Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young !
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! - Page 76

post #1126 of 2163
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


^ i hope FiiO will play it smart and make this X1 sound even better than the X3 tbh, cuz the X3 is already dated and never seem like a "finished" product to me. More like a beta DAP FiiO made to just test out the waters in order to get a feel for the market/ IU, etc etc etc.

 

And since a X3 version 2 will come out soon, i think it is a wise to make the X1 the "waterline" if you will just like how Hifiman made their $100 RE-400 as their house sound benchmark.  This $100 lil' DAP will reach A LOT more people than the X3/ X5 will ever will due to the price and looks alone so.... if they sound as good if not better than the X3 then FiiO will be a true game changer.

 

I will no doubt preach/ spread the gospel if this happens. haha


too much wishful thinking,,,ain't gonna happen mate(as much as i would love myself to be wrong)

post #1127 of 2163
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post
 


my only concern as i am indian is that it will be available here at 140$ at least as the official fiio dealer pro audio home includes the import tax too,,,,and that makes it pretty costly compared to otherwise 100$ price.

 

but still if it turns out as promised i am wiling to give 40$ more

 

Most of the difference is VAT. 

post #1128 of 2163
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


^ i hope FiiO will play it smart and make this X1 sound even better than the X3 tbh, cuz the X3 is already dated and never seem like a "finished" product to me. More like a beta DAP FiiO made to just test out the waters in order to get a feel for the market/ IU, etc etc etc.

 

And since a X3 version 2 will come out soon, i think it is a wise to make the X1 the "waterline" if you will just like how Hifiman made their $100 RE-400 as their house sound benchmark.  This $100 lil' DAP will reach A LOT more people than the X3/ X5 will ever will due to the price and looks alone so.... if they sound as good if not better than the X3 then FiiO will be a true game changer.

 

I will no doubt preach/ spread the gospel if this happens. haha

 

Yes, the design of the enclose is a little out date. but we have try our best to make it better by firmware upgrade, like added USB DAC, DSD playback, and it is still the best in feature at it's price.

post #1129 of 2163
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


^ i hope FiiO will play it smart and make this X1 sound even better than the X3 tbh, cuz the X3 is already dated and never seem like a "finished" product to me. More like a beta DAP FiiO made to just test out the waters in order to get a feel for the market/ IU, etc etc etc.

 

And since a X3 version 2 will come out soon, i think it is a wise to make the X1 the "waterline" if you will just like how Hifiman made their $100 RE-400 as their house sound benchmark.  This $100 lil' DAP will reach A LOT more people than the X3/ X5 will ever will due to the price and looks alone so.... if they sound as good if not better than the X3 then FiiO will be a true game changer.

 

I will no doubt preach/ spread the gospel if this happens. haha

 

It will be dumb thing to do, the way I see it. X3 still sells extremely well (in fact, I think the sale figure went up even after X5's release) so to undermine their own business by releasing a conflicting product isn't a smart thing to do. Plus, we all know for the beginning that X1 is meant to be the entry level product, where X3 is the entry-mid tier, X5 is the mid-high tier and X7 is the top tier. This isn't going to be change any time soon. You also have to understand that, FiiO already said that the lower end products will be tuned much closer to a "consumer sound", so don't keep your hope up.

 

Anyway, I'll have more to say next week, probably (*hint, hint).

post #1130 of 2163
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

 

Most of the difference is VAT. 


but as i have said again and again u guys are not tapping india at all.

there should be an indian warehouse for fiio stuff,,,,at least products like x1 will sell really well

post #1131 of 2163
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post
 


but as i have said again and again u guys are not tapping india at all.

there should be an indian warehouse for fiio stuff,,,,at least products like x1 will sell really well

 

hope you can understand that the retail price is not decided by FiiO but our agents. especially some exclusive distributors. 

post #1132 of 2163

I'll be happy if they tune the X1 to be flat/neutral like the X5 instead of with the typical mid-bass hump/bloat and recessed/suppressed upper-mids/treble. A DAP should be neutral and people who want to color up their music should use colored headphones and/or EQ to taylor to their tastes.

post #1133 of 2163
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post
 

I'll be happy if they tune the X1 to be flat/neutral like the X5 instead of with the typical mid-bass hump/bloat and recessed/suppressed upper-mids/treble. A DAP should be neutral and people who want to color up their music should use colored headphones and/or EQ to taylor to their tastes.

 

If you are worrying about the FR curve, don't be. I am pretty sure it will be as flat as possible. But a flat FR curve doesn't always means it will be totally neutral and clean sounding. Case in point, X3 vs. X5.

post #1134 of 2163
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

 

hope you can understand that the retail price is not decided by FiiO but our agents. especially some exclusive distributors. 


and thats my point really because india has just one dealer,so its his price only.

if there was a fiio warehouse in india maybe more dealers would sell it according to different prices.

 

i mean can u believe an import from mp4 nation.com is cheaper than buying from that dealer in india,,,lol??yup thats true,the guy is currently selling the x3 for 270$ when from hongkong i can import it at 200$ flat(free delivery).

post #1135 of 2163
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post
 

 

If you are worrying about the FR curve, don't be. I am pretty sure it will be as flat as possible. But a flat FR curve doesn't always means it will be totally neutral and clean sounding. Case in point, X3 vs. X5.


Yeah I was definitely surprised to see the measured FR curve of the X3. It's pretty flat when in reality it sounds pretty colored... The X5 sounds flatter and more neutral, but I still think Fiio can do even better. They will just have to tune by ear along with equipment. I think there are people working at Fiio who know what neutral is supposed to sound ilke. No more house sounds I want a colorless window into the music (if possible).

post #1136 of 2163
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post
 


Yeah I was definitely surprised to see the measured FR curve of the X3. It's pretty flat when in reality it sounds pretty colored... The X5 sounds flatter and more neutral, but I still think Fiio can do even better. They will just have to tune by ear along with equipment. I think there are people working at Fiio who know what neutral is supposed to sound ilke. No more house sounds I want a colorless window into the music (if possible).


offtopic but just saw ur signature.

 

are ie800 worth their price tag??

post #1137 of 2163
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post
 


too much wishful thinking,,,ain't gonna happen mate(as much as i would love myself to be wrong)

^

hey hey a guy can dream can't he??? :smile:

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post
 

 

It will be dumb thing to do, the way I see it. X3 still sells extremely well (in fact, I think the sale figure went up even after X5's release) so to undermine their own business by releasing a conflicting product isn't a smart thing to do. Plus, we all know for the beginning that X1 is meant to be the entry level product, where X3 is the entry-mid tier, X5 is the mid-high tier and X7 is the top tier. This isn't going to be change any time soon. You also have to understand that, FiiO already said that the lower end products will be tuned much closer to a "consumer sound", so don't keep your hope up.

 

Anyway, I'll have more to say next week, probably (*hint, hint).

^

Sometimes people are rewarded for the dumb things that they do no??? But the thing is an updated version of the X3 will be released as well, which certainly will make the original X3 even more dated.  Just look at what VSonic is doing with their new lineup of iems, and if their claims are true they have in fact upped their sonic game to another level and is selling iems that might sound better if not on par with their old flagships for a small fraction of the cost. So......

 

Maybe there is logic to their madness or maybe not, but if their performance claims are legit i will no doubt buy them and will recommend it to all the people that i know. They will more than make up for their initial "loss" with the increase in sales volume alone.

 

Does the "*hint, hint" mean you are gonna send me one of these lovely X1s for review next week Mr. OS??? If so HYPED!!! :tongue:

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

 

Yes, the design of the enclose is a little out date. but we have try our best to make it better by firmware upgrade, like added USB DAC, DSD playback, and it is still the best in feature at it's price.

^

yeppp already know that the X3 is one hell of a good bargain already, but as you said before, new will  always better no??? :bigsmile_face:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post
 

I'll be happy if they tune the X1 to be flat/neutral like the X5 instead of with the typical mid-bass hump/bloat and recessed/suppressed upper-mids/treble. A DAP should be neutral and people who want to color up their music should use colored headphones and/or EQ to taylor to their tastes.

^

i am all for a flat/ neutral/ transparent sound, but if there is no quality and depth to the bass NO THANKS. The X5 seems to have the perfect balance of bass warmth/ punch while still being neutral from the impressions that i have read so far, and i am not asking this X1 to have the same quality/ performance. But it would be nice to have that fine balance in this lil' $100 DAP as well.

 

Hope that is not asking for too much. LoL


Edited by sfwalcer - 6/21/14 at 10:13pm
post #1138 of 2163

Is it bad that I've been checking this thread 10 times a day?

post #1139 of 2163
Why not ask Sennheiser to make HD600 to be at $100? I really love the sound quality of it. It would be nice if they can make it $100.
post #1140 of 2163
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

Why not ask Sennheiser to make HD600 to be at $100? I really love the sound quality of it. It would be nice if they can make it $100.


dude is it all right??

i mean are u in shock or something??

 

football world cup maybe:tongue_smile: 

 

on other note,i understand what u did there

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young !