or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) - Page 6

post #76 of 22766
Quote:
Originally Posted by KetchupNinja View Post

Logitech UE 9000's are on sale at the US site for 149.99 w/ free shipping right now.  Couldn't resist and bought a pair.  I also got the UE 900's from NCIX Canada the other day....really hope they're not going to be cheaper lol.

I got the UE 6000 off the deal thread for $85 shipped a couple of weeks ago. I like the a lot!

I know the UE 9000 has Bluetooth. Is it worth the extra money? I heard something like the 6000 and 9000 are pretty much equal in terms of sound quality. Is that true? If so, is that comparing both phones wired, or with the 9000 on Bluetooth?

If the Bluetooth connection of the 9000 can rival wired, then that's pretty awesome! Is it true?

Btw, the FiiO X3 for $139 is a great price! I understand they are releasing an X5 very shortly, but that it will be in the $400+ range. I don't regret getting mine at the full $199, but envy that $139 price.
Edited by K.T. - 11/28/13 at 1:12am
post #77 of 22766
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.T. View Post


I got the UE 6000 off the deal thread for $85 shipped. I like the a lot!

I know the UE 9000 has Bluetooth. Is it worth the extra money? I heard something like the 6000 and 9000 are pretty much equal in terms of sound quality. Is that true? If so, is that comparing both phones wired, or with the 9000 on Bluetooth?

If the Bluetooth connection of the 9000 can rival wired, then that's pretty awesome! Is it true?


Tyll over at InnerFidelity didn't notice too much of a difference between the two, I'm assuming both in wired mode though.  I'm really curious about the bluetooth quality, he retired the UE 9000's from his wall of fame due to the MDR-1RBT being cheaper and sounding roughly the same.  At $150, these sound really competitive.

post #78 of 22766
UE9000 has Apt-x, right?
post #79 of 22766
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmai View Post

UE9000 has Apt-x, right?


Yup.

post #80 of 22766
Ha, ha. I pulled up the NCIX US site to look at the $150 UE 9000 deal. Yup, $149.99.

Fast forward a few minutes - made some ramen and typed out a post on the forum. Went back to the NCIX tab and, whoa, the phones are on sale for $249.99 (Save $150 off our regular price...).

Did the deal end that quickly?

Btw, the UE 900s are still listed on the US Logitech site. For the regular $399 price.

http://ue.logitech.com/en-us/product/ue900

What does it mean? Maybe the UE 900 are being pulled from the UK market, but not discontinued? Or that Logitech really discontinuing the model but is waiting longer in the US before taking down the listing?

We'll see soon enough if the anticipated Black Friday deal comes true. But seeing them on the US site and reading about the deeply discounted UK sale price and how they are no longer on the UK Logitech site makes me think that maybe Logitech is making a marketing adjustment and pulling the UE 900 from the UK market for whatever reason. But possibly not discontinuing them otherwise.

All speculation, of course. Thing will become clear in time.
Edited by K.T. - 11/28/13 at 1:54am
post #81 of 22766
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.T. View Post

Ha, ha. I pulled up the NCIX US site to look at the $150 UE 9000 deal. Yup, $149.99.

Fast forward a few minutes - made some ramen and typed out a post on the forum. Went back to the NCIX tab and, whoa, the phones are on sale for $249.99 (Save $150 off our regular price...).

Did the deal end that quickly?
 


It's still $150 directly from Logitech.

 

http://ue.logitech.com/en-us/product/ue9000?ClickID=a05v5n09v0p5sss0w5nvn5opnlwv5rw5rsaa

post #82 of 22766
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.T. View Post

I know the UE 9000 has Bluetooth. Is it worth the extra money? I heard something like the 6000 and 9000 are pretty much equal in terms of sound quality. Is that true? If so, is that comparing both phones wired, or with the 9000 on Bluetooth?

If the Bluetooth connection of the 9000 can rival wired, then that's pretty awesome! Is it true?

 

the difference in bluetooth (active mode) vs wired (active mode) is not much, so that's great. the only issue is that you can't use bluetooth without the noise cancelling/bass boost. i personally like the UE6000/9000 in passive mode with bass boosting amp better than with the NC/bass boost, so i wish the bluetooth and NC was able to be toggled separately.

 

but yes, the UE6000 and UE9000 (when compared in the same modes) are not significantly different to me (apparently they are slightly different, but i haven't noticed).

 

i'm pretty happy with the UE9000 (and i paid $198.50AUD, or $181USD!!!). i already had the UE6000, which sounds pretty much the same, but i thought i may as well add a wireless option to my headphone collection! so for the same great sound quality of the ue6000 and the added ability to go wireless, with the controls and "listen through" on the headphone, it's fantastic!

 

would i recommend the UE9000 over the UE6000? well that depends. if you really want wireless, then yeah, go for it! but i prefer the folding mechanism (much more compact) and the use of replaceable AAA batteries on the UE6000. i also prefer the white option of the UE6000 (UE9000 only comes in black, which is a fingerprint magnet, and i personally don't think looks as good). value for money wise, if the UE6000 is still available for $35, it's a no brainer (unless you want wireless)!!!

 

if i could only keep one, i personally would choose the UE9000, because my M-100 does everything the UE6000 does but better (sounds better and is even more compact), whereas the bluetooth wireless of the UE9000 is something none of my other headphones does. but if i didn't have the M-100, i would choose the UE6000, because the compactness would be more important to me (plus, $35 is absolutely crazy!!! i paid $100!).

 

hope that helps.

