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachkebia View Post

just received im-02, im-70 and im-50. right out of the box, im70 sounds the best. bass is really big, crispy, everything is very detailed... im-50 is very similar to im-70 but without clarity. i am sure this means nothing because all of the phones need to set for at least a days worth of listening...

Can't wait for impressions. 

 

Congrats on receiving the im-02, im-70, and im-50. Enjoy those great iems! :beerchug: 

 

where does the im-02 fit in this?


Edited by vlenbo - 1/12/14 at 11:25pm
post #192 of 510
im-02 are sounding incredible after couple of hours. incredible. exactly was i was looking for, detailed, airy, textured, yet engaging and bassy enough for dance music.
post #193 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachkebia View Post

just received im-02, im-70 and im-50. right out of the box, im70 sounds the best. bass is really big, crispy, everything is very detailed... im-50 is very similar to im-70 but without clarity. i am sure this means nothing because all of the phones need to set for at least a days worth of listening...


congrats on the three of them. where did you get them from? would you say tha now the im02 is better compared to im70?

 

 

p.s. judging by your forum name which is basically a Georgian surname, should I suppose you are the only other Georgian head-fi member here? :D

post #194 of 510
Thanks

im70 does sound a bit more lively, over all it feels less analytical than im02. cant really compare two, two different sounding phones but cant really say that im02 is class higher than im70, not because im02 does not sound great, it is because im70 is sounding brilliant. i would say they will be complimenting each other very well indeed..

I might as well be the only Georgian in here smily_headphones1.gif

edit: forgot to mentioned that i got it at cdjapan

edit: and because of analytical nature of im02 (just like my beloved ck10) production/recording and mastering is very important. one record can sound magnifique and next one like a it was recorded in a bathroom with iphone(coule be true actually)
Edited by Nachkebia - 1/13/14 at 12:59am
post #195 of 510

yeah. can't compare since one is a dual dynamic (IM70) and one is a dual BA (IM02). Two completely different technologies. The BA is naturally going to be less bassy, with less bass weight, regardless of how well they are tuned. The dynamic will have less detail retrieval and have less clarity in the treble. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction