Listening to the vFree, and while they are clearly not audiophile quality, i like them. Good stuff for portable use, especially for free. Definitely not worth the msrp, however. It feels REALLY cheap, the headband is apparently very fragile.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productPioneer SE-A1000 Lightweight Audiophile AV Over-Ear Headphonestagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productSennheiser HD-518tagged by joe, 3/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- First Audiophile Headphones less than $100 - any suggestions? (Specifically Grado SR60 vs. JVC... Last post on 2/11/14 at 6:17pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Grado SR 60i sound only comes out of one ear until I mess around with the jack for a while- can... Last post on 11/6/13 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- WTB: Grado SR-60 or SR-80 - Preferably, Not the "i" Series, but Let me Know What you... Last post on 11/8/13 at 11:02pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Grado SR60 HELP with cables Last post on 10/23/13 at 4:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- SOLD Grado SR60 drivers/elements/transducers for sale (one pair) Last post on 10/17/13 at 7:09am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) - Page 166post #2476 of 34361/23/14 at 3:53pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2477 of 34361/23/14 at 3:55pmpost #2478 of 34361/23/14 at 3:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by roguegeek
Logitech Ultimate Ears 4000 Binaural Headphones (Black/White) - $29.99
No purple? Damn...post #2479 of 34361/23/14 at 6:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by KG Jag
Authorized dealer (according to them) Sonic Sense has the T1 for $768 shipped, when you sign up with them for free as a member:
Also very good deals in that context on the DT 880 300 Ohms and Fostex closed cans.
Awesome tip.. Yes, I took the bait, but they are back ordered. Will ship ASAP.
Thank you!post #2480 of 34361/23/14 at 7:40pm
From Sonic Sense for (free to sign up) members--
Beyerdynamic T 70 p for $326:
Beyerdynamic T 90 for $461:
Beyerdynamic T 70 for $317:
Beyerdynamic T 5 p for $960:post #2481 of 34361/23/14 at 7:50pm
Able Planet True Fidelity NC300B Headphone - $29.99 Free Shipping after Coupon Code "VME10"post #2482 of 34361/23/14 at 8:54pmpost #2483 of 34361/23/14 at 9:06pmpost #2484 of 34361/23/14 at 9:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by AustinValentine
For those still waiting, my free vFree just arrived this morning. Yours are probably still slowly making their way to you.
Haven't listened to them yet, but I can't imagine paying anything close to MRSP for these just from build quality alone. Can't complain about free headphones, but I wouldn't spend much for these. Also, what a convoluted button system.
Did anyone got a confirmation email stating that the headphones were shipped? I never receive anything.post #2485 of 34361/23/14 at 9:46pmQuote:
No confirmation. Just showed up in a brown box.post #2486 of 34361/24/14 at 3:53amJust got mine yesterday, charged them, paired them (haven't had time for burn in yet), not bad sounding on a quick impression (without A-B, burn in, other obsessive Head-Fi standard activities). Cheap feeling as can be, but not bad looking, paired easily. Hey, free is a good price, may not even be terrible, at worst, should do the bluetooth/phone thing nicely.
Just Sayin'...post #2487 of 34361/24/14 at 5:13amOK, thought they worked nicely at home, tried to connect them to my phone in the car, couldn't get it to work (I generally have difficulty with these bluetooth gadgets, went to wired headphones eventually because I couldn't get bluetooth to work for me). The cutesy controls, which blend in nicely, are not clear to me as far as function, and the little slip of paper they call instructions are useless.post #2488 of 34361/24/14 at 5:40ampost #2489 of 34361/24/14 at 9:27am
- The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 39 seconds ago
- › Fiio E18 1 minute ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Alo Audio Tripple Pipe 2 minutes ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 3 minutes ago
- › FIIO E18 - Charge Out not Working 3 minutes ago
- › Choices, choices... 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-300 cable broken after 4 days (How could this be?!) 3 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 311 IEMs compared (HiSoundAudio BA100 added... 4 minutes ago
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude