Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) - Page 143

post #2131 of 7198
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post

$0.01 WTF???!!! Ordered from this website before, they are legit and they even refunded me once when I didn't get my order. 

 

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/hot-sale-Multifunction-5-in-1-HiFi-Wireless-Headphone-Earphone-Headset-Wireless-Monitor-FM-Radio-MP3/1599933109.html

 

Ordered 10 but for some reason there is a limit of 3 on each order. 


Argh, no PayPal option. Don't feel right giving credit card info.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
post #2132 of 7198

Yeah, that might be the deal breaker for some people. 

 

Your credit card info goes to Aliexpress and not the seller though, which is more reassuring. 

post #2133 of 7198

As much as I'd like to order a few pairs of those, having to use a credit card instead of Paypal is a big 'no no'. 

 

To good to be true and only credit card option just isn't worth the potential hassles down the road. 

post #2134 of 7198
Seller also has no feedback and is in china, i have a feeling it will be the worst sound you have ever heard
post #2135 of 7198
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyp11 View Post

Seller also has no feedback and is in china, i have a feeling it will be the worst sound you have ever heard


Maybe, but for1 cent there's not much risk.

 

All products sold through this web site are from China--where they make Audio-gd products.

 

The product seems to be the same as this, sold by another vendor for $13.09 on the site:

 

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Multifunction-5-in-1-HiFi-Wireless-Headphone-Earphone-Headset-Wireless-Monitor-FM-Radio-MP3-PC-TV/701137007.html

post #2136 of 7198
It is 1 cent...
post #2137 of 7198
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post

It is 1 cent...

It's 1 cent and your credit card info. I even feel uneasy that I gave them my email when I was trying to get to the payment screen. lol
post #2138 of 7198

Some sellers on the site are indeed dodgy, but they do not get your credit card info. Aliexpress does, takes the money and gives it to them. 

post #2139 of 7198
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post
 

Some sellers on the site are indeed dodgy, but they do not get your credit card info. Aliexpress does, takes the money and gives it to them. 


Exactly--and taking your email & credit card payment is exactly what almost all online sellers do as well.

post #2140 of 7198
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Jag View Post
 


Maybe, but for1 cent there's not much risk.

 

All products sold through this web site are from China--where they make Audio-gd products.

 

The product seems to be the same as this, sold by another vendor for $13.09 on the site:

 

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Multifunction-5-in-1-HiFi-Wireless-Headphone-Earphone-Headset-Wireless-Monitor-FM-Radio-MP3-PC-TV/701137007.html

 

 

Hello, guys! I'm a new user, I'm from Ukraine and registered here especially to write post about this item. I don't speak English wery well, it's not my mother-language but I'll try)))

This is usually fraud from Ali Express sellers. Sellers from china very much like to cheat with their items. It's not ebay so everyone can add shop, when the other one is closed. One seller can have 20-100 shops on different links.

They count on mass orders. Explain. For example he has 50 shops. On every shop he has 50 deals like this, with such "magnetic" price, or "awesome deal". For ex. he sells 1 unit of each his shop with one cent. 50 shops*100 items = 5 usd|day(but really it's more because most buyers from Russia and Ukraine, like I and they don't know about this cheating too and counting for awesome deals with free delivery worldwide and don't think that here maybe something wrong. 

Seller sets, for example estimated delivery date for 60 days, for this 60 days he has 150 usd/per month and this is very good money for China and it's very good money from nothing. He nothing sells, nothing spends and just receive money after estimate delivery date lasts, because than dispute term is ended and money automatically gets to sellers. Just a few people will insure that their order is placed, shipped and will watch to dispute terms, but most of them thinks just"aah.....it's only 1 cent, it's OK." - but from this OK such trepans live. And even 50 of this people will open dispute he will have one-three weeks additional to make his offers and it's additional money or he can give back your 0.01 cent and make his offers more. So if dispute will be won he will be able to pay you one cent but other orders will have status "finished" and he'll receive his money) And even if his shop will be closed by Ali Express, he'll have 49 shops more))) 

So, you won't receive anything, even track number because delivery from china costs 2.32 usd with track number, so forget about this deal and go to order place and "cancel it" with a reason - wrong order. Seller must accept to return money =)

Hope I helped to someone. Have a nice days, friends!

post #2141 of 7198

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0094S360U

 

EDIT: direct link to the deals page: http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox

 

for the next 3 and a half hours, black and white UE4000 $30 at Amazon through their lightning deal

 

a bluetooth headphone and several IEM (Beacon Audio Perseus (?) and House of Marley) starting at 8AM and 9:10AM Pacific


Edited by esteebin - 1/6/14 at 7:25am
post #2142 of 7198
post #2143 of 7198
post #2144 of 7198
Hi Destinyua,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinyua View Post


Hello, guys! I'm a new user, I'm from Ukraine and registered here especially to write post about this item. I don't speak English wery well, it's not my mother-language but I'll try)))
This is usually fraud from Ali Express sellers. Sellers from china very much like to cheat with their items. It's not ebay so everyone can add shop, when the other one is closed. One seller can have 20-100 shops on different links.
They count on mass orders. Explain. For example he has 50 shops. On every shop he has 50 deals like this, with such "magnetic" price, or "awesome deal". For ex. he sells 1 unit of each his shop with one cent. 50 shops*100 items = 5 usd|day(but really it's more because most buyers from Russia and Ukraine, like I and they don't know about this cheating too and counting for awesome deals with free delivery worldwide and don't think that here maybe something wrong. 
Seller sets, for example estimated delivery date for 60 days, for this 60 days he has 150 usd/per month and this is very good money for China and it's very good money from nothing. He nothing sells, nothing spends and just receive money after estimate delivery date lasts, because than dispute term is ended and money automatically gets to sellers. Just a few people will insure that their order is placed, shipped and will watch to dispute terms, but most of them thinks just"aah.....it's only 1 cent, it's OK." - but from this OK such trepans live. And even 50 of this people will open dispute he will have one-three weeks additional to make his offers and it's additional money or he can give back your 0.01 cent and make his offers more. So if dispute will be won he will be able to pay you one cent but other orders will have status "finished" and he'll receive his money) And even if his shop will be closed by Ali Express, he'll have 49 shops more))) 
So, you won't receive anything, even track number because delivery from china costs 2.32 usd with track number, so forget about this deal and go to order place and "cancel it" with a reason - wrong order. Seller must accept to return money =)
Hope I helped to someone. Have a nice days, friends!

Thanks for this great explanation of a devious scam. :-)

Mike

Edited by zilch0md - 1/6/14 at 7:02pm
post #2145 of 7198
We missed it, folks. Amazon was selling the Beyerdynamic T1 for $887.33 earlier today:

http://camelcamelcamel.com/Beyerdynamic-T1-Audiofile-Stereo-Headphone/product/B0031RD3YY

A 3rd Party seller was selling it for $869.95.



Mike
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)