or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote - Page 164

post #2446 of 7658
Very good points above and I'm glad the original poster recognizes the shortcomings of 128kbps, which almost everyone would agree sounds fairly bad.

Being that @tangefloss is fairly new to this game I'd caution, in case you don't already know, that you never up rez a low bit rate to a higher bit rate. You can not add information that is not there and you may hear artifacts from the up rez process. It would be a waste of time. Always start high and then go lower to the point that it still sounds good to you, usually 256kbps-320kbps.

Personally, I stick with lossless ALAC 16/44.1, which is the same as CD quality.
post #2447 of 7658

I'm new to the DAP game, but after reading a little through this thread I'm slightly confused. Do I need my music in folders? Right now I just have my entire library in one folder, but every file is properly tagged (MP3). Will this be fine for the X1? What about the Colorfly C3?

 

Also right now I'm just using my smartphone or clip+ with a pair of ATH-M50s (I also have a pair of UE 700s), how much better will the X1 sound than my current setup?

post #2448 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyBadMusic View Post
 

I'm new to the DAP game, but after reading a little through this thread I'm slightly confused. Do I need my music in folders? Right now I just have my entire library in one folder, but every file is properly tagged (MP3). Will this be fine for the X1? What about the Colorfly C3?

 

Also right now I'm just using my smartphone or clip+ with a pair of ATH-M50s (I also have a pair of UE 700s), how much better will the X1 sound than my current setup?


C3 only reads file names (not tag data), so you'll be in the clear there. Not sure about X1 yet, personally. Still waiting on Headphonebar.

post #2449 of 7658

Does the X1 support OTG?

post #2450 of 7658

Hi all

 

I am new to the party and - to my shame - have only just heard about the Fiio DAPs.  To be totally honest, I thought that for large capacity storage the iPod Classic was the only option.  To be fair, I looked into it a couple of years ago.  If I remember right, the only other option at the time was a Cowon.  Anyhow, to satisfy my curiosity, can anyone tell me...  are DAPs such as the Fiio range relatively new to the market?  Did I miss them a couple of years ago or did they not exist?  How many are out there now (let's say 128gb +)

 

Sorry if that's a bit OT...

 

I do have one other question which is Fiio related.  Sorry if it is obvious and/or covered elsewhere.  My excuse is my newness to the topic!  The question is - how do you get the audio files form your PC onto the DAP?  Do you have to use specific SW?  Or can you simply drag and drop in Win Explorer as you would when saving to an external hard drive?

 

If this is all too OT then I'll start another thread...

 

Cheers guys

 

Max

post #2451 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Dread View Post

Hi all

I am new to the party and - to my shame - have only just heard about the Fiio DAPs.  To be totally honest, I thought that for large capacity storage the iPod Classic was the only option.  To be fair, I looked into it a couple of years ago.  If I remember right, the only other option at the time was a Cowon.  Anyhow, to satisfy my curiosity, can anyone tell me...  are DAPs such as the Fiio range relatively new to the market?  Did I miss them a couple of years ago or did they not exist?  How many are out there now (let's say 128gb +)

Sorry if that's a bit OT...

I do have one other question which is Fiio related.  Sorry if it is obvious and/or covered elsewhere.  My excuse is my newness to the topic!  The question is - how do you get the audio files form your PC onto the DAP?  Do you have to use specific SW?  Or can you simply drag and drop in Win Explorer as you would when saving to an external hard drive?

If this is all too OT then I'll start another thread...

Cheers guys

Max

No, FiiO is not extremely new to DAP as X1 is not their first DAP. The first DAP they released is the existing X3 then X5 and now the X1.

Billson smily_headphones1.gif

Just a heads up, will be getting a copy of X1 myself biggrin.gif
post #2452 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Dread View Post

Hi all

I am new to the party and - to my shame - have only just heard about the Fiio DAPs.  To be totally honest, I thought that for large capacity storage the iPod Classic was the only option.  To be fair, I looked into it a couple of years ago.  If I remember right, the only other option at the time was a Cowon.  Anyhow, to satisfy my curiosity, can anyone tell me...  are DAPs such as the Fiio range relatively new to the market?  Did I miss them a couple of years ago or did they not exist?  How many are out there now (let's say 128gb +)

Sorry if that's a bit OT...

I do have one other question which is Fiio related.  Sorry if it is obvious and/or covered elsewhere.  My excuse is my newness to the topic!  The question is - how do you get the audio files form your PC onto the DAP?  Do you have to use specific SW?  Or can you simply drag and drop in Win Explorer as you would when saving to an external hard drive?

If this is all too OT then I'll start another thread...

Cheers guys

Max
Should be drag/drop if not the X1 takes microSD, just use a reader and you should be golden. No syncing here (That means you iPod mini)
post #2453 of 7658

So the X1 can read MP3 tags right? Unlike the C3?

post #2454 of 7658
Yes, it reads tags just fine.

Putting music on it is simply a drag and drop affair. When I plug mine into my computer it basically goes into "disc mode" and appears on my computer as a removable disk. Note that you can't play music while it is transferring music. If you fiddle with the buttons you will kick the X1 out of disk mode and your computer will bitch at you. And you'll have to resume your transfer after you figure out what didn't get copied. And yes, I just learned this by accident smily_headphones1.gif
post #2455 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawoca View Post

Yes, it reads tags just fine.

Putting music on it is simply a drag and drop affair. When I plug mine into my computer it basically goes into "disc mode" and appears on my computer as a removable disk. Note that you can't play music while it is transferring music. If you fiddle with the buttons you will kick the X1 out of disk mode and your computer will bitch at you. And you'll have to resume your transfer after you figure out what didn't get copied. And yes, I just learned this by accident smily_headphones1.gif


Valuable knowledge, believe me.

post #2456 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawoca View Post
If you fiddle with the buttons you will kick the X1 out of disk mode and your computer will bitch at you.

 

Haha that's so true

post #2457 of 7658
Guess what arrived today?

post #2458 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by sujitsky View Post

Guess what arrived today?


Congrats! Mine came today too. I've been enjoying it all evening!
post #2459 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawoca View Post

Congrats! Mine came today too. I've been enjoying it all evening!

Sweet! Charging mine now.

I love the finishing on this and the silicone case is pretty sweet too. Not sure about the stickers packaged with it though (wood, black and US flag)
post #2460 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by sujitsky View Post


Sweet! Charging mine now.

I love the finishing on this and the silicone case is pretty sweet too. Not sure about the stickers packaged with it though (wood, black and US flag)

 

They come with those stickers as well? 
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote