So which AMP/DAC combo should I get to drive the Q701 out of my laptop. Don't care about portability but I am looking for a neutral sounding amp/dac combo and the cheaper the better. What would do you guys think would work best for me? I'm leaning towards the magni/modi combo but 200 dollars is a bit steep compared to the others. I'm open to any other setup recommendations.
Related Forum Threads
- Best $100 amp? Last post on 9/18/13 at 7:34pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio e10, e17, Schiit Magni/Modi, ODAC + 02, iBasso, AudioQuest Dragonfly…sound card and... Last post on 7/9/13 at 11:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp and/or DAC Help! Last post on 1/18/13 at 11:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- If you had 500$ budget which headphone/DAC,AMP would you get? Last post on 1/19/13 at 7:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DAC for laptop Last post on 1/13/13 at 8:45am in Computer Audio
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
Fiio E10, Fiio E17, or Schiit Magni/Modi for Q701
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yeah honestly I'm either going to get the Audio GD 15.32 or the Schiit stack. I heard the Audio GD 15.32 seems to have a low cost but high shipping costs. And I've only heard good things about Schiit. It's a tough decision. I also read that it might be a good idea to get a cheap DAC and then a Schiit amp. Thoughts on that idea or recommendations for a cheap DAC?
I use my Q701 with a Magni, i like it..
About Modi, I don't have an opinion..but i guess if you look in this thread, you can find something:
- Fiio E10, Fiio E17, or Schiit Magni/Modi for Q701
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 28 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 37 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 57 seconds ago
- › Cypherlabs AlgoRhythm Picollo Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate HD600 vs HD650 Poll [CLOSED: HD600 Wins!] 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 2 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 2 minutes ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 2 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 3 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)