New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

BA200 or Westone 3? - Page 2

Poll Results: Westone 3 or BA200?

 
  • 52% (12)
    Westone 3
  • 47% (11)
    TDK BA200
23 Total Votes  
post #16 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehsprayer View Post
 

I hope not, Amazon started at $179.99 and already dropped to $179.95 today.

 

4 cents cheaper :O

 

 

The IE 80s dropped to $200 on NCIX how would this be against the W3 for comparison sake. Since I already bought the W3 :)

I've had a chance to test both before and I think I'd personally favor the signature of the IE80s. Being a user of the IE6 for 3 years I'm sure had some affect on my judgement there. However found the W3 to win on comfort/isolation and aesthetic quality. The W3 is certainly still a good choice if you you're a basshead. I can't remember enough to tell you in details exactly how they compare in resolution, imaging, soundstage etc.

post #17 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehsprayer View Post
 

Westone 3 is now only $179 on amazon.com! Going to buy one.

Just pulled the trigger and bought them as well. 

 

These better be worth it... 

post #18 of 32
Thread Starter 

Should I be looking at getting the Fiio X3 as it can be found for only $139 or having the S3 with poweramp be the same? (Possibly adding viper4android audio enhancer once it gets working)??

post #19 of 32

I would suggest the X3.  It's a great DAP and a DAC should you be so inclined.  The $139 price is fantastic. I bought mine right after it was released for around $200.  This is now my go to DAP.

post #20 of 32
Duplicate account deleted.
Edited by Punishment Due - 11/30/13 at 8:40am
post #21 of 32

I jumped on the Westone 3 Amazon deal also. I was in a similar situation, considering the ba200 as an upgrade to shure se110, but I think the ba200 would be too dark for my taste, especially after having spent some time with the airiness of the ad900x. The TDK ie800 seems appealing, but with the extra bass the w3 is purported to provide, it was an easy decision.

 

I listen to mostly metal, rock, classical and then periodic but minimal amounts of everything else.

post #22 of 32

fgood to see alot of ppl jumping on the good deals..

post #23 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooses9 View Post
 

fgood to see alot of ppl jumping on the good deals..

Wish I was at home in the states to take advantage of those deals..

post #24 of 32

Look what arrived in the mail today!! :D

 

post #25 of 32

N!C3!

post #26 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by StopDropNTroll View Post
 

Look what arrived in the mail today!! :D

 

 

I will be seeing these on my table tomorrow - Are you impressed - Are they worth it to you now ?

 

Happy listening ~

post #27 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen View Post
 

 

I will be seeing these on my table tomorrow - Are you impressed - Are they worth it to you now ?

 

Happy listening ~

 

I'm listening to them as I type this :etysmile:

 

Wow just quite unbelievable...! I am pretty blown away right now. Will have to use them a bit more before I can say more on their sound sig, but for now all I can say is that I'm enjoying them.

 

I'm still getting used to how the cord goes down your back though, it feels a bit awkward imo. Otherwise, I'm pretty pleased right now  

post #28 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by StopDropNTroll View Post
 

 

I'm listening to them as I type this :etysmile:

 

Wow just quite unbelievable...! I am pretty blown away right now. Will have to use them a bit more before I can say more on their sound sig, but for now all I can say is that I'm enjoying them.

 

I'm still getting used to how the cord goes down your back though, it feels a bit awkward imo. Otherwise, I'm pretty pleased right now  

 

Glad that you are enjoying them! What tips are you using(curious)?

post #29 of 32

I was thinking of the Westone 3, but in the end couldn't pull the trigger as I had been one of the lucky few to find a pair of BA200 at Ross for $25 and couldn't justify also getting the $179 Westone 3. If you ever do wonder about the BA200, I can say they are pretty amazing, imo better than my RE-262. I say that in part because the BA200 just sound so amazing unamped. Maybe down the line we can swap the BA200 and Westone 3 when we get bored with them ;). 

post #30 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by alterndog View Post
 

I was thinking of the Westone 3, but in the end couldn't pull the trigger as I had been one of the lucky few to find a pair of BA200 at Ross for $25 and couldn't justify also getting the $179 Westone 3. If you ever do wonder about the BA200, I can say they are pretty amazing, imo better than my RE-262. I say that in part because the BA200 just sound so amazing unamped. Maybe down the line we can swap the BA200 and Westone 3 when we get bored with them ;). 

 

LOL. Maybe ;) 

 

Surprisingly, the W3's sound great unamped too. No amping needed. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StopDropNTroll View Post
 

 

I'm listening to them as I type this :etysmile:

 

Wow just quite unbelievable...! I am pretty blown away right now. Will have to use them a bit more before I can say more on their sound sig, but for now all I can say is that I'm enjoying them.

 

I'm still getting used to how the cord goes down your back though, it feels a bit awkward imo. Otherwise, I'm pretty pleased right now  

 

Actually never mind on the cord going down your back - they work just fine over the ear and coming down your chest too 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSlimSeto View Post
 

 

Glad that you are enjoying them! What tips are you using(curious)?

 

Haha I actually just decided to start playing with the tips. I first tried with the standard complys and found them to be slightly large for my liking. They also are kind of inconvenient as you have to press on them, insert them into your ear, then hold the earphones in place and wait until they expand to fill your ear. Thus, I'm trying the small silicon tips atm. I really like them - they're comfortable and they can be put on/taken off easily. 

 

One thing I'm noticing right away is just how much isolation these have. They isolate better than even my QC15's.  


Edited by Xeculus - 12/2/13 at 7:50pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: