or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote - Page 136

post #2026 of 7658

no it has no Gain setting

post #2027 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallendigital View Post

Does this x1 have replaygain??


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont think so w/stock fw (per initial features) ....but cld be possible with future fw upgrades....
post #2028 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post

I dont think so w/stock fw (per initial features) ....but cld be possible with future fw upgrades....

Will it drive Havi without amp?
post #2029 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wokei View Post


Will it drive Havi without amp?

 

as noted in my review, absolutely! and only at 50% volume with enough power to spare.

post #2030 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post

as noted in my review, absolutely! and only at 50% volume with enough power to spare.

My long wait is worth a lot and its paying me back.......biggrin.gif
post #2031 of 7658
Oh for sure... Im waiting on its release myself smily_headphones1.gif
post #2032 of 7658

2 questions:

 

1. how does it react when swapping multiple sd cards? does it has to load them all to memory? or is it instant play?

2. any preorder in europe mostly Germany?

 

answer please :D

post #2033 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post
 

 

as noted in my review, absolutely! and only at 50% volume with enough power to spare.

Will the X1 drive it as well as an E11k or NX1? I was thinking of using the X1 with one of these amps to power the Havi, but if the difference is small, there's no point in buying an amp. Also, how is the soundstage with the X1 > Havi? I remember reading one review that said the X1 lacked some soundstage depth, and I'd hate to buy an IEM with a nice soundstage only to have it held back with my source.

post #2034 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce1967 View Post


Do you think the X1 is powerful enough on it's own that it doesn't require an eternal amp or would I need to crank the volume past 50%? I use IEMs mostly not full sized headphones.
drove my 55ohms 91db/mW sensitivity AKG K240's, my Logitech UE6000's, and my Audio Techica ATH-WS77's to normal volumes at 55/100 or less... I'm thinking it should drive most, if not all headphones designed to be portable.
post #2035 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRapz View Post

Will the X1 drive it as well as an E11k or NX1? I was thinking of using the X1 with one of these amps to power the Havi, but if the difference is small, there's no point in buying an amp. Also, how is the soundstage with the X1 > Havi? I remember reading one review that said the X1 lacked some soundstage depth, and I'd hate to buy an IEM with a nice soundstage only to have it held back with my source.
It's better than any consumer audio player I've heard... I remember reading that too, but I think it was in comparison to other audiophile DAP's like the X3, AK100, etc
post #2036 of 7658
Yes. I was the one that stated in my review that i felt the depth of the X1 to be a bit lacking. While i do stand by that, its also safe to note that its still better than say my 4S although honestly not by a large margin. It stands out as a weak point of the device to me considering the fact it does other things better.

what kind of daps have you been using up to this point TRapz?
post #2037 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotnijoe View Post

what kind of daps have you been using up to this point TRapz?

I've only used my iPod Touch 4g and Nokia Lumia 520. I've found the Nokia to be much better than the iPod, I'm using WMA Lossless on the Nokia and 256 or 320kbps mp3s on the iPod. I do expect the FiiO to be a lot better these two, being a dedicated music player (and twice the cost of the Nokia). I probably shouldn't worry much about the soundstage because it'll probably still impress me, and I'm certain that I'll be buying the Havi and the X1; if it isn't enough (which I'm pretty sure it will be), I'll spend another $45 on an NX1.

 

Edit: Dischord, I just noticed that you have the Lumia 925, how do you think it compares to the X1? (I've used the 928, which I'll assume is somewhat similar to the 925 in terms of sound).


Edited by TRapz - 9/8/14 at 2:12pm
post #2038 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRapz View Post

I've only used my iPod Touch 4g and Nokia Lumia 520. I've found the Nokia to be much better than the iPod, I'm using WMA Lossless on the Nokia and 256 or 320kbps mp3s on the iPod. I do expect the FiiO to be a lot better these two, being a dedicated music player (and twice the cost of the Nokia). I probably shouldn't worry much about the soundstage because it'll probably still impress me, and I'm certain that I'll be buying the Havi and the X1; if it isn't enough (which I'm pretty sure it will be), I'll spend another $45 on an NX1.

Edit: Dischord, I just noticed that you have the Lumia 925, how do you think it compares to the X1? (I've used the 928, which I'll assume is somewhat similar to the 925 in terms of sound).
to my ears, Lumia 925 is brighter, with a somewhat smaller soundstage, and slightly less (so small of a difference it might have just been a placebo effect) detail than the X1... Lumia 925 has almost all the width of the X1 in soundstage though. I'm not exactly the best judge of soundstage, but I can say the X1 might just be worth it so you don't waste battery on your phone when playing music, for the more powerful internal amp, and the LOD function if you want to use an external amp... For mobile listening, imo its not really worth it to carry around a bunch of crap strapped to your music player, but that's just me. I prefer ye old headphone out paired with a portable headphone on the go, and at home I would use the LOD with an amp and open backed can.
post #2039 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post


drove my 55ohms 91db/mW sensitivity AKG K240's, my Logitech UE6000's, and my Audio Techica ATH-WS77's to normal volumes at 55/100 or less... I'm thinking it should drive most, if not all headphones designed to be portable.


Thats good to hear. It sounds like this unit might be nearly as powerful as the X3. I'm very much looking forward to the release of the X1. Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

post #2040 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post


to my ears, Lumia 925 is brighter, with a somewhat smaller soundstage, and slightly less (so small of a difference it might have just been a placebo effect) detail than the X1... Lumia 925 has almost all the width of the X1 in soundstage though. I'm not exactly the best judge of soundstage, but I can say the X1 might just be worth it so you don't waste battery on your phone when playing music, for the more powerful internal amp, and the LOD function if you want to use an external amp... For mobile listening, imo its not really worth it to carry around a bunch of crap strapped to your music player, but that's just me. I prefer ye old headphone out paired with a portable headphone on the go, and at home I would use the LOD with an amp and open backed can.

That seems like pretty much everything I want out of this player, thanks for your comparison. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote