So which AMP/DAC combo should I get to drive the Q701 out of my laptop. Don't care about portability but I am looking for a neutral sounding amp/dac combo and the cheaper the better. What would do you guys think would work best for me? I'm leaning towards the magni/modi combo but 200 dollars is a bit steep compared to the others. I'm open to any other setup recommendations.
Related Forum Threads
- Best $100 amp? Last post on 9/18/13 at 7:34pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio e10, e17, Schiit Magni/Modi, ODAC + 02, iBasso, AudioQuest Dragonfly…sound card and... Last post on 7/9/13 at 11:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp and/or DAC Help! Last post on 1/18/13 at 11:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- If you had 500$ budget which headphone/DAC,AMP would you get? Last post on 1/19/13 at 7:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need some advice (headphones + amp/dac) Last post on 3/22/13 at 4:42am in Headphones (full-size)
Build quality and comfort: Headband pad is a little too firm, may need break in. Initially putting them on, the headband is feeling is evidently there but with time it slowly disappears....
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
Fiio E10, Fiio E17, or Schiit Magni/Modi for Q701
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yeah honestly I'm either going to get the Audio GD 15.32 or the Schiit stack. I heard the Audio GD 15.32 seems to have a low cost but high shipping costs. And I've only heard good things about Schiit. It's a tough decision. I also read that it might be a good idea to get a cheap DAC and then a Schiit amp. Thoughts on that idea or recommendations for a cheap DAC?
I use my Q701 with a Magni, i like it..
About Modi, I don't have an opinion..but i guess if you look in this thread, you can find something:
- Fiio E10, Fiio E17, or Schiit Magni/Modi for Q701
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › Review: EarWerkz Legend Omega and Legend R - With Comparisons 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Review: RIVA Turbo X High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth... 5 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 6 minutes ago
- › Rank the most accurate headphones you've heard. 7 minutes ago
- › Ripping FLAC using EAC? 8 minutes ago
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2