Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › WOO AUDIO COMPARISON THREAD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WOO AUDIO COMPARISON THREAD - Page 13

post #181 of 193

to any woo owner looking for some nice hard-to-find tubes... getting rid of most of my collection.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/696308/huge-tube-sale-5ar4-5r4-5u4-274-rectifiers-6as7g-6080-power-tubes-and-6sn7-6f8g-drivers

post #182 of 193

Subscribed. Just bought the WA22. 

post #183 of 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveislove View Post
 

Subscribed. Just bought the WA22. 

 

Great! For which cans?

post #184 of 193

HD800 from Sennheiser. Generally a very good combo. But currently it sound a little noisy, especially on the right side. Maybe something's wrong with the power cord?

post #185 of 193

might be a tube

post #186 of 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveislove View Post
 

HD800 from Sennheiser. Generally a very good combo. But currently it sound a little noisy, especially on the right side. Maybe something's wrong with the power cord?

Also, make sure you don't have any devices that can emit EMI near the WA22.  Not sure if this is your first tube amp or not, but valve devices are very touchy in this area.

 

I was getting static and strange noises with mine until I realized I plug in my cell phone right next to the WA22 in my office.  moved it to the other side of the desk and all is well.

 

I have had two Woo amps and they are absolutely dead quiet, so as DG mentioned, you might have a tube issue or EMI.

 

Enjoy the amp.  This is indeed a fantastic companion to the HD800's...seriously warms them up!

post #187 of 193
I can tell one more , but you may know it already but worth saying anyway. They are extremely sensitive to vibration , do not hit ,drop ,touch ever while listening. Also they must warm up for at least ten minutes before you start listening as the tubes may PING and this hurts too. Great amp. The best synergy I ever heard with the HD 800. , and any other headphone as well . Aside from the HE6 of course .

Al d
post #188 of 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

I can tell one more , but you may know it already but worth saying anyway. They are extremely sensitive to vibration , do not hit ,drop ,touch ever while listening. Also they must warm up for at least ten minutes before you start listening as the tubes may PING and this hurts too. Great amp. The best synergy I ever heard with the HD 800. , and any other headphone as well . Aside from the HE6 of course .

Al d

 

I kind of like the HE6 with the WA22. It has lots of charm. Not the last word on speed for the HE6 maybe, but still - I was very surprised how good it sounded. I guess it is quite tube dependent - I used VT231, 5998, GZ34 :)

post #189 of 193
It is clear and I am glad you enjoy it, and I am happy for you. Great choice of amp. Woo amps are just Stella in looks and sound .
post #190 of 193
Hello all , I hope your holidays have gone well.

I am putting up for sale a woo audio WA7. All black both base and GLASS. I have both sets of tubes , the stock and upgrades. Used about 24 hours at most . So like new. I have original packing . Pics on request.

Please pm me with offers.

Thanks. Al. D
post #191 of 193

Just thought I'd bump this thread, as I was looking forward to these reviews...is there any word, Frank?

post #192 of 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmnasasin0227 View Post
 

Just thought I'd bump this thread, as I was looking forward to these reviews...is there any word, Frank?

+1

post #193 of 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveislove View Post
 

HD800 from Sennheiser. Generally a very good combo. But currently it sound a little noisy, especially on the right side. Maybe something's wrong with the power cord?

 

Check the input cables.  Switch from left to right to see if the noise moves to the left side.  Also try swapping the tubes from left to right as well.  Please email us at info@wooaudio.com or PM me if you need guidance.  

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › WOO AUDIO COMPARISON THREAD