Hello all, I am purchasing the senn 558 headphones. I was lookin for help on what sound card to power these with? I am looking to spend max $70 on the sound card.
- productSennheiser HD-558tagged by System, 11/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser 558 vs. NC headphones like PXC450 or Bose QC15? Last post on 4/8/14 at 4:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD558, HD598, RS170, RS180 - Which one is better ? Last post on 4/7/14 at 12:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Impressions on the new Beats Solo HD 2.0 (Drenched in Color) Last post on 4/1/14 at 6:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD 558s - capable of being balanced? Last post on 3/25/14 at 6:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD668B VS HD 558 and HD558 Burn in. Last post on 3/31/14 at 5:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
Sennheiser 558 question??post #1 of 1511/27/13 at 9:42amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1511/27/13 at 11:50ampost #3 of 1511/27/13 at 12:21pmThread Starterpost #4 of 1511/27/13 at 1:34pmQuote:
Once in a while, the Sound Blaster Z goes on sale for $65.
Or get the Asus Xonar DG ($27) or DGX ($37) sound card.
Some places currently have a $10 mail in rebate on the DG/DGX.post #5 of 1511/27/13 at 1:52pmThread Starterpost #6 of 1511/27/13 at 2:00pmQuote:
Remember to disable the motherboard's on-board audio, in the BIOS.post #7 of 1511/29/13 at 2:36ampost #8 of 1511/30/13 at 4:57amThread Starterpost #9 of 1511/30/13 at 8:12amQuote:
Try using the third pary drivers "Unified Xonar Drivers", instead of the Asus drivers.
Just search for "Unified Xonar Drivers", on the web.
With the DG, you can use the mid gain (32-64) or high gain (>64) setting, with the 50-Ohm HD558, use which ever works better for you.post #10 of 1511/30/13 at 8:36amThread Starterpost #11 of 1511/30/13 at 8:47ampost #12 of 1511/30/13 at 12:04pmThread Starterpost #13 of 1511/30/13 at 12:12pmThread Starterpost #14 of 1511/30/13 at 12:17pmQuote:
From my understanding they took the Asus drivers and removed stuff that was not needed and added in updates that Asus has not gotten around to doing yet.
- Sennheiser 558 question??
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › FS: (PRICE DROP) Schiit Lyr w/ stock tubes and 1960's Tesla ECC88... 4 seconds ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 41 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 58 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Pioneer new DJ In-Ear Headphones DJE-2000 and DJE-1500 2 minutes ago
- › Why is Amazon (and other vendors) screwing Canadian headphone buyers? 3 minutes ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 10 minutes ago
- › [NEW] Nocs NS500 IEM 10 minutes ago
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob