or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote - Page 86

post #1276 of 7658

This would be a better adaptor than the one I have previously mentioned

 

only thing left to do is to find a safe way to secure it to the device. I have some ideas myself, but it would be nice to hear other people's take on it.


Edited by jenia1 - 7/16/14 at 12:42pm
post #1277 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenia1 View Post

This would be a better adaptor than the one I have previously mentioned



only thing left to do is to find a safe way to secure it to the device. I have some ideas myself, but it would be nice to hear other people's take on it.

That's the one i have. In the X3 i needed to add a bit of plastic to the back to make it stay connected. It will work then though.
post #1278 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post


That's the one i have. In the X3 i needed to add a bit of plastic to the back to make it stay connected. It will work then thoug

cool! nice to see some1 have alreadz experimented with that! perhaps you could uplod some pics? the most interesting part for me is the part where the micro sd adaptor connects to the device, and how you keep it safe from getting damaged. also if the SD card can be placed on the back of the device 180 degrees from the micro sd connector

post #1279 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenia1 View Post

cool! nice to see some1 have alreadz experimented with that! perhaps you could uplod some pics? the most interesting part for me is the part where the micro sd adaptor connects to the device, and how you keep it safe from getting damaged. also if the SD card can be placed on the back of the device 180 degrees from the micro sd connector

I can't seem to find them right now. Dropped my ipad in the process of searching them. Nothing broke but it's clearly a sign from the heavens that i should cease this quest for now. I'm pretty sure they'll fit on the back. Convenient wise i would go with 2 128GB mSD cards though.
post #1280 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post


I can't seem to find them right now. Dropped my ipad in the process of searching them. Nothing broke but it's clearly a sign from the heavens that i should cease this quest for now. I'm pretty sure they'll fit on the back. Convenient wise i would go with 2 128GB mSD cards though.

yo, yup dont rush it^^ im glad nothing got broken. 

The X1 got only 1 mSD slot. Meaning using this adaptor I'm gonna be using 1 128gb SD card but i would really like to see how you made the connector sit there safe and tight , not now though, continue with the quest later^^  good night!

post #1281 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenia1 View Post

yo, yup dont rush it^^ im glad nothing got broken. 
The X1 got only 1 mSD slot. Meaning using this adaptor I'm gonna be using 1 128gb SD card but i would really like to see how you made the connector sit there safe and tight , not now though, continue with the quest later^^  good night!

Whoops, i thought this was the X5 thread :X

I think it should fit. A ribbon cable is pretty flexible.

I'm still a bit shocked from the drop. Oh man that's scary.
post #1282 of 7658

When can we order?  I also am interested in the new short cable you have advertised.  I cant find that anywhere either.

post #1283 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by nappiguan View Post
 

When can we order?  I also am interested in the new short cable you have advertised.  I cant find that anywhere either.

http://eud.dx.com/product/sd-to-microsd-transflash-card-converter-module-844027001#.U8AxuvmSzwo

post #1284 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenia1 View Post

yo, yup dont rush it^^ im glad nothing got broken. 
The X1 got only 1 mSD slot. Meaning using this adaptor I'm gonna be using 1 128gb SD card but i would really like to see how you made the connector sit there safe and tight , not now though, continue with the quest later^^  good night!

I've taken some pictures. Measurements are in centimeters.
If you need anything else, just tell me smily_headphones1.gif


post #1285 of 7658

Just to give you guys an idea on how they will fit together:

 

SAM_6574r.jpg

post #1286 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post
 

Just to give you guys an idea on how they will fit together:

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
SAM_6574r.jpg

 



If FiiO come out with a silicon case for X1 that could hide the adapter away neatly. Just ease it on gently.

Just don't catch the ribbon or kink it....

post #1287 of 7658

Do any of you really think that this dongle is really worth the hassle over a plain micro SD card?

post #1288 of 7658

A big appendage like that completely eliminates the portability and convenience that the X1 was designed to bring...

post #1289 of 7658
Depending how well it can be tucked away (I've never tried it so purely speculation) it'd be less obstructive than strapping an amp to the player.
post #1290 of 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post


I've taken some pictures. Measurements are in centimeters.
If you need anything else, just tell me smily_headphones1.gif


 

Thank you very  much! this is exactly what i was expecting, though they have no dimensions on the given site so this was a great help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post
 

Just to give you guys an idea on how they will fit together:

 

SAM_6574r.jpg

 

Very nice, I actually thought that the card slot is on the buttom... ow well..

looks good and fits right it with the X1. im still wondering, since the backplate is made out of plastic, if it 

would be possible to shove this whole thing  below it so that it wont stick so much out and cut a small hole on the eight side of the pic so that you can insert the sd cards, 

have you tried opening the back cover? is there any space there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatmanSize48 View Post
 

Do any of you really think that this dongle is really worth the hassle over a plain micro SD card?

my idea was to just hold it in place with some back carbon sticker ,, as easy as that...

it depends on each person.. If you are rather paying x2 or 3 (not sure) for the same capacity cards just in "micro" size, that's your choice.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote