or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Audiophile Ethernet cables - The World Has Gone MAD!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audiophile Ethernet cables - The World Has Gone MAD!

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 

I am not even going to begin to express my dispair at these!

 

http://www.chord.co.uk/product/chord-sarum-ethernet-tuned-aray/

post #2 of 15

LoL Love the chart. Thanks for posting.

post #3 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by moriez View Post

LoL Love the chart.

Yeah. I mean, what's to stop a competitor from doing this:



biggrin.gif

se
post #4 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisman View Post
 

I am not even going to begin to express my dispair at these!

 

http://www.chord.co.uk/product/chord-sarum-ethernet-tuned-aray/

 

But the ARAY goes to eleven...

post #5 of 15
Quote:
The Sarum Tuned ARAY Ethernet cable is the result of experimentation. We’ve already been able to demonstrate just how effective Tuned ARAY cables are when used in USB configuration and the same is true of Tuned ARAY Ethernet cables.

Well, clearly if they can make a demonstrably better USB cable they'd also be able to do an Ethernet cable too.... it must be all those poor square waves that get their poor rising and falling edges rounded off, ect., etc., etc...
post #6 of 15

Is this some kind of Thanksgiving Fools' Day joke?

post #7 of 15

I really prefer BNC to Ethernet in my setup.  I tried to, how shall I say this, get the Ethernet in my audio system (i2S) to sound even better and success was, how shall I say this, limited.  

post #8 of 15

They look cool though......pure for optics I would like them :atsmile:

I don't know if they exist already, audiophile network switches. Who's in? It's a Goldmine

post #9 of 15

Yep, audiophiles deserve everything they get. Silver/Gold/Unobtainium mix Cables, $50 connectors (really??) so why not this?

 

We fed this monster, now it will feed on us.

post #10 of 15

They say their cable is the result of experimentation.  Maybe some audiophiles were the subject of their experiment :biggrin:

post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaaf View Post
 

They look cool though......pure for optics I would like them :atsmile:

I don't know if they exist already, audiophile network switches. Who's in? It's a Goldmine

 

We need audiophile-grade wireless routers. No more will your audio packets be subject to the deleterious effects of latency due to general web traffic and multiple open streams of cat videos...

post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by yage View Post
 

 

We need audiophile-grade wireless routers. No more will your audio packets be subject to the deleterious effects of latency due to general web traffic and multiple open streams of cat videos...

No, we need to make a direct connection to the source to eliminate any external distubance of the network.........:blink:.damn... I googled it, that already exists: a record player, it uses some strange black platter.:wink_face:

post #13 of 15
Just noticed they have a "score" for the shielding efficiency. I assume they realise the cable shield will be unterminated at both ends? (unless shielded internet sockets do indeed exist with a mass connection for a shielded internet cable, in which case my bad...) AFAIK internet cables rely on relatively tightly twisted pairs to balance the noise out, not on shielding.
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2leftears View Post

Just noticed they have a "score" for the shielding efficiency. I assume they realise the cable shield will be unterminated at both ends? (unless shielded internet sockets do indeed exist with a mass connection for a shielded internet cable, in which case my bad...) AFAIK internet cables rely on relatively tightly twisted pairs to balance the noise out, not on shielding.
The most impotant thing in ethernet cables is the twisting. But there are also ftp (foiled)or stp (shielded) ethernet cables. They are for proffesional/industrial purposes (so are their switches) and they use the metal rj45 connectors with shielding. So it's not all BS
post #15 of 15
Well Kaaf,

then I stand corrected.

Meanwhile, does anyone know of a source for audiophile cable-ties?biggrin.gif
(something tells me they probably exist...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Audiophile Ethernet cables - The World Has Gone MAD!