or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AUDEZE LCD XC - Page 49

post #721 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioops View Post

Either that or I'm so ugly that my hair is running away from my face.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
post #722 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioops View Post

Either that or I'm so ugly that my hair is running away from my face.

Do that's what's been happening to me. Welcome to the oogly club my brother
smily_headphones1.gif
post #723 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by kothganesh View Post

Mac,

 

you just made my day. IMO, the XC is better than the 900. For me, its now a 3:1 ratio in terms of hearing time between the XCs and 900s. Again all, it is only my subjective experience. 

 



I just got TH900, and possibly will get LCDXC.
But can you tell me which one has bigger Sound Stage and better mids ?

Thanks in advance,
post #724 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kothganesh View Post

Mac,

 

you just made my day. IMO, the XC is better than the 900. For me, its now a 3:1 ratio in terms of hearing time between the XCs and 900s. Again all, it is only my subjective experience. 

 



I just got TH900, and possibly will get LCDXC.
But can you tell me which one has bigger Sound Stage and better mids ?

Thanks in advance,

I've never heard the TH-900 but I did have the TH-600 for a while and sold them because of the mids being so weak. Some say the mids on the TH-900 are even more distant so the XC will win in that department. Hands down. Not even a contest.

TH-900 for soundstage. The recessed mids and huge boosts to the bass and treble also give the illusion that the soundstage is bigger than what it actually is.

The XC are reference headphones. They're not as fun to listen to as the Fostex but technically they're much better.
post #725 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1110 View Post



I've never heard the TH-900 but I did have the TH-600 for a while and sold them because of the mids being so weak. Some say the mids on the TH-900 are even more distant so the XC will win in that department. Hands down. Not even a contest.



TH-900 for soundstage. The recessed mids and huge boosts to the bass and treble also give the illusion that the soundstage is bigger than what it actually is.



The XC are reference headphones. They're not as fun to listen to as the Fostex but technically they're much better.

 



It is darker than TH900 ? only thing that I am hesitating is the weight and comfort issue of LCD-XC.
Wish they can implement SINGLE sided stator magnet like all new HE560 to reduce the weight.
post #726 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1110 View Post

I've never heard the TH-900 but I did have the TH-600 for a while and sold them because of the mids being so weak. Some say the mids on the TH-900 are even more distant so the XC will win in that department. Hands down. Not even a contest.

TH-900 for soundstage. The recessed mids and huge boosts to the bass and treble also give the illusion that the soundstage is bigger than what it actually is.

The XC are reference headphones. They're not as fun to listen to as the Fostex but technically they're much better.


That's exactly what I was trying to say. The XC's are better sonically but on Friday and Saturday nights I'm taking out the more fun , bigger bAss Fostex girls!
On Sundays it will be the XC I take to church and dinner !
Edited by dguitarnut - 2/7/14 at 5:07am
post #727 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kothganesh View Post
 

Mac,

 

you just made my day. IMO, the XC is better than the 900. For me, its now a 3:1 ratio in terms of hearing time between the XCs and 900s. Again all, it is only my subjective experience. 

 



I just got TH900, and possibly will get LCDXC.
But can you tell me which one has bigger Sound Stage and better mids ?

Thanks in advance,

it's close, but better soundstage goes to the Fostex.  With regards to the Mids, LCD-XC is much better than the Fostex (Fostex's are somewhat recessed).

post #728 of 2642

Imo the soundstage of the XC is better because it is much deeper and with better instrument imaging.

post #729 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance_Gott View Post

Imo the soundstage of the XC is better because it is much deeper and with better instrument imaging.
This. I feel imaging is indeed better and the overall sound is balanced compared to the 900.
post #730 of 2642

My Sunday Girl woody!

 

 


Edited by dguitarnut - 2/7/14 at 3:13pm
post #731 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by dguitarnut View Post

My Sunday Girl






Nice
post #732 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by dguitarnut View Post
 

My Sunday Girl woody!

 

 

 

 

Beautiful! I use a Soloist myself. Keen to know what you think of the pairing once you have sufficient hours with them. :) 

 

Congrats!

post #733 of 2642

Ooooh, those look very nice in those pics...beautiful phones! 

post #734 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by kothganesh View Post
 

Mac,

 

you just made my day. IMO, the XC is better than the 900. For me, its now a 3:1 ratio in terms of hearing time between the XCs and 900s. Again all, it is only my subjective experience. 

:beerchug: 

 

(Though I still think very highly of my TH-900s FWIW).

post #735 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
 

:beerchug: 

 

(Though I still think very highly of my TH-900s FWIW).

 

Wow! If only I could afford the XC's at the moment. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum