or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations ›  Beyerdynamic COP USB amplifier
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beyerdynamic COP USB amplifier

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 

Hello . I would like to buy Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro . My motherboard ( ASUS P8H77 -I) has only Onboard
sound card, do not know if it's good enough for such a headset. I have no space for pci sound card, so if it's not good enough
I think about buying a usb sound card and plug it in my computer , if it is necessary to purchase a sound card because my onboard is
not good enough , what can you then recommend. I will use the headset for gaming, right now I have a Logitech G35 and I hope that the
Beyerdynamic is a lot better.


I was recommended this sound card ASUS xonar U7 of, is it good enough , can you maby find a better one for the same price
if you do it without surrond sound effect, I do not expect to use it since I am buying a stereo headset.

 

Is it worth buying the headset even though I only can afford to buy the external sound card in a few months,

do not really want to buy it if I get bad sound without the external sound card.

post #2 of 14

Heya,

 

The COP is very efficient and does not need an amplifier at all.

 

Headphones are stereo. Two drivers. There's no such thing as 5.1 and 7.1 in headphones. It's stereo, with emulation from software. Every time.

 

There are several external soundcards, but do you really need one? Do you really need the Dolby Headphone or Creative's version? Is surround emulation very important to you? Have you gamed in just stereo?

 

Very best,

post #3 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalVeauX View Post
 

Heya,

 

The COP is very efficient and does not need an amplifier at all.

 

Headphones are stereo. Two drivers. There's no such thing as 5.1 and 7.1 in headphones. It's stereo, with emulation from software. Every time.

 

There are several external soundcards, but do you really need one? Do you really need the Dolby Headphone or Creative's version? Is surround emulation very important to you? Have you gamed in just stereo?

 

Very best,

 

ohh maby I described it wrong the first time, no I do not want anything with software surrond sound, that's what I'm trying to get away from this time so would like to be on the stereo, how is this headset compared to QPAD QH-90th for gaming.

I can get the QPAD QH-90 for 90.44 usd

 

and a Beyerdynamic COP of 308 usd.


So you're saying I do not need a externally sound card to get the best sound out of the COP.

 

The point is that I would like to get away from the "13 year old kid flashy gamer headset" like Logitech G35, razer etc  and try some good stereo headset and here is that smart part as the COP got a mic too.

post #4 of 14

Heya,

 

All "surround" sound with a headphone is completely emulated. Again, we're always using two drivers, so it's never ever going to be truly surround sound (5.1 or 7.1 as marketed which is utterly false, especially since it's ridiculous that the .1 in the category actually represents LFE for a subwoofer which clearly a headphone does not possess). Regardless of it being a "headset" or "gaming headset" or a random headphone, or even a high-end $1,000 headphone or higher, it's still just stereo.

 

You should be able to find the COP for much less than $300. I wouldn't pay $300 for it, ever. Maybe $150. It's $200 new on Amazon right now (black & white).

 

Even then, honestly, I wouldn't get the COP (it has dark treble, and quite recessed mids). I would suggest you just grab a DT770 PRO (250ohm) and a soundcard or external USB DAC/AMP (like the Fiio E10) and enjoy good audio regardless of what you stream through there.

 

Very best,

post #5 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalVeauX View Post
 

Heya,

 

All "surround" sound with a headphone is completely emulated. Again, we're always using two drivers, so it's never ever going to be truly surround sound (5.1 or 7.1 as marketed which is utterly false, especially since it's ridiculous that the .1 in the category actually represents LFE for a subwoofer which clearly a headphone does not possess). Regardless of it being a "headset" or "gaming headset" or a random headphone, or even a high-end $1,000 headphone or higher, it's still just stereo.

 

You should be able to find the COP for much less than $300. I wouldn't pay $300 for it, ever. Maybe $150. It's $200 new on Amazon right now (black & white).

 

Even then, honestly, I wouldn't get the COP (it has dark treble, and quite recessed mids). I would suggest you just grab a DT770 PRO (250ohm) and a soundcard or external USB DAC/AMP (like the Fiio E10) and enjoy good audio regardless of what you stream through there.

 

Very best,

thx for the help so far. The problem is that I need headset with mic on it and thats where the COP comes in. Just to make i clear I do not want any of the surrond sound headsets.

 

The COP for 300 usd was with a mic, I am placed in Denmark so other prices on electronic.

