or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote - Page 108

post #1606 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post
 


EQ is precise with what I'm hearing as a relatively narrow band filter bandwidth for a specific frequency being adjusted.  Also, included presets are not bad at all!

Thanks!

post #1607 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smgwee1 View Post


The standard accessory of silicon bands is good enough to piggy back......
post #1608 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post

The standard accessory of silicon bands is good enough to piggy back......

Some of us despise using rubber bands around the middle of the device. It's sloppy.
post #1609 of 7658
IMO , even the best sounding smartphone can't be better than the worst dap on the market. Music playback is just a feature among the hundreds that compose a smartphone
post #1610 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderf4i View Post


Some of us despise using rubber bands around the middle of the device. It's sloppy.

 

I can' find a good spot with the X1. It's always covering something. I gave up on bundling it with an external amp

post #1611 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderf4i View Post

Some of us despise using rubber bands around the middle of the device. It's sloppy.

yup agreed.....kit like hs6 is better....
post #1612 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post
 

 

I can' find a good spot with the X1. It's always covering something. I gave up on bundling it with an external amp

 

Take a look at my review pictures with E11k bundle-up.  The band will cover volume down button in that config, but when you have output configured as LO for connection with external amp, volume control is disabled anyway.

post #1613 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post


yup agreed.....kit like hs6 is better....


+1, need a similar to HS6 kit with a right angled short cable of a similar quality as the L16 line out cable included with HS6.

post #1614 of 7658

Awww man, I realised that in Singapore, the X1 can't really fight price-wise against the Clip Zip; the X1 is 125 SGD approximately while the Clip Zip is being sold at 60 to 75 bucks...

post #1615 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkarn View Post
 

Awww man, I realised that in Singapore, the X1 can't really fight price-wise against the Clip Zip; the X1 is 125 SGD approximately while the Clip Zip is being sold at 60 to 75 bucks...

 

But you are comparing high tier mp3 player with a low tier DAP (which happens to have a high tier build quality) ;)  Perhaps, you need to factor in a price of an amp, something like E11/E11k or maybe a budget one like NX1.

post #1616 of 7658

Pair it with the E11k - full of win!  Been listening to this all night. Yup the X1 is thick and warm sounding but the tandem of the X1 and E11k is bloody brillant actually. 

 

post #1617 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusd View Post
 

Pair it with the E11k - full of win!  Been listening to this all night. Yup the X1 is thick and warm sounding but the tandem of the X1 and E11k is bloody brillant actually. 

 


And how do you connect line out cable in this config?  If so, which cable did you use?

 

I don't see any better way but to flip this combo since 3.5mm ports on E11k are at the bottom:

 

 

post #1618 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post
 

 

But you are comparing high tier mp3 player with a low tier DAP (which happens to have a high tier build quality)   Perhaps, you need to factor in a price of an amp, something like E11/E11k or maybe a budget one like NX1.

 

Hmmm if we factor that in, the Clip Zip + amp combo will be way more expensive than the X1 :o

post #1619 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post
 


And how do you connect line out cable in this config?  If so, which cable did you use?

 

I don't see any better way but to flip this combo since 3.5mm ports on E11k are at the bottom:

 

 

 

Yup you are 100% correct, the photo I posted  is just for the website rather than real world use. 
 

I have a little modified generic silver flat cable with Palic plugs about 1.5 inches long to avoid that tangle problem you are having there in your photos. 
 

Not too far from this:

post #1620 of 7658

Here is the actual:

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote