or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote - Page 55

post #811 of 7658

I hope it leans more towards the X5's sound which is so much more revealing than the E17. If so, I'll be getting one for sure. I wish they'd be a bit more original in their color options, though...that's a bit weak.

post #812 of 7658
The X1 according to James, is slightly bassy smily_headphones1.gif
post #813 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 

^ haha FiiO is such a troll, "we don't want to look like we copy the iPod" but we will copy the iphone. LoL :bigsmile_face:

 

 

I guess they didn't want it bad enough. 

Nano + 5c colors = X1

 

At least there's already cases available. No, they're not available in black.

 


Edited by RoMee - 3/20/14 at 9:20pm
post #814 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoMee View Post
 

 

I guess they didn't want it bad enough. 

Nano + 5c colors = X1

 

At least there's already cases available. No they're not available in black.

 


^ LMAO did you shop/ MS Paint those 4 black dots in yourself??? :beerchug:

 

So THAT'S why you're a cough *tittle tag* cough. ;)

 

Worthy of ever letter in that title tbh. : P

post #815 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


^ LMAO did you shop/ MS Paint those 4 black dots in yourself??? :beerchug:

 

So THAT'S why you're a cough *tittle tag* cough. ;)

 

Worthy of ever letter in that title tbh. : P

 

It's not suppose to be perfect, it's suppose to be a little buggy so it'll match the X1. :p 

That's what makes it perfect. 


Edited by RoMee - 3/20/14 at 9:19pm
post #816 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoMee View Post
 

 

It's not suppose to be perfect, it's suppose to be a little buggy so it'll match the X1. :p 

That's what makes it perfect. 


^ i'll let the impressions roll in before i make any judgements on them. But yeah these don't make me lust after them looks wise that's for sure. A good attempt by FiiO to appeal to the wider mainstream market with all the color options and all, and i know exactly why they did what they did but yeah....... haha 

 

Hope it sounds great. :)

post #817 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 

.........Mainly due to the DX50 being rockbox-able and is not THAT much mo' than these X1s now. :ph34r:

Sorry sfwalcer, I didn't get your comment.....could you explain?

Thanks!

post #818 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckfinn View Post
 

Sorry sfwalcer, I didn't get your comment.....could you explain?

Thanks!

Nobody understands what he says more times than not. But with my studies and interaction of this boxhead , he is essentially saying that he is on the fence on the X1 before any impression come about its sound, and is considering the DX-50 as it can be Rock-Boxed and doesn't as much.

 

 

If I remember correctly, X1 will apparently have a bass tilt but still have a flat frequency response which seems to be an oxymoron. Excited to still see how it goes.

post #819 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamijoIsMyHero View Post

Nobody understands what he says more times than not. But with my studies and interaction of this boxhead , he is essentially saying that he is on the fence on the X1 before any impression come about its sound, and is considering the DX-50 as it can be Rock-Boxed and doesn't as much.


If I remember correctly, X1 will apparently have a bass tilt but still have a flat frequency response which seems to be an oxymoron. Excited to still see how it goes.

Or does he mean the DX50 now have a nice add as it is rockbox-able and the difference in price vs X1 is not that big now? Pls clarify
post #820 of 7658

In fact I suspect this is what he meant.....

 

......Why on earth doesn't Fiio support Rockbox???

It's probably the best "audiophile" player ever!!

 

P.S....or is Rockbox that HAS to be ported (is that the word?) for Fiio?


Edited by huckfinn - 3/21/14 at 4:24am
post #821 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckfinn View Post
 

Sorry sfwalcer, I didn't get your comment.....could you explain?

Thanks!

 

+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamijoIsMyHero View Post
 

Nobody understands what he says more times than not. But with my studies and interaction of this boxhead , he is essentially saying that he is on the fence on the X1 before any impression come about its sound, and is considering the DX-50 as it can be Rock-Boxed and doesn't as much.

 

 

If I remember correctly, X1 will apparently have a bass tilt but still have a flat frequency response which seems to be an oxymoron. Excited to still see how it goes.

 

+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post


Or does he mean the DX50 now have a nice add as it is rockbox-able and the difference in price vs X1 is not that big now? Pls clarify

^

What they said. Have seen the DX50 go for as low as $150 used like-new in the sales forums. It can be now rockboxed, has a touch screen UI and regular buttons, replaceable battery??? me thinks, so you do the math.

post #822 of 7658

I like them. I'm definitely going to pick up a white one.

post #823 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamijoIsMyHero View Post
 

Nobody understands what he says more times than not. But with my studies and interaction of this boxhead , he is essentially saying that he is on the fence on the X1 before any impression come about its sound, and is considering the DX-50 as it can be Rock-Boxed and doesn't as much.

 

 

If I remember correctly, X1 will apparently have a bass tilt but still have a flat frequency response which seems to be an oxymoron. Excited to still see how it goes.

 

Hopefully it's more neutral than my Cowon J3. I need more clarity in my music. 

post #824 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niyologist View Post
 

 

Hopefully it's more neutral than my Cowon J3. I need more clarity in my music. 


I feel ya - my J3 is getting long in the tooth, but I'll never sell it - makes a great beater dap for travel.

post #825 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginalb View Post
 

I like them. I'm definitely going to pick up a white one.

 

Red for me thanks :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote