or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote - Page 106

post #1576 of 7658

to my ears it is for sure

post #1577 of 7658
It is definitely warmer than my Nokia Lumia 925 and sansa C250 to my ears. Very nice paired with the E11. I just have one question... How is this 100$???
post #1578 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post

It is definitely warmer than my Nokia Lumia 925 and sansa C250 to my ears. Very nice paired with the E11. I just have one question... How is this 100$???

The magic that is Fiio.

Don't dig too deep or them might send men in suits after you
post #1579 of 7658

OK, I went back after my initial listening last night, and just did more a/b comparison between X5 and X1.  Using X5 with FW 2.07beta and X1 with its default FW 0.16beat - I find them to be warm on the same level.  X5 definitely is more detailed which can create a perception of more brightness, but while listening now with fresh ears I don't find X5 to be significantly brighter.  Keep in mind, that's with FW 2.07, not sure if anything has changed with later firmware updates.

 

I will update my initial impression review.

post #1580 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post
 

 

X5 is warmer, just like I mentioned in the quote you highlighted in bold ;) 

 

"Soviet Union" ?!? Wishful thinking or sad reality? 


I retrieved my initial impression about X5 sound being warmer, and review has been updated to reflect that.

post #1581 of 7658
The x1 is starting off with nice reviews. Meanwhile things are looking bleak for the resale value of the x3. Worse user interface. No equalizer. Relatively useless DAC support (some pc units work sometimes but forget your iphone one ipad). Oh yo do get dsd support. Except you might as well convert files to flac as the dsd support does just that.
post #1582 of 7658

I AM interested, and the funny thing is that my old sansa clip+ died on me this summer so this appears at the right moment. How about selling it NOW!? :D 

post #1583 of 7658
I am waiting for some x3 vs x1 reviews. Also my goal was to spur FIIO to commit to keeping the x3 at least up to par with the low end unit.
post #1584 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaero69 View Post

I AM interested, and the funny thing is that my old sansa clip+ died on me this summer so this appears at the right moment. How about selling it NOW!? biggrin.gif 
well... The tour ends in 50 days I believe, so it'll come out in two and a half months im guessing? Just a random guess, so don't quote me... I'm hoping in time for Christmas so I can get one... And most likely it will be.
post #1585 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post


well... The tour ends in 50 days I believe, so it'll come out in two and a half months im guessing? Just a random guess, so don't quote me... I'm hoping in time for Christmas so I can get one... And most likely it will be.

They're planning to release it in September. They also said they'll begin mass producing them in September as well. I don't know how long it'll take for them to produce a good amount of them, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does end up being released in October.

post #1586 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee290 View Post

They're planning to release it in September. They also said they'll begin mass producing them in September as well. I don't know how long it'll take for them to produce a good amount of them, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does end up being released in October.
YES! Ima ask for an X1+E11K and maybe a JVC SZ1000 added into that with my money I get from gifts. Then for my birthday two months later get an AKG Q701 with a tube amp? Ehh I have time. Anyways... Yes. The X1 is that good for me to want it after 2 days of using it.
EDIT: Here's what I wrote about it in the "post pictures of your portable rig" thread: I find the WS77's bass to be somewhat excessive with things like Fleetwood mac, but for electronic its fantastic. Controlled and punchy... But to each their own I guess. They sound very nice directly out of the X1. Very large soundstage imo for a bassy portable that just gets widened even further by the X1 compared to the sources I own. Add an amp (I'm using the E11) and it gets even more refined... I'm sad I can't keep it! frown.gif imo, the WS77's bass is more textured and controlled than the UE6000's I also have. UE6000's are definitely better for rock and 70's-80's pop though. Overall I think the X1 is a warm sounding DAP with a lot of detail and power. Great balance of musicality and detail. Insane price to performance, and its gonna be a hit with budget audiophiles I'm sure.
Edited by DisCHORDDubstep - 8/23/14 at 5:22pm
post #1587 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post


YES! Ima ask for an X1+E11K and maybe a JVC SZ1000 added into that with my money I get from gifts. Then for my birthday two months later get an AKG Q701 with a tube amp? Ehh I have time. Anyways... Yes. The X1 is that good for me to want it after 2 days of using it.
EDIT: Here's what I wrote about it in the "post pictures of your portable rig" thread: I find the WS77's bass to be somewhat excessive with things like Fleetwood mac, but for electronic its fantastic. Controlled and punchy... But to each their own I guess. They sound very nice directly out of the X1. Very large soundstage imo for a bassy portable that just gets widened even further by the X1 compared to the sources I own. Add an amp (I'm using the E11) and it gets even more refined... I'm sad I can't keep it! frown.gif imo, the WS77's bass is more textured and controlled than the UE6000's I also have. UE6000's are definitely better for rock and 70's-80's pop though. Overall I think the X1 is a warm sounding DAP with a lot of detail and power. Great balance of musicality and detail. Insane price to performance, and its gonna be a hit with budget audiophiles I'm sure.

 

Absolutely agree!!!  What other sources do you own?  Just curious about the reference for your comparison.

post #1588 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post

Absolutely agree!!!  What other sources do you own?  Just curious about the reference for your comparison.
my sister has an iPod touch 4g, yesterday my friend let me compare it to his iPod classic 7g(i think it was 7g. All i know is newest one) SanDisk sansa c250 with rockbox, and a Nokia Lumia 925. Better than all of those I can say that much.
post #1589 of 7658

Perhaps, neutral signature could be better rather than warm. Most consumer oriented and entry level headphones / earphones already has warm or bassy signature, or not?

post #1590 of 7658
To all X1 previewers:
I'm supposed to receive the official X1 user guide tomorrow. In the meantime it may be useful to refer to the User Guide for the X5 as of FW2.0, which is very similar in operation to the X1.
http://www.fiio.net/UploadFiles/main/Images/2014/4/20140430172252.zip

The main differences I can see are:
1. The Favorites menu is within the Play by Category menu rather than in its own root level menu
2. The Equalizer to be found in in the Play Settings menu rather than in its own root level menu
3. There's no dedicated line out port on the X1, but the one output port is selectable between headphone output and line output in "System Settings-->Select output"
4. There's no DAC mode on the X1
5. No Gain setting software switch

Hope that helps!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote