Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) - Page 223

post #3331 of 7319

Neweggflash also has the Sony XBA 1 iems for $22.99

 

http://www.neweggflash.com/Product/9SIA0FU1AV8187


Edited by pat1984 - 3/7/14 at 6:32pm
post #3332 of 7319
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiefchris View Post
 

Aw I missed it too lol. Def. A pricing error but likely honored.

I doubt it. If they actually catch the error before shipping they'll likely just refund the purchase like most of the Beyerdynamic DT250 pricing error buyers a long time ago. The only people that got the product at the price were people that bought it immediately and had it shipped before amazon caught the error. 

post #3333 of 7319
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat1984 View Post
 

Neweggflash also has the Sony XBA 1 iems for $22.99

 

http://www.neweggflash.com/Product/9SIA0FU1AV8187


This is just about standard price on Amazon.

post #3334 of 7319
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenSHK View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiefchris View Post
 

Aw I missed it too lol. Def. A pricing error but likely honored.

I doubt it. If they actually catch the error before shipping they'll likely just refund the purchase like most of the Beyerdynamic DT250 pricing error buyers a long time ago. The only people that got the product at the price were people that bought it immediately and had it shipped before amazon caught the error. 

 

The story with the DT250 was different.  I am one of several people to whom the headphones where shipped at the low price ($27.80) after Amazon decided that it had made a pricing error. Amazon informed the buyer of the error and of the cancellation, a polite negotiation took place, and eventually Amazon honored the low price.  See the accounts in thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/681890/dt-250-for-27-80.


Edited by MarcoGV - 3/7/14 at 7:39pm
post #3335 of 7319
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenSHK View Post
 

I doubt it. If they actually catch the error before shipping they'll likely just refund the purchase like most of the Beyerdynamic DT250 pricing error buyers a long time ago. The only people that got the product at the price were people that bought it immediately and had it shipped before amazon caught the error. 

Well mine shipped few weeks later but I still got one.  Here's what I learned from amazon price error.  If you have multiple accounts, use both accounts.  If you only have one account(I doubt it), don't order multiple items at once.  Order one, then order another, and etc.  

post #3336 of 7319

I still wonder if the $889 HD800 was a pricing error or just getting rid of slow moving, excess inventory near end of year. Found out later that the headphone I got was about 3000 serial numbers behind the current production, so it's been sitting in their warehouse for a while. Great price obviously, but Amazon was probably still making a couple hundred dollar off each. Only Sennheiser was butthurt over the pricing since they're so strict on it, but it's not like they can abandon Amazon as a vendor.

post #3337 of 7319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonido View Post
 

I still wonder if the $889 HD800 was a pricing error or just getting rid of slow moving, excess inventory near end of year. Found out later that the headphone I got was about 3000 serial numbers behind the current production, so it's been sitting in their warehouse for a while. Great price obviously, but Amazon was probably still making a couple hundred dollar off each. Only Sennheiser was butthurt over the pricing since they're so strict on it, but it's not like they can abandon Amazon as a vendor.

At least I got T1 for 750.  ^__________________^

post #3338 of 7319
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat1984 View Post
 

Neweggflash also has the Sony XBA 1 iems for $22.99

 

http://www.neweggflash.com/Product/9SIA0FU1AV8187


Apple controls. Ew.

post #3339 of 7319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonido View Post

I still wonder if the $889 HD800 was a pricing error or just getting rid of slow moving, excess inventory near end of year. Found out later that the headphone I got was about 3000 serial numbers behind the current production, so it's been sitting in their warehouse for a while. Great price obviously, but Amazon was probably still making a couple hundred dollar off each. Only Sennheiser was butthurt over the pricing since they're so strict on it, but it's not like they can abandon Amazon as a vendor.

If I understand correctly it only lasted like 40 minutes so whatever it was, it was amazon burning money wastefully. Even if they needed to get rid of inventory they could have done so in a day by setting the price at like 1299.
post #3340 of 7319
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag8908 View Post

If I understand correctly it only lasted like 40 minutes so whatever it was, it was amazon burning money wastefully. Even if they needed to get rid of inventory they could have done so in a day by setting the price at like 1299.
Nah it was $1350 standard from all vendors during the holiday season. $50 wouldn't have made a difference. Plus even with Razor dog selling their remaining stock for $1200, it's going nothing like the Amazon sale. $1000 would have probably yielded similar results.
post #3341 of 7319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonido View Post


Nah it was $1350 standard from all vendors during the holiday season. $50 wouldn't have made a difference. Plus even with Razor dog selling their remaining stock for $1200, it's going nothing like the Amazon sale. $1000 would have probably yielded similar results.


I'm guessing tons of HD800 buyers don't know about the crazy razordog code, and he probably can't advertise it widely otherwise he'll get into trouble. If you look, even Crutchfield sells out constantly and they're selling refurb models for $1,100 (although to be fair they're just like a new HD800 for all practical purposes, setting aside that "I don't want to buy an icky used can' notion)

 

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-jm2ggLCwTk7/p_143HD800R/Sennheiser-HD-800-Factory-Refurbished.html out of stock again. although when buying mine I asked and they said they usually fill orders in a week or two.


Edited by ag8908 - 3/8/14 at 6:53am
post #3342 of 7319
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag8908 View Post


I'm guessing tons of HD800 buyers don't know about the crazy razordog code, and he probably can't advertise it widely otherwise he'll get into trouble. If you look, even Crutchfield sells out constantly and they're selling refurb models for $1,100 (although to be fair they're just like a new HD800 for all practical purposes, setting aside that "I don't want to buy an icky used can' notion)

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-jm2ggLCwTk7/p_143HD800R/Sennheiser-HD-800-Factory-Refurbished.html out of stock again. although when buying mine I asked and they said they usually fill orders in a week or two.

I bought an icky used can... And I'm still alive wink.gif
post #3343 of 7319
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscotchguy View Post


I bought an icky used can... And I'm still alive wink.gif


Yes, but the priest was at your bedside...

post #3344 of 7319
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmfish View Post


Yes, but the priest was at your bedside...

A priest! Why didn't I think of that! Oxyclean took the smell out, but not the sin... smily_headphones1.gif
post #3345 of 7319
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag8908 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonido View Post


Nah it was $1350 standard from all vendors during the holiday season. $50 wouldn't have made a difference. Plus even with Razor dog selling their remaining stock for $1200, it's going nothing like the Amazon sale. $1000 would have probably yielded similar results.


I'm guessing tons of HD800 buyers don't know about the crazy razordog code, and he probably can't advertise it widely otherwise he'll get into trouble. If you look, even Crutchfield sells out constantly and they're selling refurb models for $1,100 (although to be fair they're just like a new HD800 for all practical purposes, setting aside that "I don't want to buy an icky used can' notion)

 

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-jm2ggLCwTk7/p_143HD800R/Sennheiser-HD-800-Factory-Refurbished.html out of stock again. although when buying mine I asked and they said they usually fill orders in a week or two.


Yes--and awareness of Razordog and their reach into the potential market are both just a bit below that of Amazon.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)