or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote - Page 34

post #496 of 7658

Will i lost much if i save money and buy Fiio X1 over Fiio X5?

post #497 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpok View Post
 

Will i lost much if i save money and buy Fiio X1 over Fiio X5?


Abso-f***in-lutely.

post #498 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 


Abso-f***in-lutely.

Hehe. Thanks :).

post #499 of 7658

When iBasso announced DX50, people were expecting it to be as good as DX100 but less featured edition. Turned out that DX50, without an amp, is a really not something to play with. Pretty much everybody uses with portable amps and suggests to use in that way.

 

Long story short: You will get approximately 200 250 USD less quality product, it can come from sound quality department, build quality, number of features etc.

 

It is just, expecting an entry level product to save your day while there are reference level products is kind of strange. At the end it all depends on your expectations and demands.

post #500 of 7658
IMO X1 for affordable portable set up

X3 for better portable experience and you can choose to not pair it with an amp again since the built into one is great definitely not a lot of amp will beat it in terms of SQ but if you need power, you can add the E12

X5 for high end listening experience (obviously). If you are a portable guy, go for these! Double expansion slots means more space and each support up to 128GB and there will be a OTG support soon so maybe you are able to connect to an external hard drive.

If you wish to compare it to Apple iPod in terms of price and targeted customer (without comparing SQ since FiiO blow them out of water for that xD)
X1 = iShuffle
X3 = iNano
X5 = iClassic
X7 = iTouch (?)

FiiO may cost more but FiiO definitely surpass Apple iPod in terms of everything IMO with exception of UI since FiiO is still new about it but I guess it is just the matter of time FiiO will best it biggrin.gif
post #501 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

IMO X1 for affordable portable set up

X3 for better portable experience and you can choose to not pair it with an amp again since the built into one is great definitely not a lot of amp will beat it in terms of SQ but if you need power, you can add the E12

X5 for high end listening experience (obviously). If you are a portable guy, go for these! Double expansion slots means more space and each support up to 128GB and there will be a OTG support soon so maybe you are able to connect to an external hard drive.

If you wish to compare it to Apple iPod in terms of price and targeted customer (without comparing SQ since FiiO blow them out of water for that xD)
X1 = iShuffle
X3 = iNano
X5 = iClassic
X7 = iTouch (?)

FiiO may cost more but FiiO definitely surpass Apple iPod in terms of everything IMO with exception of UI since FiiO is still new about it but I guess it is just the matter of time FiiO will best it biggrin.gif

post #502 of 7658

Seriously, any of those products would sound better than s****y Fruit devices. The comparison doesn't make sense.

post #503 of 7658
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

IMO X1 for affordable portable set up

X3 for better portable experience and you can choose to not pair it with an amp again since the built into one is great definitely not a lot of amp will beat it in terms of SQ but if you need power, you can add the E12

X5 for high end listening experience (obviously). If you are a portable guy, go for these! Double expansion slots means more space and each support up to 128GB and there will be a OTG support soon so maybe you are able to connect to an external hard drive.

If you wish to compare it to Apple iPod in terms of price and targeted customer (without comparing SQ since FiiO blow them out of water for that xD)
X1 = iShuffle
X3 = iNano
X5 = iClassic
X7 = iTouch (?)

FiiO may cost more but FiiO definitely surpass Apple iPod in terms of everything IMO with exception of UI since FiiO is still new about it but I guess it is just the matter of time FiiO will best it biggrin.gif

 

 

thanks , that is what we hope so and the X1 and new X3K will have better UI too ( The UI will designed by our new partner who help us designed the UI of X5 )

post #504 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post


thanks , that is what we hope so and the X1 and new X3K will have better UI too ( The UI will designed by our new partner who help us designed the UI of X5 )

It is also worth getting a hands-on on the iNano and have a look at how their UI works to furthur improve FiiO DAP UI. I have watched a FiiO X5 UI video before posted by Joe and I think I would prefer something with more animations like what Apple did to their products without compromising the speed of the UI (well, except for iOS7 on iPhone4 with full memory)

Indeed FiiO DAP is something of high end compared to Apple iPods but IMO Apple iPods still win in UI and design but other than that, the FiiO is far more better than Apple iPods at all aspects (no need of iTunes biggrin.gif )
post #505 of 7658
I'm looking for a new DAP. I can't up my mind, Fiio X5 (A little over my budget) X3 X1 and Ibasso DX50. At the moment I use an IPod.
I would prefer use the DAP also as a DAC USB (Ibasso doesn't do this work) so what can I do?
I'm a newbie in Hi-Fi world so I don't have much expectation.
post #506 of 7658
The iBasso DX50 support DAC USB but they are really bulky from what I heard. FiiO DAPs are less buggy smily_headphones1.gif
post #507 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

The iBasso DX50 support DAC USB but they are really bulky from what I heard. FiiO DAPs are less buggy smily_headphones1.gif

ibasso dx50 support usb dac? u sure?
post #508 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoekeat View Post

ibasso dx50 support usb dac? u sure?

I am pretty sure they do but will double check for you ~
post #509 of 7658

from what I know DX50 cant be used as USB DAC.

post #510 of 7658

Just don't rush it...and Rockbox please. :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote