or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › 10 -band Multichannel Parametric EQ GUI for Windows ...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

10 -band Multichannel Parametric EQ GUI for Windows ...

post #1 of 33
Thread Starter 

EDIT: Now available!

 

Hello!

 

After releasing a Graphic Equalizer for Windows couple months ago, I released another freeware (opensource) Project. Now it's a 10-band Multichannel Parametric EQ GUI for Windows. As the previous EQ31GUI-2, this GUI is also intend for to update the config.txt file for EqualizerAPO in realtime (EqualizerAPO is a sourceforce Project By jthedering and can be found from http://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/).

 

GUI looks like this:

 

 

Now available at http://jiiteepee.tripod.com/home.html

 

 

jiiteepee


Edited by jiiteepee - 11/25/13 at 4:32am
post #2 of 33

Can this be used when running foobar in bit perfect mode, using say, the WASAPI plugin? Ditto for the Graphic Equalizer?


Edited by isamu - 11/26/13 at 2:16am
post #3 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by isamu View Post
 

Can this be used when running foobar in bit perfect mode, using say, the WASAPI plugin? Ditto for the Graphic Equalizer?

 

I'm afraid not, because of EqualizerAPO is made for to use the system audio processor (APO) so, that would destroy the bit perfectness as does the EQ itself.

 

jiiteepee


Edited by jiiteepee - 11/26/13 at 4:47am
post #4 of 33
Thread Starter 

Updated to v. 0.32. Now GUI has better compatibility with EqualizerAPO.

 

 

BTW, I'm releasing soon improved version of this PEQ. The new one allows selection of filter type and bw/Q. GUI looks this:

 

 

(little to do with the GUI ...)


Edited by jiiteepee - 12/24/13 at 4:42pm
post #5 of 33
I might have to try this. I normally electri-Q, but This seems cool.
post #6 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by headfinoob View Post

I might have to try this. I normally electri-Q, but This seems cool.
Forgot to say I only use stereo, but I want to try this anyway.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
post #7 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by headfinoob View Post

I might have to try this. I normally electri-Q, but This seems cool.
Forgot to say I only use stereo, but I want to try this anyway.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
post #8 of 33
Thread Starter 

Updated software to version 0.35. Improved the config.txt writing proces so there are not much noise when making changes.

post #9 of 33
Thread Starter 

Hmm ... what would you say 'bout this new features found in upcoming v.0.40 ?:L3000:

 

 

As for an example, you can use plot from HeadRoom as a background image (though, image still needs some dimensional preparations before it can be loaded as background image), prepare a EQ that follows it and then invert the eq to compensate the frequency response error (store the result as a preset or save the generated filters to pre-filt.txt or post-filt.txt which both files are loaded automatically by config.txt).


Edited by jiiteepee - 12/14/13 at 11:42pm
post #10 of 33
Thread Starter 
Updated the software to version 0.40. More improvements and few new features added.

http://jiiteepee.tripod.com/home.html
post #11 of 33

Hey jiiteepee,

 

great project, but please please please, could you integrate the option to type in the whished parameters (Hz, BW and Gain) manually, right in the area where the values are already shown? It can be frustrating to try to approach the value which one knows exactly with decimal places. Also it's a pity that the Hz value does not provide decimal places. It think it's not a big deal for you to make that possible. 

post #12 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike3210 View Post
 

Hey jiiteepee,

 

great project, but please please please, could you integrate the option to type in the whished parameters (Hz, BW and Gain) manually, right in the area where the values are already shown? It can be frustrating to try to approach the value which one knows exactly with decimal places. Also it's a pity that the Hz value does not provide decimal places. It think it's not a big deal for you to make that possible. 

 

Value fine tuning is now done using mouse (buttons/wheel) and keyboard (arrow keys) (yes, it's a slow task if you don't get the slider close to the target first) but as the logaritmic sliders (Hz and bw/q) aren't well implemented yet it's not easy to get exact values for bw/q. I'm about to add the manual editing for parameters at some point.

I'm not sure 'bout that decimal Hz ... it's easy to implement but as in a sample based system 1 sample = 1 Hz (AFAIK) SRC would be needed to get advance of decimal accuracy (I have not checked if this is implemented in EqualizerAPO?).

 

I'm still learning programming in VC++ so my next step is to try change those sliders by rotating knobs ... if not already earlier, at that point I could add this feature to type the values manually.

post #13 of 33

Rotating knobs instead of sliders would be a nice gimmick and would make your tool look more attractive, but fields where you can type in the values manually would IMHO be a big usability improvement. The next big step towards perfection of all that would be, if one could additionally set individual points in the graph and change the default or individual curve just by moving around these points. The last step could be an additonal "free draw" function for the curve, as I have seen it in some former versions of Aixcoustic Electri-Q as far as I can remember.

post #14 of 33

I'm just trying to try out your function "Load Ref", but there are many open questions. Which resolution should the image file have or better said which is the perfect resolution? Also, I know HeadRoom, but there are 3 graph types (frequency response, frequency response compensated and frequency response raw). Which one of these should one take? An even bigger problem for me is the question which dynamic range in their graph I should choose. None of these seem to match the one of your tool.

post #15 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike3210 View Post
 

Rotating knobs instead of sliders would be a nice gimmick and would make your tool look more attractive, but fields where you can type in the values manually would IMHO be a big usability improvement. The next big step towards perfection of all that would be, if one could additionally set individual points in the graph and change the default or individual curve just by moving around these points. The last step could be an additonal "free draw" function for the curve, as I have seen it in some former versions of Aixcoustic Electri-Q as far as I can remember.

 

I haven't examined yet but, I think the VS chart component allows interaction with the graph so ...


Edited by jiiteepee - 12/29/13 at 7:24am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › 10 -band Multichannel Parametric EQ GUI for Windows ...