Hello all, I am purchasing the senn 558 headphones. I was lookin for help on what sound card to power these with? I am looking to spend max $70 on the sound card.
- productSennheiser HD 558tagged by System, 11/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones for movies? Last post on 2/19/15 at 3:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shootout - Entry to Mid-range Full Size Cans - Feat. ATH-M50, HD 558, and HE-400 Last post on 2/23/15 at 7:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 558 VS 598? Last post on 2/15/15 at 12:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD 558 VS 598 Last post on 2/11/15 at 1:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- In the market for a pair of headphones, but no place to demo any. So how do I go about this? Last post on 2/11/15 at 12:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
Sennheiser 558 question??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Once in a while, the Sound Blaster Z goes on sale for $65.
Or get the Asus Xonar DG ($27) or DGX ($37) sound card.
Some places currently have a $10 mail in rebate on the DG/DGX.
Remember to disable the motherboard's on-board audio, in the BIOS.
Try using the third pary drivers "Unified Xonar Drivers", instead of the Asus drivers.
Just search for "Unified Xonar Drivers", on the web.
With the DG, you can use the mid gain (32-64) or high gain (>64) setting, with the 50-Ohm HD558, use which ever works better for you.
From my understanding they took the Asus drivers and removed stuff that was not needed and added in updates that Asus has not gotten around to doing yet.
- Sennheiser 558 question??
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 8 seconds ago
- › Mjolnir Audio electrostatic amps 21 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 55 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › AC vs. DC umbilical power cord 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 2 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › Sennhiser Amperior vs HD25 vs AKGk545 2 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Official X3 firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit,... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2