 

What do you say about the QPAD QH-90 I can get it cheap 90 usd.

post #6 of 14
Thread Starter 

Ok I can get the Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 250 Ohm for 237,61 usd and then just buy the modmic. Is this a good headset, will this do with the onboard sound card or do i need a external one.

post #7 of 14
Thread Starter 

Ok I have now looked at some thread's and they all seams to recommend beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro but witch version should i get the 80 or the 250 Ohm. I will get a Fiio E10 amp will this be enough for the 250 Ohm version. 

post #8 of 14

you should consider what your priority is first. do you want really good sound with a mic attached for occasional use? if so, then get a nice pair of headphones like the ones mentioned here with some form of dac/amp and get something like a desktop mic or a ModMic. however, if you're going to be using the mic all the time for voip during games and etc, you should really just get a dedicated headset. you don't REALLY need a dac/amp to get really good sound; i believe it starts with the headphones.

 

with that being said, for your situation i recommend getting a PC360 and just plugging it into your motherboard. i paid 180$ (CAD) for mine but i wouldn't buy it for any more than that. if you really want some cheap external sound card, i would recommend the asus xonar D3 cause it's only 40$ and has a line-in for mic which is definitely very handy for headsets.

post #9 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmarket View Post
 

you should consider what your priority is first. do you want really good sound with a mic attached for occasional use? if so, then get a nice pair of headphones like the ones mentioned here with some form of dac/amp and get something like a desktop mic or a ModMic. however, if you're going to be using the mic all the time for voip during games and etc, you should really just get a dedicated headset. you don't REALLY need a dac/amp to get really good sound; i believe it starts with the headphones.

 

with that being said, for your situation i recommend getting a PC360 and just plugging it into your motherboard. i paid 180$ (CAD) for mine but i wouldn't buy it for any more than that. if you really want some cheap external sound card, i would recommend the asus xonar D3 cause it's only 40$ and has a line-in for mic which is definitely very handy for headsets.

 

My priorities this time is that I would like to try to have som really good sound and a mic attached, as I got a logitech G35 right now. And withe a good pair like the DT-990 I think I can get good music sound and good gaming performance at the same time is that right. 

 

thx what do you think about the combination of the beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro and the modmic. 

 

Beacuse I have seen the thread Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide and he says that the DT-990 pro is god. 

 

Will the Fiio E10 amp be enough to power the 250 Ohm version.

post #10 of 14

If you're looking to get the DT990, you should also look into the DT880. There's been many a debate as to which is the truly better, and they're both around the same price. The E10 is probably enough for most 250ohm headphones, but it doesn't have a microphone-in socket so you'll have to run the ModMic all the way to your computer.

post #11 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmarket View Post
 

If you're looking to get the DT990, you should also look into the DT880. There's been many a debate as to which is the truly better, and they're both around the same price. The E10 is probably enough for most 250ohm headphones, but it doesn't have a microphone-in socket so you'll have to run the ModMic all the way to your computer.

 

Thx I will look at it, can I find a amp like the E10 that have mic in, else I will just use the mic in on the back of my computer or maby the front one. I will get the 250 Ohm version. Thanks for the help, this is a great forum.

 

 

I can see that you can't get a amp with mic in, so will just have to use the onboard mic port but that shuld be ok for the modmic.

 

I just bought the DT-990 250 Ohm and modmic and will get the E10 amp in the next month. Thanks all for the help and fast responses. 


Edited by Thomaslje - 11/24/13 at 2:17pm
post #12 of 14
Thread Starter 

Hello I have looked at the Fiio E10 and I am wondering if it will run directly on usb to my computer or am i forced to use the coaxial output beacus my motherboard does not have any coaxial input, in the case that the Fiio E10 needs the coaxial output, what apm shuld i then get that only use USB.

post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomaslje View Post
 

Hello I have looked at the Fiio E10 and I am wondering if it will run directly on usb to my computer or am i forced to use the coaxial output beacus my motherboard does not have any coaxial input, in the case that the Fiio E10 needs the coaxial output, what apm shuld i then get that only use USB.

 

The E10 is a USB dac/amp.

 

Very best,

post #14 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalVeauX View Post
 

 

The E10 is a USB dac/amp.

 

Very best,

Thx for that. I will get it soon so hope the sound is ok for the start with the onboard sound card.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations ›  Beyerdynamic COP USB amplifier