So which AMP/DAC combo should I get to drive the Q701 out of my laptop. Don't care about portability but I am looking for a neutral sounding amp/dac combo and the cheaper the better. What would do you guys think would work best for me? I'm leaning towards the magni/modi combo but 200 dollars is a bit steep compared to the others. I'm open to any other setup recommendations.
Related Forum Threads
- Best $100 amp? Last post on 9/18/13 at 7:34pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio e10, e17, Schiit Magni/Modi, ODAC + 02, iBasso, AudioQuest Dragonfly…sound card and... Last post on 7/9/13 at 11:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp and/or DAC Help! Last post on 1/18/13 at 11:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- If you had 500$ budget which headphone/DAC,AMP would you get? Last post on 1/19/13 at 7:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need some advice (headphones + amp/dac) Last post on 3/22/13 at 4:42am in Headphones (full-size)
MDR-XD-150BK Easily said, the Black Version. #BIGBASS Before we get started. Descriptive Review!: Laid back, more like a "Cheap School" Headphone you'd see people use if you were to buy...
Those headphones are just cool. -> good sound -> easy spreading and slicing -> they look awesome, don't they? -> you can hear to music really loud -> not really expensive But,...
I decided to finally treat myself to a pair of quality headphones for a self-birthday present. After hours of online research, the AH D1100 seemed to offer the best bang-for-the-buck under...
The highs and the lows are, for lack a better descriptor "dry". There are people who "like" this sort of leanness, but it's never sounded "real" to me. It's the difference I hear in vintage...
Thanks to Luke (H20Fidelity) for letting me a part of the Australian leg of the COZOY DAC/Amp tour and for Igor (DJScope) for the personal delivery, no doubt due to him enjoying the unit so much...
Fiio E10, Fiio E17, or Schiit Magni/Modi for Q701
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yeah honestly I'm either going to get the Audio GD 15.32 or the Schiit stack. I heard the Audio GD 15.32 seems to have a low cost but high shipping costs. And I've only heard good things about Schiit. It's a tough decision. I also read that it might be a good idea to get a cheap DAC and then a Schiit amp. Thoughts on that idea or recommendations for a cheap DAC?
I use my Q701 with a Magni, i like it..
About Modi, I don't have an opinion..but i guess if you look in this thread, you can find something:
- Fiio E10, Fiio E17, or Schiit Magni/Modi for Q701
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Comparisons: 25 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 26 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Most underpriced headphones? 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › B&W p3 vs bose soundtrue (on ear) isolation and sound? 3 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 3 minutes ago
- › Out Of Your Head - new virtual surround simulator 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 4 minutes ago
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by ahnvx
- › Somic Head-band Music Audio Headphone Earphone Headset MH489 by PearlyBoy
- › Denon AH-D1100 by PhenomenalNinja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by Zennheiser
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2