or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Is my Fiio E17 good enough to drive Sennheiser HD650?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is my Fiio E17 good enough to drive Sennheiser HD650?

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

i have the sennheiser momentum and i have been reading reviews that the 650 are "better" in some ways. i would like to buy them after more reading reviews/opinions on them but i first need to know if they can be driven from my E17 amp. i don't want to buy another amp now 

post #2 of 8

It is recommended up to 150ohms. The sennheiser hd 650's are 300ohm rating.  So no it will not be enough.  The fiio e09k with the fiio e17 will be enough.  But just cause the ffio e17 isn't super effective in powering the 650's that doesn't mean you wont get good sound quality.  It just means it won't be close to what the 650's are capable of. 

post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Chavez View Post
 

It is recommended up to 150ohms. The sennheiser hd 650's are 300ohm rating.  So no it will not be enough.  The fiio e09k with the fiio e17 will be enough.  But just cause the ffio e17 isn't super effective in powering the 650's that doesn't mean you wont get good sound quality.  It just means it won't be close to what the 650's are capable of. 

hmm ok, so if i combine both the amplifiers by putting the e17 into the e09k what will the max impedance rating be allowed upto for best quality, 300-400?

post #4 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Chavez View Post
 

It is recommended up to 150ohms. The sennheiser hd 650's are 300ohm rating.  So no it will not be enough.  The fiio e09k with the fiio e17 will be enough.  But just cause the ffio e17 isn't super effective in powering the 650's that doesn't mean you wont get good sound quality.  It just means it won't be close to what the 650's are capable of. 

i also am not sure if the hd700's would be good for me or not as i have read mixed reviews depending on people's music genre and listening tastes are

post #5 of 8

I think, E 17 can drive HD 650. We have to consider output impedance of amp, impedance of the headphone and efficiency of the headphone (HD 650 has high efficiency 102 dB, higher this number easier to drive).

 

check,

http://www.head-fi.org/t/688819/dt-770-250-vs-dt-990-pro-250-hd-558-vs-598#post_9950189

http://www.head-fi.org/t/690881/beyer-dt880-600-ohm-and-fiio-e12#post_9988579

 

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/680240/would-a-fiio-e17-be-good-enough-for-a-he-4#post_9775507

http://www.head-fi.org/t/688743/had-a-beyer-dt990-2005-600-for-a-few-years-whats-next#post_9953057

 

However, I am still struggling to correlate output impedance of amp, driveability (amp), impedance of the headphone and efficiency of the headphone


Edited by rubinstein - 11/23/13 at 4:11pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget2013 View Post
 

hmm ok, so if i combine both the amplifiers by putting the e17 into the e09k what will the max impedance rating be allowed upto for best quality, 300-400?


You could consider Audio Gd 15.32 or 11.32 instead of E09K.

post #7 of 8

I've owned both the 650's and the 700's.  Looks wise and comfort the 700's are better.  Sound quality and sound signature wise I say 650's.  If you really want to save up money for something special I would recommend the bottlehead crack (amp) with the 650's. Or may I recommend some in ear monitors.  Heir audio 4ai.  Shure 535. 

post #8 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Chavez View Post
 

I've owned both the 650's and the 700's.  Looks wise and comfort the 700's are better.  Sound quality and sound signature wise I say 650's.  If you really want to save up money for something special I would recommend the bottlehead crack (amp) with the 650's. Or may I recommend some in ear monitors.  Heir audio 4ai.  Shure 535. 

i think after reading that i prefer the 650's. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Is my Fiio E17 good enough to drive Sennheiser HD650?