or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › First over the ear headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

First over the ear headphones

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

Hello,

I am new to the audio community and wanted your experience and suggestions regarding my first good quality headphones.

For the last few days, I have been trying to collect as much information as I can to purchase a good set of headphones.

I am looking for : Over-the-ear wired headphones with an in-line microphone.

preferably comfortable with a closed back and good passive isolation

I am not an audiophile, yet the higher the sound quality the better. :)

I pretty much listen to most of the popular genres, not metal.. so it doesn't have to be bass heavy.

Budget: around 100$

Note: I will be using the headphones mostly with my laptop and Galaxy S4 without amps.

 

I have looked into:  JBL J88, 

AKG K619,

Phillips The Stretch (a little bit pricy),

Sennheiser HD 429s, HD 335s.

 

Your help and suggestions are appreciated,

Thanks in advance.


Edited by FirasJahjah - 11/22/13 at 9:11am
post #2 of 8

I would take a look at the V-MODA Crossfade LPs, they're on sale on Amazon today for only $110. They're a good set of cans, and they're $200 normally.. So definitely check those out! Otherwise, I would also take a look at the AKG 619s.

post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashton18 View Post
 

I would take a look at the V-MODA Crossfade LPs, they're on sale on Amazon today for only $110. They're a good set of cans, and they're $200 normally.. So definitely check those out! Otherwise, I would also take a look at the AKG 619s.


Thanks for the suggestion, tho I tried to order the V-Moda but it appears it doesn't ship to my country.. It was near perfect for me..

the size, inline microphone, isolation and comfortable...

any other similar headphones?

post #4 of 8
Unfortunately there aren't that many headphones with all those exact features.

There's the Philips L1/28, but they're semi-open. Those are a good set of cans and cost around $170.

I think you'll have more luck looking at IEMs, it's very difficult to find a set of over the ear headphones with a mic (good ones anyways)

BTW, where are you having these shipped?
Edited by ashton18 - 11/22/13 at 12:48pm
post #5 of 8
Also, you could buy any set of headphones and get something like a Jabra Clipper (bluetooth transmitter). They have a mic built in, and you don't lose THAT much quality.
post #6 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashton18 View Post

Unfortunately there aren't that many headphones with all those exact features.

There's the Philips L1/28, but they're semi-open. Those are a good set of cans and cost around $170.

I think you'll have more luck looking at IEMs, it's very difficult to find a set of over the ear headphones with a mic (good ones anyways)

BTW, where are you having these shipped?

 

shipped to Israel.

I might end up buying the Sennheiser HD-335s or AKG K619

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashton18 View Post

Also, you could buy any set of headphones and get something like a Jabra Clipper (bluetooth transmitter). They have a mic built in, and you don't lose THAT much quality.

 

I have looked into buying ATH-M50 (especially that they're on sale now). But I want to listen to music out in the public too. and it would be silly to have 2 headphones at the same time with me or to remove the m50 just to answer a phone call


Edited by FirasJahjah - 11/22/13 at 1:04pm
post #7 of 8
The AKGs are nice, I cant speak for the Sennheisers but if it were me I would probably watch tons of video reviews on YouTube and then decide. Good luck buddy!
post #8 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashton18 View Post

The AKGs are nice, I cant speak for the Sennheisers but if it were me I would probably watch tons of video reviews on YouTube and then decide. Good luck buddy!


I have already read a lot of reviews about them.. but the 335s appears to be new and has no Youtube videos and few reviews.

by the looks of it, the 335s looks better with larger ear cups

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › First over the ear headphones