Originally Posted by ClieOS
X1 and X3 are product tailored to different tier of user. One doesn't replace the other.
My question wasn't about the X1 will be replacing the X3, X1 is another puppy for another audience.
Only am i right that FiiO will redesign the X3 in the near future?
It's a good thing to recognize the brand FiiO in it's design, also there are complaints about the knob layout and the UI.
Regarding FiiO, i fit perfectly in the X3 tier:
* looking for great sound on the go, holidays, on the beach, in my car etc
* My files are 192 to 256kbps, i assume X5 users use 256kbps as a minumum.
* MP3 music collection >200Gb
* Totally hate the music industry focus on high output vs dynamic recordings
* Budget not over €25,-- (iPod Classic budget)
There is only 2 things that keep me from buying the FiiO X3, the UI and eol of the current X3.
Regarding this topic the X1 will be a long wait for me, because my iPod Classic is breaking down (loadconnector)
Edited by Speedmusic - 6/23/14 at 12:25pm