β22 "beta22" 2-channel Headphone Amplifier - Newly Built
Will Ship To: CONUS
Offered is my second & last new 2-channel stereo β22 headphone amplifier built by me. It uses a σ22 ("sigma 22") power supply, comes complete as shown, works perfectly, is fully tested and adjusted to recommended specifications. It is biased to the top of the recommended range / deepest class A (160ma).
Thick, heavy, solid aluminum high-quality enclosures with good ventilation. Each case is approx. 8 3/8" W x 3" H (w/feet) x 10 1/2" D (w/jacks) - allow 12" min depth w/plugs connected. They're height stacked is approx. 5 3/4" and combined weight is about 13 lbs. Can be used sided by side as well.
This represents a robust single ended/passive ground β22 build in a most compact size. Features:
* Two AMB β22 channel amplifier boards using standard BoM components mounted to over-sized external heat-sinks. Unlike most β22s, this implementation barely gets warm in operation & most heat is external to case. This serves to extend expected electrical component life.
* Custom front-panel integration board with Apls "Black Beauty" RK40 volume pot, Zobel network, 1/4" jack and AMB ε12 ("epsilon 12") turn-on delay muting and DC offset protection. An important feature to guard against headphone damage due to malfunction or misbehaved input source.
* PS to Amp umbilical cord has secure threaded collar DIN plugs & connectors. Gold RCA jacks for INPUT & LOOP OUT. High-quality solid aluminum volume knob. Gain is 5X which is the "best" general gain setting.
* Uses 1Ω R34 & R35 resistors as recommended for safe TRS jack usage.
* Amp's front panel LED lights at output (ε12 relay) latch. Newer AnTek transformer has an enhanced wrap & "static shield" connection to ground.
* Full 30-day Warranty from date of purchase for original purchaser covering defects in material or workmanship (purchaser responsible for ALL shipping & insurance costs). Repairs available after warranty period on a time/material cost basis.
Available for local audition & pickup. CONUS only & price is firm with me covering Paypal fees and buyer all shipping & insurance costs. Will ship well-packaged within 3 business days of cleared payment.
I'm an experienced/established builder with a dozen or so DIY amp builds, four of which have been β22s. See my feedback, examples:
Feedback for the sister amp to this one: "I bought the β22 "beta22" amp which was built by Chris himself, very happy and satisfied with transaction, a pleasure to deal with him. His skill is undoubtedly top notch, the packing was carefully done. Great deal, love his nicely built amp!"
"Chris sets a new, high standard for online sellers! He's the most meticulous, reliable seller you can imagine. His packaging and description of the unit were superb. A true gentleman and pleasure from start to finish. Great transaction. Love the B22!!!"
"I am the proud new owner of cfcubed's GORGEOUS beta22, and feeling like I just got the steal of a century. It's a unbelievable piece. Needless to say, the transaction was easy, and he's the chillest dude ever. One of my new favorite head-fiers!"
"Another great buying experience with cfcubed. The amp is built like a tank and sounds great. He patiently explained lots of things to help me understand the amp. Just to clarify, he built this amp for himself and not meant to sell, but I robbed him of it."