or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote - Page 33

post #481 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post
 

 

Like what James has said above. But spec wise the PCM5121 is very similar to PCM5101 (the stepdown version of PCM5121, also hardware control only). I'll venture a guess that they both share a large part of the internal circuit except for the hardware vs. software control portion, so there is a good chance they will share similar sound as well. That is also the part on TI tends to have a similar flavour of their own in all their PCM series of DAC chip.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

 

yes, but PCM5102 is a hardware control DAC so it is not suitable for X1. we need a software control DAC so we can use the volume control function of the DAC.


Nice to hear this move, I am appreciated that. :D
But power gain opamp still have not decided yet..  

post #482 of 7658
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by palermo View Post
 

 


Nice to hear this move, I am appreciated that. :D
But power gain opamp still have not decided yet..  

 

the amp section will use the same op amp as AK100, and powered by +/- 2.5V, so the output power will be just the same as AK100 but with a very small output impedance.

post #483 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertone View Post
 

Latest release date estimate?

post #484 of 7658
post #485 of 7658


Exciting!

 

However, the X5 seems more alluring to me... especially if I'll be able to have it for $210 like its promised to be.

 

Now that I have the X3 and love it despite the current foibles with the FW, I cannot ignore the fact that the X5 will be superior in every way.

post #486 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post


. especially if I'll be able to have it for $210 like its promised to be.

Its expected street price is ~$385 internationally........wink.gif
post #487 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post


Its expected street price is ~$385 internationally........wink.gif

 

Ah, but MP4Nation is in HK. ;)

 

Thats the only way I was able to get my X3 at £115 compared to £159 in the UK.

 

So, I'm hoping it will be the same story with the X5.

post #488 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post
 


Exciting!

 

However, the X5 seems more alluring to me... especially if I'll be able to have it for $210 like its promised to be.

 

Now that I have the X3 and love it despite the current foibles with the FW, I cannot ignore the fact that the X5 will be superior in every way.

I think you meant £210....(about $345)

post #489 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

 

yes, but PCM5102 is a hardware control DAC so it is not suitable for X1. we need a software control DAC so we can use the volume control function of the DAC.

 

James: If the X1 will have software controlled volume control, will it be possible to change the output level through the line out?  This would make it easier to pair it with different portable headphone amps.  The X3's line level output is so high that it overloads the input of some headphone amps, so it would be nice to have an adjustable line out, even if it is just settings for high-medium-low output. 

 

Also, I would prefer separate jacks for headphone and line out. 

post #490 of 7658
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj69 View Post
 

 

James: If the X1 will have software controlled volume control, will it be possible to change the output level through the line out?  This would make it easier to pair it with different portable headphone amps.  The X3's line level output is so high that it overloads the input of some headphone amps, so it would be nice to have an adjustable line out, even if it is just settings for high-medium-low output. 

 

Also, I would prefer separate jacks for headphone and line out. 

 

sorry not, but the lo level will change to 1.5v so it should be OK for almost all headphone amp.

 

btw, even the 2.0V LO level of X3 is not a big problem to portable amp, at least for our amps.

post #491 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjw321 View Post

I think you meant £210....(about $345)

yes you are correct......was a typo from his side. Nice guess you....
post #492 of 7658
Don't see why 2v LO should be a problem as that's pretty much the standard for CD players and DACs. Poor amp design if overload is a problem IMO
post #493 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

Don't see why 2v LO should be a problem as that's pretty much the standard for CD players and DACs. Poor amp design if overload is a problem IMO

 

Not necessarily "poor," but portable amps designed to take a 1.2V(?) iPod line out. It's only now that DAPs (or at least the affordable ones) caught up to Redbook standard voltage.

post #494 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtegeManiac View Post
 

 

Not necessarily "poor," but portable amps designed to take a 1.2V(?) iPod line out. It's only now that DAPs (or at least the affordable ones) caught up to Redbook standard voltage.


TIL Redbook is more than 44.1KHz/16bit audio

post #495 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjw321 View Post
 

I think you meant £210....(about $345)

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post


yes you are correct......was a typo from his side. Nice guess you....

 

+1

 

Sorry guys, just a typo.

 

Symbols drive me mad lol :veryevil:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote