So which AMP/DAC combo should I get to drive the Q701 out of my laptop. Don't care about portability but I am looking for a neutral sounding amp/dac combo and the cheaper the better. What would do you guys think would work best for me? I'm leaning towards the magni/modi combo but 200 dollars is a bit steep compared to the others. I'm open to any other setup recommendations.
Related Forum Threads
- Best $100 amp? Last post on 9/18/13 at 7:34pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio e10, e17, Schiit Magni/Modi, ODAC + 02, iBasso, AudioQuest Dragonfly…sound card and... Last post on 7/9/13 at 11:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp and/or DAC Help! Last post on 1/18/13 at 11:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- If you had 500$ budget which headphone/DAC,AMP would you get? Last post on 1/19/13 at 7:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DAC for laptop Last post on 1/13/13 at 8:45am in Computer Audio
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
i know you already read the threads full of people talking about how nice is this earphone. i know they're all talking about how cheap and bang for buck it is and which one is the original and...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Fiio E10, Fiio E17, or Schiit Magni/Modi for Q701
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yeah honestly I'm either going to get the Audio GD 15.32 or the Schiit stack. I heard the Audio GD 15.32 seems to have a low cost but high shipping costs. And I've only heard good things about Schiit. It's a tough decision. I also read that it might be a good idea to get a cheap DAC and then a Schiit amp. Thoughts on that idea or recommendations for a cheap DAC?
I use my Q701 with a Magni, i like it..
About Modi, I don't have an opinion..but i guess if you look in this thread, you can find something:
- Fiio E10, Fiio E17, or Schiit Magni/Modi for Q701
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 9 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 32 seconds ago
- › Good headphones for school. 50 seconds ago
- › 2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list... 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › I love my SR80's, but I want MOAR! (too many options, very wide... 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 upgrade cable with warranty for sale 2 minutes ago
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by vaziyetu
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)