or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums and Sponsor Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums › FiiO › E18 supported models list (updated on Jan 20th, 2014)!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

E18 supported models list (updated on Jan 20th, 2014)! - Page 2

post #16 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcata View Post
 

will this work for nokia lumia devices (such as L920) ?


Or the L930 that's is much more recent? I'd really love to know.

post #17 of 74

Does this DAC work with ANY audio software in an Android smartphone or does it only works with Audio Recorder Pro?

 

It is only interesting for me if I could use it with Spotify.

post #18 of 74

It depends on the phone and ROM. For example, my LG G2 on stock 4.2.2 works with any music app. When I upgraded to 4.4.2, it only worked with UAPP. So I reverted to 4.2.2. My friend's HTC One works with any music app with 4.4.2. Same as the Moto G of my brother. My Nexus 7's only work with UAPP whatever stock ROM I use. 

post #19 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeap69 View Post
 

It depends on the phone and ROM. For example, my LG G2 on stock 4.2.2 works with any music app. When I upgraded to 4.4.2, it only worked with UAPP. So I reverted to 4.2.2. My friend's HTC One works with any music app with 4.4.2. Same as the Moto G of my brother. My Nexus 7's only work with UAPP whatever stock ROM I use. 

 

Thank you for your reply.

 

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 with 4.4.2. Any idea with Galaxy S4 and 4.4.2? If I buy the E18 it is only for Spotify. It is very important to me.

post #20 of 74

I remember someone reporting about Note 3 working with any music app. I would think S4 and S5 will also work but I have no personal experience with these (yet.)

post #21 of 74

If it works on Note 3, it will do in S5. The only doubt is when I replace S5. I use to do it every 6 months and rarely to Samsung. 

 

Thank you for your help.

post #22 of 74
My Note 3 works with every music app. Though all the rest are pointless when Neutron exists.
post #23 of 74

do you hear any difference in sound quality in Note 3 when plugged to E18 and when playing directly from note 3 ?

post #24 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by saj2001ind View Post

do you hear any difference in sound quality in Note 3 when plugged to E18 and when playing directly from note 3 ?

Oh yes! The GN3 sounds terrible in comparison. Not all Note 3's are created equal. Different chips in different markets and from different providers. The DAC is terrible in my version.
post #25 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorrofox View Post

Oh yes! The GN3 sounds terrible in comparison. Not all Note 3's are created equal. Different chips in different markets and from different providers. The DAC is terrible in my version.

Thanks for ur quick reply, Do you have xynos note 3 ? I have international version exynos with rooted KitKat touchwiz rom , can I use it as dac though usb otg
post #26 of 74
I think I have Exynos. You "should" be able to use OTG but don't quote me on that.
post #27 of 74

which headphone do u use...and does all player on Note 3 works on USB DAC mode like samsung music app, google play music etc ?

post #28 of 74
I use V-Moda M-100's. They sound excellent to my ears, particularly for portable use. Otherwise I use HD 650's with an ODAC XL/O2 combo. I think all players work via OTG USB on the Note 3. Neutron does and it's my favourite player. I personally think it's also the best player too. By miles.
post #29 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorrofox View Post

I use V-Moda M-100's. They sound excellent to my ears, particularly for portable use. Otherwise I use HD 650's with an ODAC XL/O2 combo. I think all players work via OTG USB on the Note 3. Neutron does and it's my favourite player. I personally think it's also the best player too. By miles.

I am wondering if I can hear any sound quality difference with in ear earphones like Hifiman RE 400 and shure se215

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
post #30 of 74
I've no experience of those but I would imagine you'll hear an improvement in the E18 compared to the phone alone.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FiiO
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums and Sponsor Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums › FiiO › E18 supported models list (updated on Jan 20th, 2014)!