 

tl:dr - if you want wireless, get UE9000. otherwise, and/or if you want compactness, save the money and get UE6000.


Edited by caprimulgus - 11/28/13 at 3:30am
post #83 of 22766

Anyone willing to grab TDK BA200 $25 and help ship the earphone to Malaysia?

post #84 of 22766

.

post #85 of 22766

DT-880 Premium was $283 last night, now it's sitting at $301.  Feels like Amazon is trying to cheat and make it seem like they're going to be giving a better deal with their Lightning deal. 

post #86 of 22766
Quote:
Originally Posted by caprimulgus View Post

the difference in bluetooth (active mode) vs wired (active mode) is not much, so that's great. the only issue is that you can't use bluetooth without the noise cancelling/bass boost. i personally like the UE6000/9000 in passive mode with bass boosting amp better than with the NC/bass boost, so i wish the bluetooth and NC was able to be toggled separately.

but yes, the UE6000 and UE9000 (when compared in the same modes) are not significantly different to me (apparently they are slightly different, but i haven't noticed).

i'm pretty happy with the UE9000 (and i paid $198.50AUD, or $181USD!!!). i already had the UE6000, which sounds pretty much the same, but i thought i may as well add a wireless option to my headphone collection! so for the same great sound quality of the ue6000 and the added ability to go wireless, with the controls and "listen through" on the headphone, it's fantastic!

would i recommend the UE9000 over the UE6000? well that depends. if you really want wireless, then yeah, go for it! but i prefer the folding mechanism (much more compact) and the use of replaceable AAA batteries on the UE6000. i also prefer the white option of the UE6000 (UE9000 only comes in black, which is a fingerprint magnet, and i personally don't think looks as good). value for money wise, if the UE6000 is still available for $35, it's a no brainer (unless you want wireless)!!!

if i could only keep one, i personally would choose the UE9000, because my M-100 does everything the UE6000 does but better (sounds better and is even more compact), whereas the bluetooth wireless of the UE9000 is something none of my other headphones does. but if i didn't have the M-100, i would choose the UE6000, because the compactness would be more important to me (plus, $35 is absolutely crazy!!! i paid $100!).

hope that helps.

tl:dr - if you want wireless, get UE9000. otherwise, and/or if you want compactness, save the money and get UE6000.

Awesome. Great synopsis of the differences. Thanks!

If I hadn't already purchased the UE 6000, I might have sprung for the Bluetooth. Good to hear they're still on sale directly from Logitech.

Slightly off topic, is it just me, or do the UE 6000/9000 look more like hearing protectors (the kind you use when shooting a gun) than any other headphones out there? I think they're pretty slick looking phones, but they do have a resemblance to those hearing protectors, LOL.
post #87 of 22766
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.T. View Post

Ha, ha. I pulled up the NCIX US site to look at the $150 UE 9000 deal. Yup, $149.99.



Fast forward a few minutes - made some ramen and typed out a post on the forum. Went back to the NCIX tab and, whoa, the phones are on sale for $249.99 (Save $150 off our regular price...).



Did the deal end that quickly?



Btw, the UE 900s are still listed on the US Logitech site. For the regular $399 price.



http://ue.logitech.com/en-us/product/ue900



What does it mean? Maybe the UE 900 are being pulled from the UK market, but not discontinued? Or that Logitech really discontinuing the model but is waiting longer in the US before taking down the listing?



We'll see soon enough if the anticipated Black Friday deal comes true. But seeing them on the US site and reading about the deeply discounted UK sale price and how they are no longer on the UK Logitech site makes me think that maybe Logitech is making a marketing adjustment and pulling the UE 900 from the UK market for whatever reason. But possibly not discontinuing them otherwise.



All speculation, of course. Thing will become clear in time.

 



Amazon has 1 UE 900 left for $429. It starting to look like the TF 10 route. I am not sure what is going on.
post #88 of 22766
A deal was just posted in the deals thread for HiFi Man HE-400 for $299 from a 3rd part vendor via Amazon. It's said a few other sites will be selling them for this price on Black Friday. I went ahead and sprung for a pair (I'm spending way too much money).

Not too long ago there was a big hubbub about how the ver.3 HE-400 drivers introduced an ununwanted resonance or brightness, steering people to seek out the ver.2 phones.

Does anyone know if this issue is still something to be worried about? I believe HiFi Man addressed it, but I'm curious if current buyers of the HE-400 still have to check that they're not getting the ver.3 drivers.

With several vendors rumored to be selling at the $299 price, I wonder if this will become the regular retail price sometime soon.
Edited by K.T. - 11/28/13 at 8:05am
post #89 of 22766
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.T. View Post

A deal was just posted in the deals thread for HiFi Man HE-400 for $299 from a 3rd part vendor via Amazon. It's said a few other sites will be selling them for this price on Black Friday. I went ahead and sprung for a pair (I'm spending way too much money).

Not too long ago there was a big hubbub about how the ver.3 HE-400 drivers introduced an ununwanted resonance or brightness, steering people to seek out the ver.2 phones.

Does anyone know if this issue is still something to be worried about? I believe HiFi Man addressed it, but I'm curious if current buyers of the HE-400 still have to check that they're not getting the ver.3 drivers.

With several vendors rumored to be selling at the $299 price, I wonder if this will become the regular retail price sometime soon.

No I doubt it. I've been in discussion with one of them, Audio Advisor, about the HE300 and they said the $100 dollar off deal end Dec 2nd. I have to gather that Head-direct has let vendors mirror their black friday prices. 

post #90 of 22766
The fiio x3 for 140 is a stupid good deal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)