Hello all, I am purchasing the senn 558 headphones. I was lookin for help on what sound card to power these with? I am looking to spend max $70 on the sound card.
- productSennheiser HD-558tagged by System, 11/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Comparison between ATH M50 and Sennheiser HD558 please Last post on 9/16/14 at 5:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones under $200 Last post on 9/11/14 at 6:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- frequency response graphs (or curves) - compensating with graphic equalizer settings Last post on 8/16/14 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for alternative rock/ male vocals around $100 Last post on 8/11/14 at 1:22pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Philips Fidelio L2 - review and comparison with (a lot of) other headphones Last post on 7/25/14 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
Sennheiser 558 question??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Once in a while, the Sound Blaster Z goes on sale for $65.
Or get the Asus Xonar DG ($27) or DGX ($37) sound card.
Some places currently have a $10 mail in rebate on the DG/DGX.
Remember to disable the motherboard's on-board audio, in the BIOS.
Try using the third pary drivers "Unified Xonar Drivers", instead of the Asus drivers.
Just search for "Unified Xonar Drivers", on the web.
With the DG, you can use the mid gain (32-64) or high gain (>64) setting, with the 50-Ohm HD558, use which ever works better for you.
From my understanding they took the Asus drivers and removed stuff that was not needed and added in updates that Asus has not gotten around to doing yet.
- Sennheiser 558 question??
- › Replacement cable for V-MODA M100 1 minute ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 1 minute ago
- › New Fostex RP open-backed planar magnetic headphone, TH500RP!... 1 minute ago
- › Trying to find the perfect over-ear headphones to invest in 1 minute ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 3 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Lambda Thread 4 minutes ago
- › London Head-Fi Meet Up - Summer 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 6 minutes ago
- › I don't quite understand this whole "balanced output/input"deal,... 8 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)