Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) - Page 377

post #5641 of 13779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoshyant View Post
 

I personally just didn't like either the 428 or 439.  The 428 was boring, and for the 439 supposedly having decent bass, I was disappointed.  The 5xx and up show a huge improvement in quality in the ones I've heard so far.

Good to know.    I was looking at the 439 or so just so I have a pair of headphones that can get louder than my 558s off a sansa clip without an amp.   I did end up ordering a fiio e11 for my 558s but, the 558s are open and really need an amp to get to volume levels I like to listen at.  My 419s are pretty much exclusively podcast headphones now. Maybe I should just stick with the iems i have and give up the idea of using cans outside the house. 

post #5642 of 13779
I use Velcro and an E6 to keep them together for volume boost.
post #5643 of 13779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoshyant View Post

I use Velcro and an E6 to keep them together for volume boost.
tried that the other day but cheaper out on Velcro and it sucked. I'm hoping clipping the clip to the e11 rubber band is more manageable. BTW any opinions on whether or not I should return/sell the e11 when it arrives seeing how I already have the e6? I'm not quite sure how good the battery is on the e6 anymore having sit in a drawer unused for over a year.
post #5644 of 13779

The E11, to me at least, is a substantially better amp when it comes to the quality of the sound compared to the E6.  The sole reason I use the E6 vs the E11 when it comes to the clip is given the size of the two, they match fairly well.  I'm sure someone can chime in as far as the effect on the battery, I don't have enough knowledge to give good advice on it.

post #5645 of 13779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoshyant View Post
 

The E11, to me at least, is a substantially better amp when it comes to the quality of the sound compared to the E6.  The sole reason I use the E6 vs the E11 when it comes to the clip is given the size of the two, they match fairly well.  I'm sure someone can chime in as far as the effect on the battery, I don't have enough knowledge to give good advice on it.

Cool I'll keep it then.   I just superglued a magnet to the back of my e6 so looking for something I can superglue to the back of the clip that's magnetic.  I thought another magnet would do it but, I was wrong.   Since I'm only using it at home for now size doesn't really matter.   

post #5646 of 13779
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamia88 View Post

Cool I'll keep it then.   I just superglued a magnet to the back of my e6 so looking for something I can superglue to the back of the clip that's magnetic.  I thought another magnet would do it but, I was wrong.   Since I'm only using it at home for now size doesn't really matter.   

Not that this is the place for this discussion, but you should pick up some low-profile Dual Lock. You can put silicone cases on the clip and amp, then cut out a square to fit in the Dual Lock and it'll stick together flush.
It comes with different types of adhesives. I try to avoid the acrylic adhesive.
Product #:SJ4570 - Clear, low profile with 5 mil low surface energy adhesive.
Is what I'd probably recommend.
You can pick up small quantities on eBay if you don't fancy a full roll. Even Wal-Mart and Target carry versions of it in small squares.
Anyway, it's perfect for the job.

Tyll Hertsens at InnerFidelity even has a video talking about it and showing how it works and how to setup a rig with it. A little Google search should help you find it.
Good luck.
post #5647 of 13779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakahah View Post


Not that this is the place for this discussion, but you should pick up some low-profile Dual Lock. You can put silicone cases on the clip and amp, then cut out a square to fit in the Dual Lock and it'll stick together flush.
It comes with different types of adhesives. I try to avoid the acrylic adhesive.
Product #:SJ4570 - Clear, low profile with 5 mil low surface energy adhesive.
Is what I'd probably recommend.
You can pick up small quantities on eBay if you don't fancy a full roll. Even Wal-Mart and Target carry versions of it in small squares.
Anyway, it's perfect for the job.

Tyll Hertsens at InnerFidelity even has a video talking about it and showing how it works and how to setup a rig with it. A little Google search should help you find it.
Good luck.

Cool sweet I think that's what they use to secure the automatic toll system device to the windshield of cars around here. I might be able to get just the amount i need. edit does this look like what you're talking about? http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Strips-Replacement-E-ZPass-IPass-Fastlane-Mounting-Strips-Original-TollTape-/141321201080?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item20e76665b8&vxp=mtr


Edited by mamamia88 - 6/19/14 at 10:00pm
post #5648 of 13779
EBay item 331235032255 is the exact model I had mentioned.
To answer your question, yes. It's the same stuff. @mamamia88
post #5649 of 13779

The CAL! from Amazon Prime for $63:

 

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ZJZ7OA

post #5650 of 13779
If you're ever about to order comply tips, back out just before you pay and in 15 mins they'll send you a 10% off coupon ^_^
post #5651 of 13779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapster View Post

If you're ever about to order comply tips, back out just before you pay and in 15 mins they'll send you a 10% off coupon ^_^


LoL :beerchug:

post #5652 of 13779
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Jag View Post
 

The CAL! from Amazon Prime for $63:

 

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ZJZ7OA

 

Hmm… those have pretty good reviews. Hadn't really heard of them before, but now I'm interested… Is that a good price? What do they normally go for?

post #5653 of 13779
Quote:
Originally Posted by thievesarmy View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Jag View Post
 

The CAL! from Amazon Prime for $63:

 

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ZJZ7OA

 

Hmm… those have pretty good reviews. Hadn't really heard of them before, but now I'm interested… Is that a good price? What do they normally go for?


They're back up to $68 now--still a decent deal.  Check camel camel camel for the price history.

post #5654 of 13779
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Jag View Post


They're back up to $68 now--still a decent deal.  Check camel camel camel for the price history.

True, excellent headphones for that price!
post #5655 of 13779
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Jag View Post

The CAL! from Amazon Prime for $63:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ZJZ7OA
Their Creative Aurvana 3 In-Ear is a fantastic deal at $85 as well. Someone compared and said they hold up to the SE425 very competitively. Wish I never traded mine tbh.

How long has the CAL been around?
Edited by Soundsgoodtome - 6/20/14 at 1:57am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)