or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AUDEZE LCD XC - Page 63

post #931 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dook0 View Post

 
I wonder, 
Can an LCD-X turn into an LCD-XC by screwing these wood pad ?


I was thinking the opposite, LCD-XC without the woodpad = LCDX ?
If so I might buy one smily_headphones1.gif

It seems likely that the XC is an X with wooden cups but there may be small differences that would prevent just swapping between the X grill and the XC wood cups. If they ARE the same then I hope Audeze makes the wood cups an "aftermarket" option for the X. Could be a nice little revenue stream for them but the down side is that it could canibalize sales because there are some who would buy both but might not if this option was available.
post #932 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget67 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dook0 View Post

 
I wonder, 
Can an LCD-X turn into an LCD-XC by screwing these wood pad ?


I was thinking the opposite, LCD-XC without the woodpad = LCDX ?
If so I might buy one smily_headphones1.gif

It seems likely that the XC is an X with wooden cups but there may be small differences that would prevent just swapping between the X grill and the XC wood cups. If they ARE the same then I hope Audeze makes the wood cups an "aftermarket" option for the X. Could be a nice little revenue stream for them but the down side is that it could canibalize sales because there are some who would buy both but might not if this option was available.

Hum...
If audeze does not sale aftermarket woodcup, maybe some custom dedicated guy will sell it (ie martin custom audio, etc).
Hope to see that soon smily_headphones1.gif
post #933 of 2642

Wouldn't any headphone maker worth their salt completely redo the driver and components of a closed end headphone to ensure it matches the closed acoustics?

post #934 of 2642
And by that you mean what? popcorn.gif
post #935 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag8908 View Post

Wouldn't any headphone maker worth their salt completely redo the driver and components of a closed end headphone to ensure it matches the closed acoustics?
Agreed....at least they'd tune and engineer the sound to maximise the different environment.
Edited by deafanddumb - 2/22/14 at 3:25pm
post #936 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafanddumb View Post


Agreed....at least they'd tune and engineer the sound to maximise the different environment.

Hard to say - may be done completely with dampening. Someone could ask Audeze.

It would void the warranty at any rate so would be "at your own risk"

post #937 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbradley02 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by deafanddumb View Post

Agreed....at least they'd tune and engineer the sound to maximise the different environment.
Hard to say - may be done completely with dampening. Someone could ask Audeze.
It would void the warranty at any rate so would be "at your own risk"

I don't think Audeze is going to tell anyone what difference there is or share proprietary information about their headphones. I know I wouldn't if it were me. It would be interesting if someone who owned both the X and XC swapped the grills and cups back and forth and reported on the results but that could void their warranties. I'd certainly like to know!
post #938 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget67 View Post


It seems likely that the XC is an X with wooden cups but there may be small differences that would prevent just swapping between the X grill and the XC wood cups. If they ARE the same then I hope Audeze makes the wood cups an "aftermarket" option for the X. Could be a nice little revenue stream for them but the down side is that it could canibalize sales because there are some who would buy both but might not if this option was available.

that would be me…i bought both and would not have if this was the case.

post #939 of 2642
In the meantime i can test with some rice bowl on my lcd-x smily_headphones1.gif
post #940 of 2642
Today I received the DHC Complement 2 ( 4 pin XLR ) to use with my LCD-XC, which I've been listening to for a couple of hours, but before I mention the SQ difference I've found using the DHC cable over the stock cable, I've said since using the Psvane EL34PH tubes with my BHSE, I'd only be listening to my LCD-XC / GS-Xmk2 while waiting for the BHSE to warm up.
The difference I've found using the DHC, is slightly better detail with a little more impact in the SQ, however, this slight improvement won't change me from only using my LCD-XC / GS-Xmk2 while I wait for my BHSE to warm up, in fact time does seem to drag while I'm waiting for the BHSE to get warm which takes about an hour.
IMO the SQ from the LCD-XC / GS-Xmk2 using the DHC cable does sound very good, but I feel the 009 / BHSE using PH tubes are on another level.
post #941 of 2642
First Impression my brand new LCD XC

Source : iPhone 5s USA version
Dac / Amp : Cypher Labs Theorem 720
Headphone : Audeze LCD XC
Cable : StephanAudio Art Endorphin edition balance 4 pin
Balance 4 Pin to RSA adapter
Lightning to mini USB Cypher Labs Stock

First impression :
High : clear and clean and crisp high but not harsh
Mid : very clear and clean and sweet
Bass : detail and clean Bass, very deep and very good Bass impact and fast Bass response
Separation : very good separation
Soundstage : for close headphone is wide , with better depth
Overall : very good in detail and Clarity and clean with fast deep bass impact , this sound character is different from my others LCD 2 rev 3 and LCD 3
I love the sound quality out the box pair with my Theorem

IMO

post #942 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

First Impression my brand new LCD XC

Source : iPhone 5s USA version
Dac / Amp : Cypher Labs Theorem 720
Headphone : Audeze LCD XC
Cable : StephanAudio Art Endorphin edition balance 4 pin
Balance 4 Pin to RSA adapter
Lightning to mini USB Cypher Labs Stock

First impression :
High : clear and clean and crisp high but not harsh
Mid : very clear and clean and sweet
Bass : detail and clean Bass, very deep and very good Bass impact and fast Bass response
Separation : very good separation
Soundstage : for close headphone is wide , with better depth
Overall : very good in detail and Clarity and clean with fast deep bass impact , this sound character is different from my others LCD 2 rev 3 and LCD 3
I love the sound quality out the box pair with my Theorem

IMO


That cable
post #943 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1110 View Post


That cable

weird...looks like a putrefied umbilical cord...but I bet it sounds great!

post #944 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by figaro69 View Post
 

weird...looks like a putrefied umbilical cord...but I bet it sounds great!

Yeah It does!    I love it!   That set up means business!   Dont cut the cord man!

post #945 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1110 View Post

That cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by figaro69 View Post

weird...looks like a putrefied umbilical cord...but I bet it sounds great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dguitarnut View Post

Yeah It does!    I love it!   That set up means business!   Dont cut the cord man!

Thank you all
StephanAudio Art Endorphin is The best cable For Audeze headphone like My LCD 2 rev 3 , LCD 3 and LCD XC
I have Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 . Norse Audio 8 Bride , Van Den Hul Tone Arm cable are very Good cable , but My SAA is better
It is a master OF synerrgy .
And please Dont Forget SAA Endorphin is more expensive compare to them

IMO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum