or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote - Page 171

post #2551 of 7658

Really glad I went the Pitbull Audio route. Headphonebar and Headfoneshop really dropped the ball on this one. I'll have it from California (more than a day's drive away) before they even have it in stock at HB, which is 4 hrs away. Soon, my pretty....

 

post #2552 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by batteraziiz View Post
 

Really glad I went the Pitbull Audio route. Headphonebar and Headfoneshop really dropped the ball on this one. I'll have it from California (more than a day's drive away) before they even have it in stock at HB, which is 4 hrs away. Soon, my pretty....

 

 

Yeah ordered from Pitbull on Friday, was at my door Monday. From Cali to Illinois in three days for free.

post #2553 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangel312 View Post
 

 

Yeah ordered from Pitbull on Friday, was at my door Monday. From Cali to Illinois in three days for free.


Rub it in :P I paid $50 shipping (outrageous, right?) on ebay and I still might not get it until Monday. -_- Hopefully Thurs or Fri, but as late as Monday. Depends on customs, I suppose.

post #2554 of 7658
I ordered from pitbull audio too biggrin.gif

They ship it in the same day if you order early in the day.
post #2555 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by batteraziiz View Post
 


Rub it in :P I paid $50 shipping (outrageous, right?) on ebay and I still might not get it until Monday. -_- Hopefully Thurs or Fri, but as late as Monday. Depends on customs, I suppose.


OUCH!

post #2556 of 7658

For some reason, Paypal didn't put my CC payment through until the day after I ordered. So, it shipped out yesterday. Fingers crossed for Friday. My ears and sd card are ready. I've been waiting almost 11 months for this. Money was no object ;)

post #2557 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by batteraziiz View Post

For some reason, Paypal didn't put my CC payment through until the day after I ordered. So, it shipped out yesterday. Fingers crossed for Friday. My ears and sd card are ready. I've been waiting almost 11 months for this. Money was no object wink.gif

If it makes you feel better, the last time I tried shipping something to China, UPS wanted like $80
post #2558 of 7658

I'm still waiting for Headphonebar :D

post #2559 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee290 View Post
 

I'm still waiting for Headphonebar :D


Madness! Oh, and I should add... My Kogan will be here this week as well. I'm in heaven.:ksc75smile:

post #2560 of 7658

I disagree with Headfonia's take on the headphone out. I'd like to know what music he listened to and what headphones he used. I'm telling you, with really well-mastered albums, my UM Miracles sounded terrific, certainly better than an ipod. Different strokes, I guess.

post #2561 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by batteraziiz View Post


Madness! Oh, and I should add... My Kogan will be here this week as well. I'm in heaven.ksc75smile.gif

Woo ..hooo ....
post #2562 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wokei View Post


Woo ..hooo ....

post #2563 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by batteraziiz View Post



Neither man ..just happy for you ..also waiting for some input from you ..between Kogan n X1 ....initially wanted to get X1 but Kogan is really performing well ...so your input is the deciding factor here whether to get X1 ...lol
post #2564 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wokei View Post


Neither man ..just happy for you ..also waiting for some input from you ..between Kogan n X1 ....initially wanted to get X1 but Kogan is really performing well ...so your input is the deciding factor here whether to get X1 ...lol


All good :)
I might be biased as I don't have an X3 or X5. Just... Cowon i9+, Cowon C2, Cowon J3, ipog 5.5g rockbox'd, Colorfly C3, SGS4, Clip Zip rockbox'd... I'll be reviewing against those, though. If that helps. :cool:

post #2565 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post
 

I disagree with Headfonia's take on the headphone out. I'd like to know what music he listened to and what headphones he used. I'm telling you, with really well-mastered albums, my UM Miracles sounded terrific, certainly better than an ipod. Different strokes, I guess.

 

I do think that the DAC outperforms the amp section of the X1, but im also a bit skeptical about the X1 amp underperforming compared to the ipod, which was also not the impression i got.

 

Also, did anyone feel that the X1's bass had that much extra weight to it as Lieven suggested?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote