Hey guy I've been looking around at headphones and haven't found much of what I am looking for, head phones that deliver bass (I'm a BASS PHILE) and also good mids and highs, other then the Audio-Technica ATH-WS55BK Solid Bass. If there is a better fit for me, for under $100, I would love to know. I'm going to be doing mostly PC gaming and general music listening with the headphones, so nothing professional.
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by nightmancometh, 12/1/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/1/14
- categoryHeadphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/1/14
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 12/1/14
Related Forum Threads
- Suggestions for bass heavy headphones. Last post on 9/10/12 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) Last post on Today at 7:06 pm in Video Games Discussion
- SURPRISED! Monster NCredible N-Pulse are kicking my... (General musings/Impressions/Reviews/etc.... Last post on 12/20/15 at 2:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Headphone blues Last post on 12/13/12 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Have you ever felt like the spark that used to be there just vanished? That the world, once bright and colorful became bland and dull over time? That you no longer feel the joy, the excitement and...
Work in progress. I need to practice my English a bit...
Heard these with Chord Hugo and boy oh boy was I unimpressed... These are not worth anywhere their price point where their sound is concerned. Decently comfortable though. (The sound signature...
I decided to write a short review after buying the second pair today. The first pair was damaged by a clumsy flight attendant and her heavy trolley... Although I was super happy with the E700M...
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
Bass and MORE (looking for headphones)post #1 of 1211/25/13 at 5:07pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1211/25/13 at 5:44pm
PC gaming and want Bass... Not sure how that gels.. What titles specifically?
Under 100, there isn't much. At that point any 50mm driver will deliver plenty of bass, even the HTF-600s. However, I highly recommend the AudioTechnica AD700. They are bass light but are easily the best gaming headphones if you want to hear the game without massive amounts of mud being slopped into your ears.
Seriously though, at 100 you can't get kicking bass and mid-high response.
Whatever the most expensive sennheiser you can afford will give you a great bass response, but will drop resolution anywhere else.
To be perfectly frank, if what you are looking for is something like the sound Beats gives you, then buy those.
I suppose the Custom One Pros are also a good bet, now that I spend more time thinking about it.
I'll repeat: The HTF-600 from panasonic are easily the best bet for what you are looking for. Regardless of price (sub 400 that is), however, for positional audio get the AD700, and if you must throw money away, get the Custom One Pro.
Edited by NinjaQuick - 11/25/13 at 6:00pmpost #3 of 1211/25/13 at 5:59pm
If you can bring your price point up a bit, I'd say DT770 Pro 80s are literally the perfect fit in your situation. I've gamed with them for the better part of three years, and they're incredible when paired with a good sound card (auzentech x-fi forte here). On top of that, they have shake your brain bass, and the mids aren't recessed at all. I remember when I first purchased them to play Battlefield Bad Company 2. I was in a building that was taking shells from tanks and artillery. The explosions were so immersive, like deep thunder. I'll never forget that experience. To this day, they are by far my favorite headphones for gaming, and my bass needs.post #4 of 1211/25/13 at 6:06pmQuote:
This is also a good set. Though the price jump, and required source upgrade (onboard sound probably can't properly drive these) made me not mention them.
At under 100, you can't have the bass cake and eat the mid-treble with anything other than the semi-closed HTF600 (and maybe other Panasonic 50mm based units).post #5 of 1211/25/13 at 6:17pmThread Starterpost #6 of 1211/25/13 at 6:21pmThread Starter
That's more then a bit and I might have to get a new sound card to run them well and that brings the price up even more, so no thanks.post #7 of 1211/25/13 at 6:23pmQuote:
If the WS55 didn't have enough bass for you I highly doubt the HTF600 is going to be any better. Look for a UE6000, they can be found for under $100
Edited by RoMee - 11/25/13 at 6:26pmpost #8 of 1211/25/13 at 6:28pmThread Starter
No I didn't say they don't have enough, I don't even have them I was just looking at them online. Right now I have a 75 watt 4 inch subwoofer and horrible smaller speakers that go with it. I would be using both the subwoofer and the headphones together, so I feel the bass of my desk shaking but I am also isolated from the sound of my computers fans.post #9 of 1211/25/13 at 6:29pm
I haven't tried the solid bass ATs, but I'd describe the HTF as being accurate(at least as accurate as their design allows), responsive and deliciously playful. They have umph, but no brain crushing bass. They are priced (very) low and I can see how that might not be encouraging.
- Very fun Bass.
- Accurate Mid-High.
- Very Comfortable.
- Semi-Open design keeps sound clean.
- Wider sound stage than most sub-100 cans.
- Fake leather pads can make you sweat.
- Semi open design leaks sound to outside (others can hear what you hear when playing loud).
- Relatively long break-in period (took mine 80 hours).
- Cable is a bit long.
However, at 30 bucks, they are basically worth buying just for giggles. I bought them because the reviews were surprisingly positive, and have since stopped using most of my headphones in favor of these because they are just, fun.post #10 of 1211/25/13 at 6:34pmThread Starter
I would be listening to mostly electronic music and to tell you the truth brain crushing bass sounds AWESOME but I don't want to sacrifice highs and mids so if that's what these deliver I will give them some thought.post #11 of 1211/27/13 at 12:02pm
- Bass and MORE (looking for headphones)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › kala jadu specialist baba ji +91 8440828240 bihar patna 20 seconds ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 35 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › black magic specialist baba ji +91 8440828240 ahmedabad gujarat 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK T8iE MkⅡ(Impressions and discussions thread) 4 minutes ago
- › love marriage specialist baba ji +91 8440828240 jharkhand ranchi 4 minutes ago
- › love problem solution guru ji +91 8440828240 kerala kochi 6 minutes ago
- › love problem solution baba ji +91 8440828240 jharkhand ranchi 7 minutes ago
- › Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread. 8 minutes ago
- › CES 2017: MQA announces TIDAL Masters, and more 8 minutes ago
- › Sparkos Labs SS3602 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear