- 2,750 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: Oztralia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO X1 firmware version 1.10 download and discussion thread Last post on 8/25/15 at 7:55pm in FiiO
- Lotoo PAW 5000 now available from Hifiheadphones.co.uk Last post on 9/3/15 at 8:22am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application Megathread Last post on Today at 2:53 am in Portable Source Gear
- Lotoo PAW 5000: Shipping Now (in China) Last post on Today at 4:27 am in Portable Source Gear
- Portable AMP + DAC or a DAP...?? Last post on 5/9/15 at 2:43am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
Moon Neo Series 430 HAD Reference Headphone Amplifier With optional DSD/32-Bit PCM DAC Eric Neff Headphone.Guru June 2015 CanJam at RMAF last October was bursting at the seams....
Not as stylish as an A&K but very well built, apart from the flimsy wheel. Good materials and nice finishes and overall intiutive U.I. give a quite nice experience. First of, some APE and DSD...
I will mainly be comparing to A65. Build of these is excellent, but not quite as nice as A65 due to the half plastic housing. It is of very high quality though, it shouldn't affect...
Just a short review, as there is really not a lot to say, which is a good thing, nothing to complain about with these. Build is excellent, they feel supremely solid, I mean even 1k+ iems don't...
INTRODUCTION The Encore RockMaster IE is a new crowd-funded IEM from SonicUnity, and new audio company formed by Rick Hopkins. Rick's a music industry veteran who's helped with concert design for...
The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO and inline remote ! - Page 11
Gear mentioned in this thread:
A and B versions merged together and created C. I think the C Version is nice compromise. But buttons could be little bigger. Or it would be better to make on the side dedicated buttons like Hifiman 901 did or maybe above that scroll wheel
Edited by Marburger - 11/25/13 at 1:12am
I don't think all design will have problem about patent , Apple just have the touch wheel patent but not other wheel.
oh o! James, looks like a grand invitation to the Apple law associates,just after their samsung trial lately. JK.......
Edited by Shawn71 - 11/25/13 at 1:36am
yeah another wheel they can't near is Wheel of Fortune......He He He
the new design may belong to Apple style but it is not a clone or copycat. anyway, there are 3 method for the layout of the wheel and bottoms,
iPod look, a screen + touch wheel
Sansa look, a screen + mechanical wheel
Sony look, a screen + wheel and 2 or four around the wheel,
I don't think it is a good idea put the bottom at one side like HM901 cause it is not good for use
you mean the ipod Classic? Yes, they did come up with Wolfson, until the 5.5th gen. later classics of 1st,2nd and 3rd GEN are CL DACs.
Edited by Shawn71 - 11/25/13 at 1:48am
Wolfson has made a lots of different DAC, it does not means that every DAC is high quality in SQ
yep! the CL may or may not have better DAC as well..its about quality, not brand. Just like Samsung, not all their models are popular/good
Then they might as well cancel all the designs and start from scratch - A and B look like iPod Minis. B is first gen (kind of like Video) and A is second gen (kind of like Classic). X5 looks like the Classic and Video hybrid, then Looney Toons characters ran it over and it ended up as large as a Note.
On the other hand, I've heard a lot of parents or other people referring to the Fuze as an "iPod" but they didn't get sued, even when GM sued Chrysler (or vice versa, can't remember anymore) based on showing people a photo of the grill and asking them to identify what SUV it is prior to that. James did say they studied the actual patents and all they had was for that specific wheel design.
True,Those were entry level MASS Production(mils).......but not a bad SQ though cheap. different versions to meet the different needs of clients(Apple etc),cost effective. 8740 is regarded as wolfson's one of top notch for that matter and it's design,price to performance lifted the brand's reputation as well.
btw You are into different league James, than classics. only the external looks lean on to it but not all the internals,HW/architecture,UI etc.
And I didn't compare classic DACs to our X1, just fyi.
Legally speaking it won't create a patent law suit. It is so different.
But I believe Fiio lawyers are also looking into this & I believe that they will make sure it is suit free before releasing it..
Let us do it!! & C is good design wise.. Hehehehe
- The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO and inline remote !
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 4 seconds ago
- › NEW - Beyerdynamic DT-1770 (250 ohm) 38 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Dunu TITAN Series: 1/1es/3/5 -- Ti-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear"... 1 minute ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Vintage/Current R2R DAC Owners Discussion, Insight, and Review Thread 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Simaudio MOON Neo 430HA by longbowbbs
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by flognarde
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Encore RockMaster IE by nmatheis
- › Noble 3 by WhatToChoose
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by dazzerfong
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by hakushondaimao
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by goodyfresh
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2