Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) - Page 390

post #5836 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiSam View Post


Ya guys are killin' me....LOL.  So this is a setup that's just for the iMac in my wife's computer room that happens to be just off the kitchen where I spend a fair amount of time.  Mostly, I'll jam with the cans on since she doesn't do well with the louder stuff and perhaps some of my music choices. 

I was thinking of perhaps getting the Audioengine D3 or the Dragonfly for the Mac or my Mac Air, but was thinking the the Swan M50W's would be Pee-lenty of sound for that small room (think small computer room that shares the pantry (dry food stuffs) and then continues on to our small laundry room w/ spare refrigerator.  Call it a room that's 8ft by 8ft or something like that.  It's not my primary audio system.

Am I missing something here?  I'm not hardcore like a lot of you guys I'm learning from.

Sam

Take a look at HERE. Great advice that worked out for me.

E: ZeosPantera also has one where if you already have a 2.0/2.1 and want to go 5.1/7.1 LINK
Edited by MrEleventy - 6/27/14 at 9:04am
post #5837 of 7143
Well Klipsch Pro media aren't bad honestly, they're damn near unbeatable at $100. If you want a very cheap set of good looking speakers that sound pretty good for the money, I'd look into Arion Eagle Tech.

They have a couple other models http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001LDMH4C?pc_redir=1403767934&robot_redir=1

But they were going for $37 on Amazon the other day and I almost purchased another for ****s and giggles. They sound far better than any other $50 speaker system.


I'm pretty sure the company is called AlienVibes now, so I'm looking forward to checking out their new models.
Edited by Hapster - 6/27/14 at 8:56am
post #5838 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonfuzed View Post

Am I the only one who actually thinks the green one looks the nicest out of the three ? biggrin.gif

 

Actually, if I were going to buy any of them, it would be the green ones.  I like to stand out in a crowd.

post #5839 of 7143
1+
post #5840 of 7143
Am I missing something here? I'm not hardcore like a lot of you guys I'm learning from.

Sam

Learning here...big mistake(for the wallet, that is)
post #5841 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder Mike View Post
 

 

There's nothing wrong with what you're buying/trying to accomplish. Some people are just under the opinion that having a fully modular set instead of a all-in-one type deal is the superior option. It all comes down to if you think you're going to be happy with what you get or you're going to want to go upgrade crazy. 

 

This is good advice, Mike.  I've been down the upgrade crazy path before on my hot rod.  It has its place, but it can get a bit silly and you end up somewhere you never intended let alone needed.  Thank you.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleventy View Post


Take a look at HERE. Great advice that worked out for me.

E: ZeosPantera also has one where if you already have a 2.0/2.1 and want to go 5.1/7.1 LINK

 

That first link is a really good, succinct summary for a rookie.  Thank you for that.  I've seen the gent's reviews on Amazon if I'm not mistaken (Zeospantera).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapster View Post

Well Klipsch Pro media aren't bad honestly, they're damn near unbeatable at $100. If you want a very cheap set of good looking speakers that sound pretty good for the money, I'd look into Arion Eagle Tech.

They have a couple other models http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001LDMH4C?pc_redir=1403767934&robot_redir=1

But they were going for $37 on Amazon the other day and I almost purchased another for ****s and giggles. They sound far better than any other $50 speaker system.


I'm pretty sure the company is called AlienVibes now, so I'm looking forward to checking out their new models.

 

Thanks for the recommend.  I hadn't seen that brand before and the sub looks pretty cool with the retro flavor.

 

 

 

I'm really leaning towards that Swans at this point.  Had a great chat with a gent at Chane Music and Cinema.  Useful input and wasn't pushy in the least about their products.

 

Sam

post #5842 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiSam View Post

That first link is a really good, succinct summary for a rookie.  Thank you for that.  I've seen the gent's reviews on Amazon if I'm not mistaken (Zeospantera).

