or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote - Page 109

post #1621 of 7658

Why are you people sticking other devices onto the X1? I thought it was supposed to work on its own? How strange.

post #1622 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusd View Post
 

Here is the actual:

 

 

Looks good!  I'm also using FiiO L16 cable, which has straight connectors similar to yours, but I didn't want it to stick out too much thus decided to use an angled one included with E11k.  Oh, and since that angled cable is not as soft, to keep it from "turning" I put IM03 cable through the loop ;)  Btw, that one is silver-plated replacement ATH cable from Lunashops.  I guess for pictures it would look better with all silver/clear cables!

 

As an example, I recently tested a cheap $22 ONN mp3 player (nothing even close to X1 build or sound quality, of course), but with a "proper" cable setup it looks like this:

 

post #1623 of 7658

Thats a tidy looking setup you got there!

 

I have a cricket though if I plug in an Ipod which really helps also but I dunno I just like the E11k with the X1, feels sort of just right. I am guessing the E11k was not designed to specifically match with the X1 but they are both current flavors so a lot of people will want to know about them both same time.. and as a stack.

post #1624 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungryhoss View Post
 

Why are you people sticking other devices onto the X1? I thought it was supposed to work on its own? How strange.

 

It actually does work quite well on its own but it ain't head-fi unless you can stack it and stack it high hehe :)
post #1625 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungryhoss View Post

Why are you people sticking other devices onto the X1? I thought it was supposed to work on its own? How strange.

It's not strange in the least. The built in amp only outputs so much power. It's common practice with DAP's and harder to drive headphones.
post #1626 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderf4i View Post


It's not strange in the least. The built in amp only outputs so much power. It's common practice with DAP's and harder to drive headphones.

 

But ehy are you using hard to drive headphones with a portable DAP?  Like I said, strange. Logic would dictate that you should try using headphones which should pair with the device they are plugged into, without any extra help

 

I assume the X1 is designed this way - to work with most, if not all, portable earphones/headphones?

post #1627 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungryhoss View Post
 

 

But ehy are you using hard to drive headphones with a portable DAP?  Like I said, strange. Logic would dictate that you should try using headphones which should pair with the device they are plugged into, without any extra help

 

I assume the X1 is designed this way - to work with most, if not all, portable earphones/headphones?

 

 

 

I'd much rather lug a DAP and small amp attached to it to sit on the deck at the lake with my LCD-2's, than take a laptop and non-portable amp that I would have to plug in to an outlet. This is the reason portable amps are made in the first place lol. 

post #1628 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderf4i View Post
 

 

 

 

I'd much rather lug a DAP and small amp attached to it to sit on the deck at the lake with my LCD-2's, than take a laptop and non-portable amp that I would have to plug in to an outlet. This is the reason portable amps are made in the first place lol. 

 

But I don't have a lake, nor a deck (whatever that is).  While I can't be sure, I suspect most people don't.

 

I walk to work and I get buses and trains. And my smartphone sits in my pocket on its own, with easy to drive earphones plugged into it keeping me perfectly happy,

 

I look at these photos of multiple devices with giant headphones plugged into them and I wonder where we went wrong as a species. Maybe I need a lake?

post #1629 of 7658
I have a loch.
post #1630 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorrofox View Post

I have a loch.

 

Loch-fi the noo?

post #1631 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungryhoss View Post

But ehy are you using hard to drive headphones with a portable DAP?  Like I said, strange. Logic would dictate that you should try using headphones which should pair with the device they are plugged into, without any extra help

I assume the X1 is designed this way - to work with most, if not all, portable earphones/headphones?

It seems that you don't really know the purpose of a portable amp
post #1632 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by francopro View Post


It seems that you don't really know the purpose of a portable amp

 

Is it to make things louder?

post #1633 of 7658
An amp doesn't just add more power to a dap, it also add a couple of effects to the sound such as more details, clarity, bass and a wider soundstage. It's like getting 2D to 3D , an amp can completely change the sound quality to makes it better
Edited by francopro - 8/24/14 at 1:29pm
post #1634 of 7658
If it was just for power, audiophiles wouldn't invest hundreds of $ in amps
Edited by francopro - 8/24/14 at 1:28pm
post #1635 of 7658
Thanks for the information. I will try to avoid those then. Hundreds, you say? Phewee.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote