Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and headphone amp !
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and headphone amp ! - Page 228

post #3406 of 3420
Whats your sound preference? The genres you like and listen most.....that will help others to suggest you matching options in that price range.....believe you need IEM(s) mostly on the go than indoors.....
post #3407 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGL View Post


My budget is around $100 to $150 so I will look into the two earphones you recommended.

Are there others highly recommended?

you can also look into the upcoming momentum in ears which i doubt will be at all bad and have gotten good reviews (very few) if you like a little bit of a bassier sound signature. Havi b3 pro (old version) are highly regarded by those who've had them, huge soundstage amazing mids and linear response (requires amping tho). Vsonic vsd3(s), ostrys and others also have quite the following.

 

I do not own any of these earphones but have given em a good look, as in, read a lot about them since I have my x1, a fiio e11k, and akg k240mkii, and soundmagic's e10 on the way.

 

Be careful with your choices tho our youll end up obsessed with new gear as i am.

post #3408 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK1 View Post
 

I have been waiting years for a player that takes an easily swappable 18650 Lion battery. These come in capacities of  3600 mah(or perhaps some are even greater?), so each battery would give huge run time. I see two of them and a charger for sale on Amazon for just $15.62

 

It is also great charging the batteries outside the player.

Cool, yeah, those would be great.  Just like with cameras, it's nice to be able to swap the battery out and not have to wait for something to charge.  I didn't know those batteries existed - one more thing to hope for and (probably) never see, I guess.  Having lots of devices that use the same battery is nice, too.  

post #3409 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK1 View Post
 

"Maybe AA can't deliver enough current for a higher-end piece like this, but a standard-sized (to the extent they exist) replaceable li-ion would be great. "

 

I have been waiting years for a player that takes an easily swappable 18650 Lion battery. These come in capacities of  3600 mah(or perhaps some are even greater?), so each battery would give huge run time. I see two of them and a charger for sale on Amazon for just $15.62

 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A9C3YIY/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687642&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001WBH2NE&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=05MHE1M1BE34TRSA4HW3

 

It is also great charging the batteries outside the player.

 

Those batteries look too thick for the compartment on the player. In fact, they look to be as thick as the player.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungle View Post
 

Cool, yeah, those would be great.  Just like with cameras, it's nice to be able to swap the battery out and not have to wait for something to charge.  I didn't know those batteries existed - one more thing to hope for and (probably) never see, I guess.  Having lots of devices that use the same battery is nice, too.  

 

 

DX50 uses Samsung S3 batteries; I use the Caseology batt+charger (and also their case). They changed what's available to something white and looks better though; I use the old one with a nice black battery but with a black charger that looks like what you would get with a camera.

http://www.amazon.com/Caseology-Long-Lasting-Replacement-Portable-18-Month/dp/B00DV2WX3G/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1414083250&sr=1-1&keywords=S3+caseology+battery

post #3410 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post
 

Definitely not comparable :cool:

What about the amp though?

 

Does anyone know how the amp on the X1 compares to the E6?

post #3411 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohcrapgorillas View Post
 

What about the amp though?

Does anyone know how the amp on the X1 compares to the E6?

 

The FiiO E6 could at max volume, drive my 250-Ohm Beyers decenly

Where as the FiiO X1 drove my 250-Ohm Beyers at around 70% volume.

post #3412 of 3420

Someone else said the 9-Ohm Shire SE846 plugged into a X1 would have some hiss issues?

post #3413 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

The FiiO E6 could at max volume, drive my 250-Ohm Beyers decenly
Where as the FiiO X1 drove my 250-Ohm Beyers at around 70% volume.

Nice! So, quite a bit of power. That does it, I'm gettinf an X1 or an X3...maybe both, X1 to leave at work and X3 to carry around elsewhere.
post #3414 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiohn View Post

I am really struggling with multi-disc albums. I have them organized in folders as artist/album/CD1 and /artist/album/CD2 with track number (01, 02, etc) prepending each file name. However, accessing the album in Categories piles all of the tracks in order by filename, not by disc order. When I access through the file browser, every single folder displays the filename followed immediately by the same filename prepended with ._ (for instance, 01_Track is followed by ._01_Track). What is happening here? Everything is tagged correctly with a disc number and disc total. Am I doing something wrong? Is there anyway around this other than renaming all the files with something like CD1_01_Track and CD2_01_Track?

having this issue too, really annoying. did you find a way to fix it?

post #3415 of 3420

Dear Fiio People (Joe Bloggs/ JamesFIIO ),


Can you please whipcrack the shipment of X1's to Headphone Bar in Vancouver Canada faster so I can buy your awesomely hyped audio device? Waiting patiently for stock since they sold out x.x Please. Please please?

 

Thanks So Much,

Voshra

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post

Official firmware version 1.10 for the X1 is now available!
http://www.head-fi.org/t/739521/fiio-x1-firmware-version-1-10-download-and-discussion-thread

Link after the jump smily_headphones1.gif Now supporting M3U and internal playlists. Inline remote sensing adjusted to reduce chance of accidental operation by erroneous detection.

well huh, thats good since I didn't realize it DIDN'T support M3U until now >.> since I use exclusively that for my playlists X3

post #3416 of 3420

How is the X1 compared to the iPod Classic 5th gen and the 7th gen??
I've been reading that the Classic sounds ''dead'' compared to the X3 and X5, so I wanna know how the X1 vs the 2 Classics I mentioned

post #3417 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridge77 View Post
 

How is the X1 compared to the iPod Classic 5th gen and the 7th gen??
I've been reading that the Classic sounds ''dead'' compared to the X3 and X5, so I wanna know how the X1 vs the 2 Classics I mentioned

I am not an audiophile, just a listener to some of the music I own.

So I have a iPpod Classic Video 80GB for over 6 years now. And I love the player.

But after buying the X1 I sadly don't use the iPod anymore except for podcasts and audiobooks.

The soundquality is very better, deeper. Volume can be much harder, so be prepared to limit the volume if you stay with the same earphones.

 

Shufflling with playlists, the iPod remains still more intiutive and easier in use.

post #3418 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinzoeker View Post
 

I am not an audiophile, just a listener to some of the music I own.

So I have a iPpod Classic Video 80GB for over 6 years now. And I love the player.

But after buying the X1 I sadly don't use the iPod anymore except for podcasts and audiobooks.

The soundquality is very better, deeper. Volume can be much harder, so be prepared to limit the volume if you stay with the same earphones.

 

Shufflling with playlists, the iPod remains still more intiutive and easier in use.


amp in the X1 is so much better

post #3419 of 3420

Indeed, you love the iPod untill you'll listen to the X1. Such a difference.

I can't compare with other players, but for me the X1 is a great buy. Now I can listen again more classical music :)

post #3420 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by kepler22b View Post
 

having this issue too, really annoying. did you find a way to fix it?

 

Hop over to the the firmware thread and voice your opinion

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/739521/fiio-x1-firmware-version-1-10-download-and-discussion-thread

 

 

The X1 is a great player but needs a firmware upgrade for the way it handles multi disc albums. Ideally it should work to list the each discs tracks in order.

 

 

I placed my multidisc albums in separate folders for now and use the file browser to play each disc. You can also renumber your albums but this is the least ideal solution.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and headphone amp !