Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) - Page 318

post #4756 of 6359

While I'd love to have a Momentum, I just got my HD700 in that cost $310 new and shipped.  I think I might have giggled involuntarily in there somewhere...  Oddly enough, seems to take less juice to get to a certain volume than the HE-400, a little surprised by that.  But only barely.  Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing how they sound with 100 hours on them.

post #4757 of 6359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoshyant View Post
 

While I'd love to have a Momentum, I just got my HD700 in that cost $310 new and shipped.  I think I might have giggled involuntarily in there somewhere...  Oddly enough, seems to take less juice to get to a certain volume than the HE-400, a little surprised by that.  But only barely.  Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing how they sound with 100 hours on them.

I still can't get over that price.. I wont lie - I'm kinda jealous. Lol.

post #4758 of 6359

I've quickly listened to two of my favorite Foo Fighters tracks, 2 EDM ones I like, and now switched over to classical...  I think these might actually work as all-arounders for me, quite beatifully at that.  I should stop posting how happy I am about getting these though, I hope to avoid coming off as an ass.

post #4759 of 6359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoshyant View Post

I've quickly listened to two of my favorite Foo Fighters tracks, 2 EDM ones I like, and now switched over to classical...  I think these might actually work as all-arounders for me, quite beatifully at that.  I should stop posting how happy I am about getting these though, I hope to avoid coming off as an ass.
We are all jealous, but also reveling in the success of the thread!
post #4760 of 6359

I will do my best to keep an eye out for any great deals and pass em on, gotta share the wealth when you can.

post #4761 of 6359

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007GN0MHK/

 

I know its Skullcandy, but the Black Aviator is actually a good headphone, especially for like new condition, fulfilled by Amazon, prime and all that for $40.90.  Doesn't hurt that its collapsible either.

post #4762 of 6359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoshyant View Post
 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007GN0MHK/

 

I know its Skullcandy, but the Black Aviator is actually a good headphone, especially for like new condition, fulfilled by Amazon, prime and all that for $40.90.  Doesn't hurt that its collapsible either.


Not to mention a lifetime warranty by Skullcandy. Good deal! There are actually reviews here about them giving good praise

post #4763 of 6359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundsgoodtome View Post
 


Not to mention a lifetime warranty by Skullcandy. Good deal! There are actually reviews here about them giving good praise

The Aviator is the ONLY Skullcandy headphone I would buy. They do sound very good.

post #4764 of 6359
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarti View Post
 

The Aviator is the ONLY Skullcandy headphone I would buy. They do sound very good.

I dunno. I saw a review by Tyll of Innerfidelity on the Skullcandy Skullcrushers that made me a little interested in those. I'm a bit of a basshead, so maybe it's just me, but I'm curious to hear how those sound myself. The Aviators are pretty good though.

post #4765 of 6359
Quote:
Originally Posted by cripple1 View Post
 

I dunno. I saw a review by Tyll of Innerfidelity on the Skullcandy Skullcrushers that made me a little interested in those. I'm a bit of a basshead, so maybe it's just me, but I'm curious to hear how those sound myself. The Aviators are pretty good though.

I've tried the skullcrushers very briefly. It has a built in amp (aaa battery) that takes the bass from heavy to ridiculous. If you're a bass-head they'll put a smile on your face.

post #4766 of 6359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundsgoodtome View Post
 

I've tried the skullcrushers very briefly. It has a built in amp (aaa battery) that takes the bass from heavy to ridiculous. If you're a bass-head they'll put a smile on your face.

Did you buy them yourself? Or did you demo em somewhere?

post #4767 of 6359
Quote:
Originally Posted by cripple1 View Post
 

Did you buy them yourself? Or did you demo em somewhere?


I've tried them at my local Target.  They were... not to my taste...

post #4768 of 6359
Quote:
Originally Posted by cripple1 View Post
 

Did you buy them yourself? Or did you demo em somewhere?

My friend bought them and I tried it for about 5 mins. This was many years ago, long before I was doing the whole head-fi thing.

post #4769 of 6359

I don't think they'd ever be something I buy, but I still wanna give the Skullcrusher a try, just so I can say I have.

post #4770 of 6359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoshyant View Post
 

I should stop posting how happy I am about getting these though, I hope to avoid coming off as an ass.


You've actually been quite gracious.  You beat me by seconds (I was close enough behind you to know the name of the merchant), and I haven't cursed you once since!  Plus, you were kind enough to post a link to a hd650 deal that many others would have jumped on to turn a quick profit.

 

The hd700s remain at the top of my list of affordable cans, but since this is a deal discussion thread, I feel compelled to mention that others shouldn't expect the deal on this headphone that Saoshyant got: the merchant (very well-known and respected) went out of business.  Congrats, again, Saoshyant, and please post your impressions in the hd700 thread.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)