Sam
NP. beerchug.gif My wife has that man to thank for me blowing waaay past my "budget" for my Christmas gift. She said $500. I spent half of that on the sub alone (BIC F12) tongue.gif She loves how it sounds tho. biggrin.gif
post #5843 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiSam View Post

Ya guys are killin' me....LOL.  So this is a setup that's just for the iMac in my wife's computer room that happens to be just off the kitchen where I spend a fair amount of time.  Mostly, I'll jam with the cans on since she doesn't do well with the louder stuff and perhaps some of my music choices. 

Well, wjat and then the list MrEleventy linked to are the way to go if you want best sound quality for <$150. You won't be able to afford a sub with your budget, so you won't get the extra lower extension that the Klipsch subwoofer provides. But the overall sound quality is going to be better out of those passive speaker/t-amp setups. However, I would avoid the SMSL t-amps. I've seen too many reports of reliability issues.

Rather than tie up the deal discussion list with more of what is a recommendation of what to buy, check out this thread and ask questions there about passive speakers and t-amps if you are interested: http://www.head-fi.org/t/627161/my-very-low-budget-nearfield-desktop-rig-lepai-amp-and-dayton-audio-speakers
post #5844 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post


Well, wjat and then the list MrEleventy linked to are the way to go if you want best sound quality for <$150. You won't be able to afford a sub with your budget, so you won't get the extra lower extension that the Klipsch subwoofer provides. But the overall sound quality is going to be better out of those passive speaker/t-amp setups. However, I would avoid the SMSL t-amps. I've seen too many reports of reliability issues.

Rather than tie up the deal discussion list with more of what is a recommendation of what to buy, check out this thread and ask questions there about passive speakers and t-amps if you are interested: http://www.head-fi.org/t/627161/my-very-low-budget-nearfield-desktop-rig-lepai-amp-and-dayton-audio-speakers

 

Thanks, cel4145.  Swans are ordered...they'll be a good start.

 

I do appreciate everyone's input and I apologize if I've muddied up a great thread on value finds.  This thread is gonna cost me $$$

 

Hope all have a good weekend!

 

Sam

post #5845 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap616 View Post
 

I'm pretty sure this is a good deal, don't know if anyone has posted... They are $200 MSRP, and they are around $150 on Amazon after going back up in price. Get you a pair!

 

http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/Yamaha-HPH-200BL-Professional-Stereo-Headphones-sheet-music/19725303

 

Interesting...been tracking these on Amazon for the past few weeks; steep decline in price from $150 down to $67.

http://camelcamelcamel.com/Yamaha-HPH-200BL-Headphone/product/B00591GIQK

 

I had fixed $65 in my mind as my purchase point.  A bunch sold at once a couple days ago and the Amazon inventory got down to the last 2.  Then, the price shot back up to $150.

 

Since these are supposedly discontinued, I thought I missed an opportunity.  To my surprise, the Amazon inventory spiked back up to 14 but pricing is staying (for now) at $150.  

 

Expect they'll dive to the $60's again.  Not a bad deal at $80 though based on reviews.


Edited by GearMe - 6/27/14 at 12:00pm
post #5846 of 7143

Audiogurus has the Yamaha EPH-100SL for 89 dollars now with no tax (MA) and free shipping.

 

http://www.audiogurus.com/yamaha-eph-100sl-in-ear-headphones.html

 

You can also purchase it from them on Amazon

 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00591GIMY/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

 

They are an authorized dealer according to Yamaha's website

 

http://usa.yamaha.com/dealers/#

 

(Click on the Yamaha Authorized Internet Dealers on the right)

post #5847 of 7143

HUGE momentum markdown. 

post #5848 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzziekiwi View Post
 

HUGE momentum markdown. 

 

That's only for the on ear model. The over ear model is $255. A few dollars more and you can get them brand new (instead of refurbished)on Amazon.

 

Sorry, I didn't see the promo code


Edited by RoMee - 6/27/14 at 2:17pm
post #5849 of 7143
Are these the on ear version or over the ear? Still doesnt beat the 89.99 price from weeks ago :/

Edit: nevermind saw the post above me...price is eeh..save 30 dollars
post #5850 of 7143

This is the OVER ear model. If you apply the coupon code, the price will drop in your shopping cart.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)