or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) - Page 155

post #2311 of 21923
I thought so, just really anxious! My sennheiser hd428s aren't very portable (idk about sound quality comparison, fully bass modded mine), and I can't stand the sound of my Apple EarPods, so a Bluetooth on-ear would be awesome for school (gonna grab a decent case if they're good enough to warrant protecting).
post #2312 of 21923
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyp11 View Post

Anybody heard anything about when we can expect the Velodyne freedies?

I received my Velodyne vFree today : )

 

They were brown boxed (no packaging included).

The vFree were in a Velodyne branded drawstring pouch and then bubble wrapped.

There was also a small white Velodyne labeled box with a mini-usb cord and an audio cord.

Finally there was a folded flyer/advertisement for the Velodyne skins/stickers available for the headphone.

 

Quality leaves a lot to be desired : (

(I can't imagine anyone trying these on, and then paying anywhere close MSRP for them)

post #2313 of 21923
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20det510 View Post

I received my Velodyne vFree today : )

They were brown boxed (no packaging included).
The vFree were in a Velodyne branded drawstring pouch and then bubble wrapped.
There was also a small white Velodyne labeled box with a mini-usb cord and an audio cord.
Finally there was a folded flyer/advertisement for the Velodyne skins/stickers available for the headphone.

Quality leaves a lot to be desired : (
(I can't imagine anyone trying these on, and then paying anywhere close MSRP for them)

Compared to what? And other than the top name brands' top end stuff, nothing is ever msrp. Check camelcamelcamel, they've been anywhere from 300 to 120, currently 175. If it will even come close to something like a v-moda m80, then it's more than plenty for me, especially when it is free. And being Bluetooth is great, it just seems like exactly what I need
post #2314 of 21923

Got my pair, pretty nice for free.

post #2315 of 21923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netforce View Post
 

 

Got my pair, pretty nice for free.

 

What carrier did they use?

post #2316 of 21923

Ups ground, luckily for me they shipped so close to me.

post #2317 of 21923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netforce View Post
 

Ups ground, luckily for me they shipped so close to me.

Thanks. 

post #2318 of 21923

glad to see them rolling in! hope to get mine soon too then! Any impressions on sound? I know its a deals thread so many just a quick one? :wink_face:

post #2319 of 21923
post #2320 of 21923

where'd they ship from?

post #2321 of 21923
I'm still waiting on my Vfree. How do they sound?
post #2322 of 21923

I too am waiting on my vFrees.   To be honest I did not expect them to ship so quickly (or at all for that matter-pretty big freebie).  Would love to give them to my son to use with his playstation 4.   Anyone know if they will work well for that purpose and if they have a microphone?

post #2323 of 21923
Sennheiser CX 985 (2012 model) $99 with coupon code: "AUDIOPOWER" http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=SRCX985
post #2324 of 21923
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcharlie View Post
 

I too am waiting on my vFrees.   To be honest I did not expect them to ship so quickly (or at all for that matter-pretty big freebie).  Would love to give them to my son to use with his playstation 4.   Anyone know if they will work well for that purpose and if they have a microphone?

 

It does indeed have a microphone. It's bluetooth v2.1 so it's a bit older of a standard that they're using. Dunno if that'll cause issues with a console or other newer devices.

post #2325 of 21923
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelCloris View Post

It does indeed have a microphone. It's bluetooth v2.1 so it's a bit older of a standard that they're using. Dunno if that'll cause issues with a console or other newer devices.
It should work but only for chat. As far as I know only the Sony headsets designed for PS3/4 will get games sounds too. I picked up one from kmart online for $75 last week but they're not that price anymore or I would post it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)